Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2008, 11:07   #46
BANNED

This isn't sudden Cedia surge - its just reuse of Cedia !!!

@anonymous, please check if you feel comfortable, once inside the car.
Old 15th July 2008, 12:50   #47
Senior - BHPian

Slightly OT. Last week when I was in ASC for checking new wheel setup on my Lancer, I saw 4 Cedia with bad accidents (and 1 Lancer) Previously if I saw 4 Cedia's in for service, that was a good number.
3 of them had moderate to large frontal collision damage (one car atleast seemed to be writeoff), 1 had rear collision damage (maybe a victim of Cedia's superb brakes ?).
It's a one off observation but the feeling I got is some owners are driving the Cedia too hard for Indian roads and encountering bad luck ...
Old 15th July 2008, 13:04   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
In that case what are you waiting for . Just buy it.
Arranging Moolah
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
@anonymous, please check if you feel comfortable, once inside the car.
@Diabloo, I felt very comfortable inside. Could you please explain this? Any personal experience?
Old 15th July 2008, 14:29   #49
Senior - BHPian

Rajeev, if the car is in good condition & accident free, go for it with your eyes closed!
Old 15th July 2008, 14:45   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Rajeev, if the car is in good condition & accident free, go for it with your eyes closed!
Ishan, car is absolutely in immaculate condition but I guess if I go for it with my eyes closed, it won't be in this fine condition anymore
Old 20th July 2008, 11:51   #51
oss
BHPian

A car that has done 6800 kms and just about a year old, quoting 6.8 lakhs as opposed to the purchase price of around 10lakhs......Now i know the resale value of Cedia is not great, but this is way too low.
Ofcourse Anonymous, you are getting a fantastic deal, and need not worry about your resale price as you are already getting a fabulous discount on the car, and still pass it off as a first owner when you decide to sell, as it is registered in the company name anyway.
What makes me wonder is (rather worry is) the steep discount on resale
Old 20th July 2008, 17:41   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
A car that has done 6800 kms and just about a year old, quoting 6.8 lakhs as opposed to the purchase price of around 10lakhs......Now i know the resale value of Cedia is not great, but this is way too low.
Not surprising at all. You can expect Cedia to sell at least a lac or so lower than the normal standards. The 2nd car market has a different dynamics and cars that fetch good resale value are those with good FE, good service and high reliability. For this reason, Cedial ALPG may have a slightly higher resale value. Cedia 2nd hand target car audience may be a very small segment of buyers who like to buy a reasonable performance car with good modification potential.
Old 21st July 2008, 11:53   #53
BHPian

@ Deepak, who do you deal with in Southern motors for your work?
Old 23rd July 2008, 12:15   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
Not surprising at all. You can expect Cedia to sell at least a lac or so lower than the normal standards. The 2nd car market has a different dynamics and cars that fetch good resale value are those with good FE, good service and high reliability. For this reason, Cedial ALPG may have a slightly higher resale value. Cedia 2nd hand target car audience may be a very small segment of buyers who like to buy a reasonable performance car with good modification potential.
Absolutely agree with you.
there are no buyers of Cedia 'used car' in India. If I want to buy a Cedia for what it has to offer, I would raher shell out a few lacs and get a new one, rather than go looking for a 'used' cedia in the market.
If you see any other car in the used car market, you dont ask the question 'why the owner is selling the car', but if its a Cedia, thats the first question you would ask.
Old 24th July 2008, 16:21   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
I too have a Cedia Sports from Sept'07 which is also company registered.
This is on 100% finance (ex.showroom) for 3 years and after 1 year balance principal is about 7L.
So I wounder, in this case comany is just looking to settle pendingfinance and not really bothered care value in resale market.

But at the same verified on carwale, resale value comes to about 6.87L. Carwale does provide fair indication on resale value.

So it could be one of these reason.
Old 24th July 2008, 17:11   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
@ Deepak, who do you deal with in Southern motors for your work?

Actually I land up there often just once a year and people have changed but I have NEVER had bad service there. This is from 1995 [I think].
Old 24th July 2008, 19:27   #57
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaltanksale View Post
I too have a Cedia Sports from Sept'07 which is also company registered.
This is on 100% finance (ex.showroom) for 3 years and after 1 year balance principal is about 7L.
So I wounder, in this case comany is just looking to settle pendingfinance and not really bothered care value in resale market.

But at the same verified on carwale, resale value comes to about 6.87L. Carwale does provide fair indication on resale value.

So it could be one of these reason.
You have a point there; if hte is the company selling it, they just want to sell it at ppl o/s, rather than spending time to find a buyer.

I do find the Carwale prices to be reasonably ok but i have a feeling that they just use generalised discounting rates, rather than giving the market prices. Need to validate this though.

Most Viewed