Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2008, 20:24   #1

Sudden Cedia Surge??

hi guys, mitsubishi all of a sudden is promoting the cedia so heavily that it makes one wonder if there is more to the story... i mean is there any chance of a revised diesel launch of Cedia at higher price range and the present petrol being sold at lower prices once the present stock is over... knowing mitsubishi it seems possible, i mean look at what they did with Pajero, in span of two months, now they offering a far far better Pajero at same prices... can someone please throw some light here??

by the way i like the present car and want to buy it, but dont wanna feel cheated
Old 24th March 2008, 20:29   #2
BHPian

cedia diesel ? Sorry.. didnt know that there were diesel cedias. Dont think there were any too...
Old 24th March 2008, 20:34   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

mitsu is supposed to be planning to dump HM and go solo in india. not sure how true it is. there is another thread discussing the same.
Old 24th March 2008, 21:12   #4

i was just wondering about the diesel variant... but surely it seems dicey of mitsubishi to promote cedia so heavily.. almost 30 hoardings in ahmedabad alone along with half page ads in leading dailies... i am genuinely waiting for some stroy to unfold to go and buy this car
Old 24th March 2008, 21:16   #5
BHPian

I do not think they are hard selling the Cedia. The discounts and offers are all the same. Only thing changed is the advertisement focused on Cedia.
HM may be making way for Mitsubishi India.
Old 24th March 2008, 22:14   #6
Senior - BHPian

Yes the visiblity of the car in the media is increased so that potential customers know the potential of the car.But a diesel variant can be thought of with a good crdi engine for the beast.
ram
Old 24th March 2008, 22:25   #7
Senior - BHPian

I dont think so. Look how Toyota is promoting Innova and Corolla !
Old 24th March 2008, 22:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

Yes toyota is also doing the same thing and thats what they are there for.Every manufacturer has to promote their products through good informative ads.Thats the game plan these days.
ram
Old 25th March 2008, 00:36   #9

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

It could be HM making way for Mitsubishi India.
Old 25th March 2008, 12:46   #10
BHPian

In this context, I would like to mention that the coveted tuning arm of Mitsubishi, Ralliart is soon going to make its way into India. Believe it or not, they are going to set up shop in some big shopping malls in Bombay to start with, and sell bolt-on body kits for the Cedia/Lancer. (Sorry, but no turbo jobs or Evo conversions yet)
Old 25th March 2008, 12:49   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Yes the visiblity of the car in the media is increased so that potential customers know the potential of the car.But a diesel variant can be thought of with a good crdi engine for the beast.
ram
Don't think there is a diesel powerplant in the last gen lancer (cedia in india) anywhere in the world. The current gen lancer will have a 2.2liter 140bhp crdi mill in europe though.
Old 25th March 2008, 13:04   #12
Senior - BHPian

Not even Cedia, there has been an increase in ads for all cars. This is largely because of the usually higher buyer interest and sales in March (fiscal year end).
Old 25th March 2008, 13:20   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Not even Cedia, there has been an increase in ads for all cars. This is largely because of the usually higher buyer interest and sales in March (fiscal year end).
. With the March ending and tax saving investments done...its time to splurge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Ralliart is soon going to make its way into India. Believe it or not, they are going to set up shop in some big shopping malls in Bombay to start with, and sell bolt-on body kits for the Cedia/Lancer.
When, when!!
Does that mean I can buy a second hand Cedia Select and spuce it up looking better than a Cedia Sport?
Old 25th March 2008, 14:20   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
It maybe true for all cars in general. But for Cedia, the difference is very noticeable and the increase in advtg. is at much higher scale. Just in BLR, I saw 3 to 4 big hoardings of the Cedia (I never saw any since launch), not to mention newspaper, magazine and TV ads. One also sees a lot many Cedias on road nowadays relative to some months back.
Old 25th March 2008, 14:45   #15
BHPian

Hi guys, this is pure hearsay...

I have a relative who was working for HM at their plant outside Chennai. Apparently, the demand for the Cedia is non-existent and HM is running very small production runs of 30 to 40 cars each month to exhaust the kits they had imported initially. When he left HM about a year ago, he said they had around 600 kits in stock.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks