Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2008, 12:33   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Hi Ram & ROC, you've raised valid points but as I'd mentioned, it was just hearsay. My "contact" is a distant relative & was part of the team that was handling "re-tinning" of the Cedia. As I understand it, all original panels & metal-work was imported, which was the reason the Cedia was priced so high at launch - HM simply did not have any other alternative.

They then began to scout for local vendors who could supply the panels, my relative was on the team that was assigned this task. The availability of local panels was why the price was dropped by around 1.5 lakhs, albeit many months after the launch. The reason he quit HM was that they were winding down their Cedia operations, in the Tiruvallur plant at least.

Ok srini,But you mean to say that the body panels are out sourced from local vendors.Oh my,so they dont have a body shop at the plant or what,and were did they get the die for the same.
Any ways one sincere advice is that to verify the info before posting as it may lead to confusions.
ram
Old 10th April 2008, 15:01   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Yes their website shows 8.99L for cedia sports now. By the way the website also has a new look. What are they up to!
Anyway, dealer is saying he will give me the car at old ex-showroom price, provided I make the down payment by tomorrow. And I am inclined to take that offer

Last edited by sbelekar : 10th April 2008 at 15:09.
Old 10th April 2008, 20:18   #33
BHPian

Cedia deserves it

I am a new Cedia ALPG user and feel very elated with the new brand promotion strategy of HM. Surely the car deserves it. Mitsubishi has pitched in fine engineering into it and decidedly it needs a good advertising campaign to communicate to the customers. All my friends of Honda City like my car, no offenc to anybody. I have already helped sell two cars.

I feel HM is repositioning this car as one which is for the driving pleasure but within the running cost of Diesel(ALPG). This is apt. The dealerships are increasing. The safety consciousness of the buyer is increasing.

The car looks the best deal in the market if they hire a few smart salesman. Again, the car has a fresh feeling. It is not overexposed and is expected to have a longer product cycle. Cedias are there to come in hordes. Just belt up.
Old 11th April 2008, 10:17   #34
Senior - BHPian

"I noticed a surge in Bolero Sales? Any reason?"

A change to the much awaited DI Engine and, to a lesser extent, revamped exteriors may have caused surge in sales.

Mahindra, in a clever marketing ploy, plonked the turbo DI from the Bolero into Scorpio, slashed the price and taxi/tourist operators are preferring this M2DI version of Scorpio.
Old 11th April 2008, 10:45   #35
BHPian

Does anyone know the sales figure of Cedia for the last financial year?
Old 11th April 2008, 11:23   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I concur with the thread starter...there is indeed a sudden Cedia surge. Mitsubishi's sedan sales have jumped from 600 odd levels to 1300+ in March 2008. A good part of that number can safely be credited to the Cedia.
Old 11th April 2008, 13:51   #37
Senior - BHPian

i feel its a good looker, better than the bland corolla, interiors are also quite awsome especially in the high end versions, the only thing i feel it needs is a slightly bigger set of wheels, i feel they look tiny on the car.
Old 14th July 2008, 15:01   #38
BHPian

Sorry for hijacking this thread but I need some expert comments on the following deal
Cedia Sports
Purchased date - Sep 2007
KM run - 6000
Color - Black
Asking price - 6,80,000/- Fixed
how is this dealing looking to you guys?
Old 14th July 2008, 16:33   #39
BHPian

Less than a year old. Pretty good deal.
What is the reason for sale? Is it accident free?
Old 14th July 2008, 16:40   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Sorry for hijacking this thread but I need some expert comments on the following deal
Cedia Sports
Purchased date - Sep 2007
KM run - 6000
Color - Black
Asking price - 6,80,000/- Fixed
how is this dealing looking to you guys?
I had checked Carwale & they quoting a little lesser than 6.5 lacs for a decently maintained car. But i guess this is a good price that you have got.
Should be worth it. Do have a good check up of the car before jumping into the deal. cheers!
Old 14th July 2008, 16:50   #41
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a real nice deal there depending upon the condition of the car. Since its just 9 months old, it should be as good as new.
Old 14th July 2008, 17:41   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Less than a year old. Pretty good deal.
What is the reason for sale? Is it accident free?
This car is registered under the name of my company and the person, who bought it, has left the company. He had the option to pay the complete loan amount with interest to the company but he otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I had checked Carwale & they quoting a little lesser than 6.5 lacs for a decently maintained car. But i guess this is a good price that you have got.
Should be worth it. Do have a good check up of the car before jumping into the deal. cheers!
Just took a test drive and detailed inspection of the car. No scratches whatsover, its as good as new, stepney has not been used at all. The engine looks as good as new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Looks like a real nice deal there depending upon the condition of the car. Since its just 9 months old, it should be as good as new.
Its is as good as new.
So should I go for it now?
Old 14th July 2008, 19:15   #43
BHPian

If I had not bought my cedia 3 months back, I would have bribed to buy this for me

Man if you know the owner and car so well, just go for it. I haven't seen many Cedia on resale yet. At this price, I think you should just to jump for it.

But always have H.M's A.S.S in mind.
Old 14th July 2008, 19:53   #44
BANNED

Quote:
If I had not bought my cedia 3 months back, I would have bribed to buy this for me

Man if you know the owner and car so well, just go for it. I haven't seen many Cedia on resale yet. At this price, I think you should just to jump for it.

But always have H.M's A.S.S in mind.
HM service in Bangalore has been excellent for me. Its the same service center as Mahindra and I have had great service thru Contessa, Lancer as well as the Scorpio. So have my friends.
Old 15th July 2008, 10:51   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
This car is registered under the name of my company and the person, who bought it, has left the company. He had the option to pay the complete loan amount with interest to the company but he otherwise.

Just took a test drive and detailed inspection of the car. No scratches whatsover, its as good as new, stepney has not been used at all. The engine looks as good as new.

Its is as good as new.
So should I go for it now?
In that case what are you waiting for . Just buy it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks