Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2008, 12:16   #31
BHPian

yes tatas could benefit from building a jag supercar, i'm all for a car like xj220.

Does this mean they will officialy launch Lr and jag in india? any fair prices?
Old 27th March 2008, 12:23   #32
BHPian

Maybe Tata should introduce some technolgy from Jaguar into Indigo/Indica and from Land Rover into Safari/Sumo instead of trying to bringing Jaguar and Land Rover into Indian markets.
Old 27th March 2008, 12:56   #33
BHPian

kudos to TATA

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfire View Post
Great move, kudos to TATA. Hope Tata will manage to make these into profit unlike Ford. But still I wonder how can Tata do this while an International giant like Ford failed to do so. Waiting eagerly to see their plans and strategies, and ofcourse Indian launch and cheaper versions too
hi bro don't bother abt the same bcoz we are the guru of management and business we have gave the Pepsi(the world's best brand) an Indra Nooyi , Citi (the world's biggest company & No1 is Fortune 500) a Vikram Pandit, and for Vodafone the Arun Sarin, and also not to forget that world top most company are hiring their manager from IIM and not from Harward or from any other xyz university, so we are damn sure that these companies are in the safest hand and Mr.Ratanji and his team will make these company profitable as he did for the rest of all his portfolios. and don't forget to gothrough my blog .
Kudos to TATA
Old 27th March 2008, 13:05   #34
BHPian

Now Tatas are PRESENT in well developed markets too

Indeed it is a great thing that the TATAs lead Indians to Reclaim our glory.

Way back in 1997 on the Streets of Copenhagen, Denmark I found a jelly bean Zen and told the accompanying Danish colleague that it is built by Indian firm Maruti. That racial Danish manager refused to accept that fact and lamented it cannot be an Indian car (Interestingly Denmark doesnot produce any car as of day)and he would nevel visit India as it is TOO much populated.

Globally With in 10 years tables have turned... vide Y2K bug IT sector gave indians Big opportunity to go nooks and corners in the world. Now Indian TATAs creates history in manufacturing sectorby taking over brands and become global automobile conglomerates.

As an Indian I tastefully enjoy these global market developments and TATAs success. I am confident that TATAs will bring in more technology to its Indica /Safari/Sumo range of vehicles.

It will be nice to see and occasionaly enquire the racial riches of the middle-east and Western worlds driving a Indian company Jaguar and Land -Range rovers

I wish TATAs all success across globle in the coming years
Old 27th March 2008, 14:14   #35
BHPian

along with technology, I hope that we can see Jag and LR design teams helping with out with the latest of the TATA motors product range. Also it would be nice to see a TATA car in the D segment, perhaps a Jag hand-me-down?!? I think that would work well in the Indian market [Worked for the old Sonata]

Also let's not forget that TATAs have handled business quite well, which is why Fiat is parterning with them, and also considering them for an official entry of Ferrari into India...TATAs know how to manage companies, they will definately do well with Jag and LR...but give them time
Old 27th March 2008, 14:18   #36
BHPian

Aah, at last we might have an Indijag and an Indirover versions of the original built in Ranjangaon with TATA plastics and suited for the pockets of the less unfortunate people like me..
Old 27th March 2008, 16:58   #37
Senior - BHPian

After Daimler lost out on its sale of Chrysler, it is Ford's turn. Ford is selling at around £1.15 billion (US$2.3 billion). However, Ford will contribute US$600 million to the Jaguar and Land Rover pension plans. Thus, Ford's receipt would be around £850 million (US$1.7 billion). Given that Ford paid £2.5 billion to buy Jaguar in 1989 and £2.7 billion for Land Rover in 2000, this means that Ford has lost US$4.35 billion on the purchase price of the brands alone, even without taking into account the huge amount it has invested in these companies.
Old 27th March 2008, 18:18   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
After Daimler lost out on its sale of Chrysler, it is Ford's turn. Ford is selling at around £1.15 billion (US$2.3 billion). However, Ford will contribute US$600 million to the Jaguar and Land Rover pension plans. Thus, Ford's receipt would be around £850 million (US$1.7 billion). Given that Ford paid £2.5 billion to buy Jaguar in 1989 and £2.7 billion for Land Rover in 2000, this means that Ford has lost US$4.35 billion on the purchase price of the brands alone, even without taking into account the huge amount it has invested in these companies.
And not taking into account the inflation !!
Old 27th March 2008, 19:11   #39
Senior - BHPian

Guys, an unexpected fallout of the JLR acquisition can be seen in Pakistan. Our neighbor is facing a dilemma, and their car forums are ablaze with discussions on what they would do now....

"Since 1987 Pakistan has been building the Land Rover range of 4 x 4 vehicles under licence and by 1997 production was running at around 2,500 vehicles a year, almost exclusively for the pak army. "

source:
Pakistan Military Consortium :: www.PakDef.info
Jeeps in Pakistan - Misc - 4x4 Offroaders Club Karachi
Old 28th March 2008, 12:16   #40
Senior - BHPian

Kudos to TATA MOTORS

Tata Motors deserves a well earned pat on the back for bagging two of the worlds iconic automotive brands.

Undoubtedly, the biggest gain is the engineering expertise that JLR has, and I wish, to start seeing some of that in TATA's products pretty soon.

And Tata Motors if you are listening, when can we have the 'Landrover Experience' training grounds for offroading here in India ?
Old 28th March 2008, 13:40   #41
Senior - BHPian

KUdos TATA...You have made india proud. My next Off roader would be a Landrover Defender from TATA. Making defender here would bring down the cost substantially. Hope TATA starts a new manufacturing facility for Landrover here in India
Old 2nd April 2008, 21:44   #42
Team-BHP Support

The first Indica Jaguar has already rolled out of the plant
Attached Thumbnails
TATA finally bags the Jaguar and Landrover deal-29032008232.jpg  

Old 2nd April 2008, 22:02   #43
Senior - BHPian

Good one Moral!

Hope they can bring the Land Rover here at a reasonable price!
Old 3rd April 2008, 00:36   #44
F50
Senior - BHPian

Congrats to Tatas!!

So, MoralFibre has already spotted a Indica Jag.

I just wish that they launch Jaguar Xeta and Land Rover Dicor!!
Old 3rd April 2008, 00:53   #45
BANNED

Attention! Attention! Attention!
Watch National Geographic channel now. Has a show running about Jaguar. Fast!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks