Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2008, 17:59   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
Yes, the legroom is the same as Swift because the wheelbase is retained from the Swift hatchback. However, they have reclined the seats a wee bit. Not sure how much that helps the comfort level of rear seat passengers. I would assume a marginal improvement from the hatchback.

Checked out the car today. The improvement in rear seat comfort is more than marginal. Having extensively travelled in the hatch swift(Ldi) rear seat, I can confidently say that the Dzire rear bench is much better. The increased inclination certainly helps. And the seats feel much more comfortable.
Old 27th March 2008, 18:40   #107
BHPian

Spent some time in the car at Mandovi. There was a long queue for test drive so couldnt take one.

Initial impressions:

1. The car looks much better in flesh. Looks quiet proportionate from all angles. The boot actually looks good with BMW'ish lines.

2. The interior is from Swift - nothing better, nothing worse.

3. The rear bench - I felt the shoulder room was lesser. I compared by alternating sitting in SX4 and DZire - DZire was significantly cramped. I am sure with 3 people its going to be a "close ride". Legroom - same as swift - a tad disappointing for a "sedan".

4. Boot - pretty spacious

A good buy, especially for not-so-tall people (so that you can have the front seat pushed up ahead) to give space for passengers. A good buy definitely for those who want dikki-wali gaadi.

Would I have bought - yes if I was planning to buy a car now. One thing is for sure the waiting list is expanding (my guess is 2-4 weeks waiting if you book within this weekend, 4-8 weeks from next week onwards - this is my hunch).

~maniac
Old 27th March 2008, 18:51   #108
BHPian

The Swift Dzire looks good, i guess the sales of the logan will go down.
Old 27th March 2008, 19:03   #109
Senior - BHPian

The Dzire looks good. The pricing also looks attractive. But has anybody taken the guess of the waiting period for this? It will end up the same way when its sibling swift hatch-ddis was launched. Waiting for 3~6 months for this, is stupidity as other manufacturers would reduce the prices by that time.

Yes, it will give some serious competition to its counterparts and its sibling also. This will be good for consumers. the people who have bought the cars in past couple of months will feel betrayed if other car manufacturers like Logan reduces the prices now. And hope they have taken of the niggling issues like rattling. Let's wait and watch for a couple of months. The exact situation will emerge.
Old 27th March 2008, 19:17   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
The Dzire looks good. The pricing also looks attractive. But has anybody taken the guess of the waiting period for this? It will end up the same way when its sibling swift hatch-ddis was launched. Waiting for 3~6 months for this, is stupidity as other manufacturers would reduce the prices by that time.

Yes, it will give some serious competition to its counterparts and its sibling also. This will be good for consumers. the people who have bought the cars in past couple of months will feel betrayed if other car manufacturers like Logan reduces the prices now. And hope they have taken of the niggling issues like rattling. Let's wait and watch for a couple of months. The exact situation will emerge.

The pricing looks good for now but what has to been is if Maruti deliver the cars in a short span of time. Saw some posts mentioning the end of the Indigo etc. but if the Dzire is not delivered quick and has a long waiting period, buyers will look elsewhere and ie Tata because from what I know Indigos are quite easily available. I hope Maruti doesnt let that happen.
Old 27th March 2008, 19:34   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdelhi View Post

But I have still not been able to figure out the reduced boot size in ZXi and ZDi as compared to other variants. As an afterthought, is it because of the size of the speakers?
Does increased size of 5th tyre be the reason for reduced boot volume in zxi/zdi?
Old 27th March 2008, 19:38   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
The pricing looks good for now but what has to been is if Maruti deliver the cars in a short span of time. Saw some posts mentioning the end of the Indigo etc. but if the Dzire is not delivered quick and has a long waiting period, buyers will look elsewhere and ie Tata because from what I know Indigos are quite easily available. I hope Maruti doesnt let that happen.
The Indigo CS is in diferent game altogether. It is much mroe cheaper than swift dzire. We have experienced the delays with hatch version. Anybody knows how many cars MSIL can make/day and what would be the takt time? From this, we can easily come to know whether the situation will be worse than hatch or MSIL has actually taken steps to avoid hatch kind of situation.
Old 27th March 2008, 19:43   #113
BHPian

Quote:
... We have experienced the delays with hatch version...
From what I've heard, there is still a waiting period for Swift Diesel. But the good (?) news is that people are willing to wait. So, the same might happen with Dzire.
Old 27th March 2008, 19:51   #114
BHPian

OTR prices in blore

Got a call from the Mandovi motors guys in Bangalore! Surprisingly, he says he has the Diesel options with him and one has to wait for pertol cars as he has not received them yet!

OTR Prices - Vxi - 5.53L
- Ldi - 6.07L
- Vdi - 6.59L
- Zdi - 7.57L

He also claims that the rear seat leg room is much better than the hatch, but then he is a salesman, right?
Old 27th March 2008, 20:02   #115
BHPian

Today i saw Dezire.It looks good.I heard the waiting period is 1month not 2-3 months.I will get a TD tomorrow.
Why this stupid waiting period for these cars?20 to 30 days is ok but 2 to 3 months is way too much.
Old 27th March 2008, 20:05   #116
BHPian

Quote:
From this, we can easily come to know whether the situation will be worse than hatch or MSIL has actually taken steps to avoid hatch kind of situation.
Maruti is often alleged to create an artificial demand. I'm not sure if all of the waiting period for swift is really due to production problems or whether they are creating an artificial demand.

However, according to all press releases, the production increase investments/improvements in the manesar plant will definitely improve things over a period of time.

Quote:
This will be good for consumers. the people who have bought the cars in past couple of months will feel betrayed if other car manufacturers like Logan reduces the prices now.
Does anyone know if Maruti dropped prices after launch ? Ever as significantly as Logan. Zen Estillo is one "flop" model that comes to mind for such possibilities. Can anyone confirm in the positive or negative ?

Wondering if this round of "introductory prices" for Dzire will change upwards/downwards after some time !
Old 27th March 2008, 20:20   #117
Senior - BHPian

Its unpredictable on the price variation after the launch ! Never believe the sales guys or dealers in that matter. They are trained to give 'now or never' feel to a serious buyer. They might also come out with very funny stories to prove their sales point. I am a victim to that.

I purchased my wagonR exactly 1 year back. Dealers and sales guys claimed all the prices are going to be hiked within 45 days as the financial year 2007-2008 started. To cut the story short: I could have saved a minimum of Rs.5000/- and the new immobiliser feature without any extra cost if I ignored their sales talks for just 30 days !!. Its not only with Maruti, other brands too play the same game either to push out a particular model or a batch.

If I want to buy a Dzire, I would wait for the second batch with minor glitches sorted out as with any new launch ! The year 2008 is going to confuse every new buyer with too many choices, eventually competitive prices too !

Last edited by shajufx : 27th March 2008 at 20:22.
Old 27th March 2008, 20:43   #118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirlp View Post
Maruti is often alleged to create an artificial demand.
No respected media has alleged this so far, if my memory serves right. Only this has come up in the forums like team-bhp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirlp View Post
I'm not sure if all of the waiting period for swift is really due to production problems or whether they are creating an artificial demand.
Swift (petrol and diesel) sold 9,327 cars in January 2008, which is much more than their initial targets. Don't you think that'll cause a waiting period for the car?
Old 28th March 2008, 11:00   #119
BHPian

Swift Petrols were always available off the shelf, so its just the diesels and I begin to think MSIL's bottleneck is the MJD engine and may not be the shell - so if we know the thruput of the engine then we know their diesel car capacity... buy who may know this...?

Quote:
The Indigo CS is in diferent game altogether. It is much mroe cheaper than swift dzire. We have experienced the delays with hatch version. Anybody knows how many cars MSIL can make/day and what would be the takt time? From this, we can easily come to know whether the situation will be worse than hatch or MSIL has actually taken steps to avoid hatch kind of situation.
Old 28th March 2008, 12:58   #120
pankaj_aheer

I have booked the Vehicle at Apra Gurgao on 26th . Booking Amount @rs 50,000.
Dealer Said waiting time not know as They have not receved the Allaclation list of Dzire to them .

I don't understand this. May be they are making fools to customers and creating artificial demand for the Vehicle .

Most Viewed