dzire 109 67.28%
logan 23 14.20%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2008, 23:42   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Please understand that this is a pure speculation poll. Where the question is : Which do you THINK will win?

Not a matter of TD or review etc.....

I understand that, since you have already voted for the Dzire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Accent & Indigo are dated, Dzire looks ugly, my vote goes to Logan.
Now, the Logan is not dated ?
Old 26th March 2008, 23:47   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
If you see the C-Pillar joint, you can make out the attached boot. Renault attached a boot to the sedan. In India, sedan was launched first.
May be my eyesight is poor, but i'm not able to make out a thing. Anyways, Logan's boot is not against the flow of the bodyline making it ugly as in cases like NHC, Indigo etc. (Not saying Logan is good looking though! hehe)

Also, can you show a pic of the hatch version? Where was this hatch version launched?
Old 26th March 2008, 23:49   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I can't believe 71% of the people have voted for the dzire even before they have actually seen/TDed the car. Even the SX4 did not have this kind of a welcome on T-BHP. Agreed, it looks a little better than the sucks4, but still ??
Frankly I have driven only Indigo (few kms) and TDed ascent (i dont even remember my impression about it). my vote purely based on
1. Age of the car model : I wont even consider buying older ones as they will be eventually phased out and maintenance will be a problem for those like me who don't shop for a far every 3 years.
2. Maruti Service - best/or at least better than others in terms of availability, choice of service stations, costs.

As I feel above points are a must if I have to buy a car today (amongst these) and hence the vote - as others are not even in the short(est)list .
Old 27th March 2008, 00:12   #64
Senior - BHPian

Logan Station wagon and pick up. I dont think there is any hatch back version of Logan
Attached Thumbnails
SWIFT DZIRE v/s INDIGO v/s ACCENT v/s LOGAN,-kristofrider_1106177209_dacia_renault_logan_station.jpg  

SWIFT DZIRE v/s INDIGO v/s ACCENT v/s LOGAN,-14823bdren2007loganpicksz7.jpg  

Last edited by kpzen : 27th March 2008 at 00:21.
Old 27th March 2008, 00:24   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Logan Station wagon and pick up
Dacia Logan was launched in 2004.

Logan MCV was launched in 2006, while Pick-up came only in 2007. Also the station-wagon is based on the sedan as it is very much obvious from the picture. (they haven't even changed the tail-lights )
Old 27th March 2008, 00:27   #66
Senior - BHPian

Dezire 10000000000% sure.
Old 27th March 2008, 00:29   #67
BANNED

Check this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post773097
Old 27th March 2008, 00:30   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
i think the new car is the current fav.of team bhpians.
70% of janta have voted for dzire.
lets see how many of them buy this car.
Its not about being a new car. Tell me apart from the looks department what else is wrong about dezire ?
It clearly rocks the segment with their brilliant pricing. Kudos to maruti for that.
Its a great package. Perfect for a middle class family who wants a cheap sedan to commute.
Old 27th March 2008, 01:41   #69
Senior - BHPian

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Logan Station wagon and pick up. I dont think there is any hatch back version of Logan
The first pic is a photo shopped pic. Logan MCV is the 'station wagon' based on the Logan platform.
The first car on the Logan platform was the Logan sedan, then the MCV, then the Van, then the Hatchback and then the pickup.

Quote:
If you see the C-Pillar joint, you can make out the attached boot. Renault attached a boot to the sedan. In India, sedan was launched first.
Get your facts right bro! The Sandero hatch was launched much much after the Sedan!!

Attached pics of the MCV and the Sandero hatch:
Attached Thumbnails
SWIFT DZIRE v/s INDIGO v/s ACCENT v/s LOGAN,-loganm10.jpg  

SWIFT DZIRE v/s INDIGO v/s ACCENT v/s LOGAN,-loganm11.jpg  

SWIFT DZIRE v/s INDIGO v/s ACCENT v/s LOGAN,-sander10.jpg  

SWIFT DZIRE v/s INDIGO v/s ACCENT v/s LOGAN,-sander11.jpg  

Old 27th March 2008, 07:16   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dzire - if one needs a car for himself
Logan - if one needs to regularly carry more people
Indigo - for those who want an option cheaper than Logan or want better rear seat.
Accent - if one needs a pure aesthetic old style sedan. Dzire/Logan/Indigo have boot as an after thought.
Also boss, I haven't travelled in Logan cab, but in all the others I've been a rear seat passenger regularly (perks of being a consultant!).

Swift is Bad, Accent is utterly horrible. On a relaxed monday morning it brought out my nascent back pains.
Esteem wasn't much to write home about but is currently the best black/yellow cab option in delhi.
Indica/go are both very nice, with latter being almost on par with the NHC/Ikon comfort. NHC/Ikon are pretty much the best bet for someone who is chauffeur driven.

Or so my back says, yours may differ

And yeah, in NHC, my head touches the roof and i'm just 5'11. Ikon has been the best by far.
Old 27th March 2008, 09:02   #71
BANNED

It isn't fact or fiction, just practical analysis. Please see the joint where the boot is attached to the body in a Logan. Now try to find that joint in an Accent. You won't be able to spot because boot in Accent is part of the body !
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Get your facts right bro! The Sandero hatch was launched much much after the Sedan!!
Old 27th March 2008, 10:15   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
Agreed, it looks a little better than the sucks4, but still ??
Hey John, I think you can copyright that name. Or maybe make it sux4 Though neoranjit is not gonna like this joke.

Jokes apart, while I also did not like the SX4's looks, I came across some friends (non-tbhpians) who think the SX4 looks great and are planning to go for it just because of the looks. Hmm. Again, if you remember, tbhp-ians voted it as the best looker among the SX4 / Verna / Indigo / NHC / Aveo / Fiesta gang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
thinking of that. BTW, where are the baleno guys ?
Very much here voting for the Dzire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp
Tell me apart from the looks department what else is wrong about dezire ?
Not much wrong with the looks also, if one is OK with how the Swift looks. I can't wait to see how it looks in real.
Old 27th March 2008, 10:34   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

DZire,Its a VFM sedan for a small family but its got no space at back and suspension is not absorbent(not even close to a logan),engines are awesome and handling nice(but how many of buyers will enjoy it?).

Logan-rides well,got space but how can somebody buy a car with such cheap looks(even chinese can make better looking cars)

Accent-Very much outdated and only available with one thirsty engine,quality best in this poll,low speed ride is very good but bouncy at speed,space is decent.

Indigo- Crude engines,not so well put together,seats and space is plus point is good ride not as good as logan,most cars are defective.
Old 27th March 2008, 10:48   #74
BHPian

dzire - a winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcoolgadgets View Post
D'zire is way ahead of the competition:

1. New Generation engine which is A. More Silent and B. More Fuel Efficient than the competition (The 1.3 MultiJet Diesel won the 2005 Engine of the Year award in Europe, beating Honda, Toyota, Ford and VW). When was the last time in India that there was a 3 month waiting list for a specific engine? This fact speaks volumes about the engine.

2. Feature rich (some features like climate control and steering audio controls are only available in cars that cost Rs. 2 lakhs more)

3. Maruti has a way better Service Network than the competition.

4. Lower NVH levels than the competition

People who voted for the Dzire can add to the list.

I agree with you. It is a very attractive package. Looks, features, lineage, service network, and of course the price. Price was the final clincher for dzire.
Old 27th March 2008, 11:02   #75
BHPian

I have voted for Logan. I am on the lookout for a 1600cc car in the range of 5-6 lac and only logan fits the bill.

Most Viewed