accent 13 8.02%
indigo 17 10.49%
dzire 109 67.28%
logan 23 14.20%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2008, 09:43   #91
Senior - BHPian

Car purchase process invariably involves a lot of emotion. If it was a plain machine a person was buyig Logan would make sense due to its sound mechanicals. But sadly for Mahindra Renault, it is not the case and unless they cut the prices of the Logan Diesel it will not sell ( with the launch of the Desire) in the numbers it used to . MR will have to rely very heavily on the Taxi Cab segment which they initially wanted to avoid ( not launching the base variants in white) and here too the Indigo CS is a very attractive alternative.The company should also try to improve the astheics of the Logan. I saw a Logan with customised interiors including leather upholstery, alloys at koncept Auto Noida, and it looked a lot better than the stock Logan.
Old 30th March 2008, 19:55   #92
Senior - BHPian

Saw a testdrive Dzire yesterday in our small town in Kerala. It was a ZDi. The boot seemed to have loads of space. It was parked by the side of the road and was attracting quite some attention from passers-by.

Looks? Well, I am kind of confused. I loved the looks in the pictures, but in real, something seemed to be a bit off - not sure if it was the color (testdrive cars are white) and/or the stickers.
Old 30th March 2008, 21:00   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Looks? Well, I am kind of confused. I loved the looks in the pictures, but in real, something seemed to be a bit off - not sure if it was the color (testdrive cars are white) and/or the stickers.
Well I think you are the only one who liked it in the pics and didnt appreciate it in the flesh !!...Its the other way around for most of them ( Including me)
Old 29th April 2008, 17:59   #94
BHPian

A sedan's life in the Indian market is limited as compared to the life of hatchbacks, unless it comes from MUL or TATA.
Hence, comparing cars from the older generation (Indigo and Accent) to the newer ones (Dezire and Logan) is unfair.
for these reasons, I think Dezire will eventually win, followed by Indigo.
p.s. I personally find the looks of logan the worst (looks do matter in this segment).
Old 29th April 2008, 18:27   #95
Senior - BHPian

Not sure why the Ikon Flair was not added to the list. It is also one of the entry-level sedans like the 4 cars in the fray.
Old 30th April 2008, 11:28   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Not sure why the Ikon Flair was not added to the list. It is also one of the entry-level sedans like the 4 cars in the fray.

actually i wasnt sure whether ford ikon should have been added or not,(with respect to its sales.does it still sells??).
Old 30th April 2008, 11:55   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
actually i wasnt sure whether ford ikon should have been added or not,(with respect to its sales.does it still sells??).
Yes, it is still availabe to buyers.

However, sales figures are nowhere close to the competition. For example, the Ikon sold 871 units over the last quarter, whereas its own stable mate, the fiesta sold 5486 units.

The Indigo did 11250, Logan 8145 and Accent 3001.

Source: Table posted in another thread. (by Pulsar**)
Old 30th April 2008, 12:04   #98
BANNED

The best bet would be the Indigo and CS.

Swift Dezire looks awful guys, how could the rear be designed that way, its totally out of sync with the front.

Anyways i am not going to pay so much for a cramped car with an extra dicky.

Dezire is far behind in comparision in space and comfort as with Indigo.
Old 30th April 2008, 12:18   #99
BHPian

On the looks front Dezire looks pretty bad. With Indigo, its just that people have got used to the looks. Remember when it was launched it looked awful just like the Desire it was an Indica with a funny looking boot stuck at the back.

On rear seat comfort Dezire can seat only 2. The 3rd person will be very uncomfortable given the design of the seat mould. On boot space Dezire is average not good by any standards.

Among the list I would select a Logan. Great on space, good VFM
People who criticize Logan for its looks
take a look at these 2 pics.
and think again ???
Logan Front
http://i27.servimg.com/u/f27/11/91/32/65/logan_13.jpg

Logan Rear
http://i27.servimg.com/u/f27/11/91/32/65/logan_12.jpg
Old 30th April 2008, 12:29   #100
Senior - BHPian

Indigo or accent..

dzire...doesnt have desirable looks

logan... practical but vanilla jargon
Old 30th April 2008, 12:37   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
Yes, it is still availabe to buyers.

However, sales figures are nowhere close to the competition. For example, the Ikon sold 871 units over the last quarter, whereas its own stable mate, the fiesta sold 5486 units.

The Indigo did 11250, Logan 8145 and Accent 3001.

Source: Table posted in another thread. (by Pulsar**)

that was the reason i didnot added ford ikon to list.
Old 30th April 2008, 13:10   #102
Senior - BHPian

I personally dont like any of the cars in the poll. They're all bad, and the leader of the pack being the Dzire. It looks so damn weird, roundish from the front and boxy from the rear. C'mon Suzuki, give us a break from your sick designs. First the SX4 and now this, wonder whats next.
No offence to the car owners here, its just a personal opinion.

X
Old 30th April 2008, 13:44   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
and Logan looks beautiful ?????
Yes it does..remember beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
If you see the C-Pillar joint, you can make out the attached boot. Renault attached a boot to the sedan. In India, sedan was launched first.
Boss, Sorry I cant make out the attached boot to a sedan..BTW..what do you mean by that..A sedan is a car with a boot..how can one attach a boot to a car already with a boot??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Car purchase process invariably involves a lot of emotion. If it was a plain machine a person was buyig Logan would make sense due toits sound mechanicals. But sadly for Mahindra Renault, it is not the case and unless they cut the prices of the Logan Diesel it will not sell. The company should also try to improve the astheics of the Logan. I saw a Logan with customised interiors including leather upholstery, alloys and it looked a lot better than the stock Logan.
Yup, a Logan with nice wheels and better interiors [maybe stanley works] etc would be a better looker too. Imagine 205/60 R 14 or so with 3 spoke alloys and a rear spoiler etc..

IMO, it is the only car this side of 9 lakhs that offers you more information about your driving efforts!

Have driven the diesel logan and found the power delivery very linear, The steering was well weighted and the feedback good. The drive was brief and could not cross 80kph. Found the suspension much better than the accent, indigo or any other contender. There is also as much space as an Indigo and the rear is comfortable too.

The only downside is that the keyhole is above the door handle. But there are always enough crazy ways to identify vehicles with..

Am seriously considering one..and am waiting for the Mahindra - Renault union to settle down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Machine View Post
I personally dont like any of the cars in the poll. They're all bad, and the leader of the pack being the Dzire. It looks so damn weird, roundish from the front and boxy from the rear. C'mon Suzuki, give us a break from your sick designs. First the SX4 and now this, wonder whats next.
No offence to the car owners here, its just a personal opinion.

X

Suzuki has outsourced its design!
Old 30th April 2008, 15:37   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Yes it does..remember beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder!
Nope. For us "Beauty lies in the yes of the beer holder!!"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks