Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2014, 10:34   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: How do I dispose a 7 year old, outside state registered M-800

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
I own a red Karnataka registered M800 for the last seven years.......

My question is how do I get rid of this car?
I think its not worth to take NOC and re register this old car in PB as the value for RE vehicle may be less. Better, put it in classifieds and find a buyer from Bangalore itself.

Btw, if you can post or PM me more details, I can share it with few guys here in Bangalore and see if anyone interested.
Old 2nd September 2014, 10:45   #32
Senior - BHPian

My suggestion may sound absurd but you can put an advt saying that you will give nice discount to any Bangy resident who is looking for a budget car in Punjab or Chandigarh.
With Air Force and IT in Chandigarh, you have better chances there.

Raab rakha.
Old 2nd September 2014, 10:46   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

On a different note, drive it to Bangalore and enjoy your last associations with an Epic car that transformed the Indian car industry. And in the end sell it in Bangalore where you will get a much higher price for it which will offset the cost of your whole trip easily and probably still leave you with excess money as compared to selling it off in Punjab.

That is indeed one of the ideas I am toying with. It is a matter of personal will really. I have made atleast 4-5 1000 kms (forced)round trip in the car. But as was then, I shudder to think of being behind the steering of a car with just 4 gears. And this will be 2500 km, no less. Hence I was thinking if there are cleverer ways of going round this.
Old 2nd September 2014, 11:49   #34
Senior - BHPian

Driving down to Bangalore or specially coming to Bangalore are not economically viable option to dispose car like 800. In this case you can contact some of your friends to find a agent in RTO who will work on your behalf to get the NOC. But for handling that agent you need local contact who will handover him original papers of car for obtaining NOC.

This option could be much cheaper than coming or driving down to Bangalore.

The other option would be to send car back to Bangalore through trailers of Hyundai/Toyota to Bangalore. These trailers take new cars from factory and delivers all over India. Hyundai has factory in Chennai wheres as Toyota has factory in Bangalore. They will be more than happy to bring back this car to Bangalore as they will earn some money. You can negotiate best price. They usually come back empty.
Old 2nd September 2014, 12:06   #35
Senior - BHPian

Speak to the Hyundai / Toyota (?) truck transporters . Hyundai is based in chennai so some of their truckers may be heading back with empty trucks via BLR. They can drop your car in BLR quite cheaply. Thereafter a friend can sell it off to true value with your authorization, if you know someone trusted there.
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 13:26   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

In case of obtaining a NOC , RTO's may some times ask to bring your vehicle. In that case there is no point taking this process. If they give the NOC without seeing the car then after getting the NOC you need to collect the invoice of the car. That will calculate the road tax of your car. Then after paying the road tax you will get the UP, RC book + registration. In this process you will spend around 20k.

Now you have few option's-
1) Put an add in Olx or some other sites mentioning Karnataka buyers only. You can give a discount around 10-15k. So if any one from Karnataka is interested they can pick the car from your place and take it back at there own cost.

2) Putting the car in a truck and sending to karnataka will cost you around 15k and driving to Karnataka will cost you around 12k worth fuel + night stay charges + food charges + it will take your precious time. The cost will go upto the same if you transfer by truck. Plus risk factor is more in driving. So truck is a better choice to transfer the car, unless you want to enjoy a road trip.

So my suggestion is find a buyer in Bangalore and sale it off.

3) Lastly you can talk to true value at your place as they do buy out station cars and send them to there original places. My friend exchanged his Chennai registered swift to pick up an Ertiga at Delhi. They gave around 20k less than the actual resale value and it was totally hassle free.
Like wise you can try at other places like Mahindra first choice etc etc.

Last edited by Samba : 2nd September 2014 at 13:27.
Samba is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 13:54   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
I own a red Karnataka registered M800 for the last seven years. It was purchased in Bangalore, but is with me in my home town Jalandhar, for the past 5 years.
Bangalore has insane prices for used cars. Just check for the online ads for similar model car in Bangalore and you will see the difference. If you have some friends in Bangalore, who can be bothered a bit, you can send over the car via Hyundai trailers. Selling it here won't be a hassle at all.

IMO transferring the registration via KA NOC would be more tedious.
Old 2nd September 2014, 17:34   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

The transportation charges for Punjab to Bangalore in these trailers will also be close to 20k I am guessing. Way back in 2004 we were charged 10k for a Santro from Ambala to Bangalore. That will be way less than the total amount spent on fuel ( petrol) for the 2500 km trip. Infact the whole trip should cost you around 20k for the journey including stay overs. Its all a matter of choice.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 08:55   #39
Senior - BHPian

Used car prices in North is way less than that of Karnataka. If you sell an outside registration vehicle, then it will not be worth. I suggest you to drive it down to Bangalore and sell at a better price and enjoy the drive.
Old 4th September 2014, 11:47   #40
BHPian

How about dismantling and selling as parts? that is how many fiat palio owners are doing.
sugathan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 17:21   #41
BHPian

Have you tried Mahindra First Choice? Last year I wanted to sell my Bhopal registered Santro in Mumbai and they bought it. Of course Bhopal is much closer to Mumbai that Jalandhar is from Bangalore but I think you should try if you haven't already
Old 6th September 2014, 12:18   #42
BHPian

Re: Where should I sell the car: State of Registration or Current State?

I am in a similar situation. My dad passed away 2 yrs ago and he had an alto registered in Shimla. I am based in Bangalore and brought the Alto down here as there was no one to take care of the car and I did not want it to be misused, even though its quite old (12 yrs). I tried to get the NOC done, but the Shimla RTO wanted some inheritance related papers that I did not have at the time.

To get the registration changed and sell it is the ideal thing - but would involve a lot of time and headaches - and also money to travel to get the paper work done. It really depends if you have the time and patience to do this.

I am considering to sell the car as scrap in a year or two when it's run it's course - it will be the safest way to get rid of the car for me (as I don't want it to be misused). I will probably get some money for the scrap.
Old 6th September 2014, 12:22   #43
BHPian

Also, no 2nd hand outlets will buy an out of state car, unless they're going to make a lot of money off it - with an 800/ Alto they won't. I believe they also have a limit to the age of the car they buy - under 5 years I think.
Old 6th September 2014, 13:23   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderluster View Post
I am in a similar situation. My dad passed away 2 yrs ago and he had an alto registered in Shimla. I am based in Bangalore and brought the Alto down here as there was no one to take care of the car and I did not want it to be misused, even though its quite old (12 yrs). I tried to get the NOC done, but the Shimla RTO wanted some inheritance related papers that I did not have at the time. .
Try Mahindra First Choice, I sold my Delhi registered Wagon R to them in Mumbai. They said they would transport it to Delhi and sell it there since they have a lot of vehicle movement to the North
Old 6th September 2014, 21:31   #45
BHPian

If the car is too old then better to just keep driving it (as a backup car) and eventually get rid of it as scrap.

Most Viewed