Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2014, 10:20   #46
BHPian

Re: Where should I sell the car: State of Registration or Current State?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
If the car is too old then better to just keep driving it (as a backup car) and eventually get rid of it as scrap.
Agree with the comment. Not worth taking so much trouble just for disposing of a much old car.

Else dispose of it at the present location. You will get less value, though.
Old 15th September 2014, 13:04   #47
BHPian

Complicated Car Registration Question

Our family has a M800 registered in Karimnagar in 1998. We currently stay in Hyderabad. Last year, it's registration expired, but that doesn't matter because we don't use it.

Now, we're planning to get rid of the car but not sure where to get started. The car condition's decent, but we don't need a car. We absolutely want to transfer the car to the buyer's name.

Do we have to go to Karimnagar, renew the registration, get an NOC for Hyderabad, and then find a buyer (nightmare!)? Does one have to take the car physically for renewal of registration?

We don't know many people from Karimnagar anymore as we moved out a long time ago.

EDIT: Telangana Transport Website shows the STATUS for the registration as "ACTIVE". Does that mean the registration is still valid and not expired?

Last edited by hellmet : 15th September 2014 at 13:06.
hellmet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 13:13   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Complicated Car Registration Question

@Hellmet,
logically - yes.

even if registration has expired, it is still with Karimnagar RTO. You will need to renew it there first before doing anything further -including NOC.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 13:18   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Our family has a M800 registered in Karimnagar in 1998. We currently stay in Hyderabad. Last year, it's registration expired, but that doesn't matter because we don't use it.

Now, we're planning to get rid of the car but not sure where to get started. The car condition's decent, but we don't need a car. We absolutely want to transfer the car to the buyer's name.

Do we have to go to Karimnagar, renew the registration, get an NOC for Hyderabad, and then find a buyer (nightmare!)? Does one have to take the car physically for renewal of registration?

We don't know many people from Karimnagar anymore as we moved out a long time ago.

EDIT: Telangana Transport Website shows the STATUS for the registration as "ACTIVE". Does that mean the registration is still valid and not expired?
The car needs to be physically present there, for renewal of registration/issuing a new fitness certificate.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 13:54   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Probably yes, since registartion renewal hapens at the issuing RTO only. Suggest you to get hold of a reliable agent at Hyderabad RTO and complete the registration formalities and NOC formalities through the agent itself. This will cost you but will save your trip to issuing RTO if pressed for time. Once NOC is obtained then you can sell the car.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 17:38   #51
BHPian

Re: How to dispose off my rarely-used Apache RTR 160?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samartha View Post
Please excuse the curiously-named title and read on to understand why I chose it.
Your advice is greatly appreciated.
I know its been a while, but I'm curious, what did you finally do?
Old 21st September 2020, 02:34   #52
BHPian

Re: How to dispose off my rarely-used Apache RTR 160?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
I know its been a while, but I'm curious, what did you finally do?
The bike is still lying in my spare parking slot. Couldn't do anything with it. Probably, will find some time soon and get it scrapped.
Old 2nd July 2023, 14:28   #53
i10
BHPian

15 year mark and a "remote" dilemma

The portal says I am logging in after almost 8 years! That's because I moved abroad and lost touch with the Indian car scene.

I am hoping this group can help me with some advice and pointers on how to handle my 15 year old i10, which has been "at rest" for 7.5 years. The car was registered in TN, but driven in NCR for 6 years. My NCR landlord tells me the car exists and has caught some dust, but is otherwise looking clean.

It's unlikely I will return to the country soon, so I wanted to check what my options with this (sparingly driven) car are:

1. Can this be sold in NCR itself with a TN plate?
2. If not, what is the process to sell this for a decent price?
3. Are there other suggestions beyond selling, since I won't be using it?

To spice things up a bit, this was bought using an SBI loan taken in Chennai, and I never went to Chennai to formally "close" it after all payments were completed in 2012. Yea, did many good things over the years!

Last edited by i10 : 2nd July 2023 at 14:33.
Old 3rd July 2023, 14:31   #54
BHPian

Re: 15 year mark and a "remote" dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by i10 View Post

1. Can this be sold in NCR itself with a TN plate?
2. If not, what is the process to sell this for a decent price?
3. Are there other suggestions beyond selling, since I won't be using it?

To spice things up a bit, this was bought using an SBI loan taken in Chennai, and I never went to Chennai to formally "close" it after all payments were completed in 2012. Yea, did many good things over the years!
Well for a sale to happen in NCR you would need to give an NOC for fresh registration in NCR which would have to be obtained from the TN RTO

For obtaining of the NOC you would also need a consent letter from your financier assuming that the car is still under financing otherwise you can get an hypothecation removal form from the financier.

You can try to utilise the services of some agents who can get it done. Further the car has to be within the rule of 15 years for petrol and 10 years for diesel for it to get registered in NCR.
Luke1972 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 02:52   #55
i10
BHPian

Re: 15 year mark and a "remote" dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke1972 View Post
You can try to utilize the services of some agents who can get it done. Further the car has to be within the rule of 15 years for petrol and 10 years for diesel for it to get registered in NCR.
Thanks! Are there registered agents for things like these, or is this a case of asking around?

If I read this right, my best bet appears to be to arrange to have the car transported from NCR back to Chennai, and arrange for a sale there. Is that so?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks