Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2014, 17:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: How to dispose off my rarely-used Apache RTR 160?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samartha View Post
As it stands, the bike has been parked in the courtyard for over a year. It's not in a rideworthy state. To get it to such a state, at the least, I will need to buy a new pair of tyres and a fresh battery.
In that case approach a few FNG and see whether anyone is willing to buy the bike on as-is where-is basis.

Otherwise it would be wise to let it rot in your house. At least you would have peace of mind that the bike would not be used for any such purpose which can land you in trouble in the future.
Old 23rd May 2014, 17:28   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
Hey Samartha,

If you still have friends back in Chennai, the best option would be to try selling them in Chennail itself.

It would probably save a lot of trouble in getting the NOC and transferring it to your name in Noida before disposing off to a third party.

I think trying to sell it in Chennai itself would be the best bet.

Best,
r-six
This option will not work for Samartha because he has already taken NOC from Chennai which has expired. If not, it was a cake walk by selling it to some one in Chennai. When you take NOC from RTO, it means that the RTO has No Objection in transferring the vehicle to new RTO of other state and till the time you do that ( validity of NOC is 1 year), you are driving a orphan vehicle. (your registration number still remains there but RTO is no more responsible as you have gone out of their jurisdiction by seeking NOC)
This has happened to me with my car and I had to get the NOC cancelled again through help of agent and have it in records of old RTO.
Mistake we do is, we take NOC and then sit upon it without transferring it to another RTO ASAP.
In your case Samartha, you need to do the following
a) Send the bike back to Chennai
b) Get hold of a good agent, take the old NOC with you, furnish a declaration that you couldn't do the registration transfer for some reason and now you want to register it back again.
c) Once this is done, you can sell it to some one in Chennai.

I have gone through the same and its time consuming and tedious. What we also do not know here is that Insurance company can reject insurance claim if the NOC has expired and your car is not registered in new RTO.
Moral : Think before you take NOC for your vehicle and once done, transfer it ASAP.
Old 23rd May 2014, 23:12   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post

Otherwise it would be wise to let it rot in your house. At least you would have peace of mind that the bike would not be used for any such purpose which can land you in trouble in the future.
That would be a very painful sight for auto-heads like us to see a good vehicle go to dust.

OP can rather incrementally get the bike repaired and use it at least for running short errands which don't demand a car.
Old 24th May 2014, 00:28   #19
Senior - BHPian

Re: Where should I sell the car: State of Registration or Current State?

I would recommend sending it back to Chennai. TVS bikes command a good value in South & you should get decent resale if sold to a bikes dealer in as is condition. If possible find about a dealer via friend, talk to him & explain the condition of the bike. If the price looks fine to you then go ahead.
Old 24th May 2014, 08:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
This has happened to me with my car and I had to get the NOC cancelled again through help of agent and have it in records of old RTO.
Mistake we do is, we take NOC and then sit upon it without transferring it to another RTO ASAP.

I have gone through the same and its time consuming and tedious.
I'm in a similar situation - got NOC for my Honda Unicorn but didn't register it in new place till it expired. This was ages ago. What is the cost involved in getting a non-utilization certificate for the NOC?
Old 24th May 2014, 11:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samartha View Post
That's the dilemma. Should I spend money on repairing the bike, and then transportation cost all the way to Chennai, just to fetch the 20k sale price in the end, or simply sell off the parts that I legally can and cut my losses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
That would be a very painful sight for auto-heads like us to see a good vehicle go to dust.
OP can rather incrementally get the bike repaired and use it at least for running short errands which don't demand a car.
Using the bike is one of the best option but I thought he did not have the opportunity to use the bike himself and as a result of the same the bike is not in a usable stage. Also I felt that he is not willing to spend the amount in repairs and transportation to Chennai.

If all these are considered he does not have much option left.
Old 24th May 2014, 11:57   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post

If all these are considered he does not have much option left.
Maybe the engine can be sold to college kids looking for a motor for their projects.

The rest of the parts I don't know.

Regards,
BL
Old 24th May 2014, 14:32   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
Maybe the engine can be sold to college kids looking for a motor for their projects.

The rest of the parts I don't know.

Regards,
BL
That option was already given; to approach the FNG (friendly neighborhood garage).
Old 24th May 2014, 15:28   #24
BHPian

Sell it in Delhi.
You could save a lot of money on RC change to Mumbai.
Put the car on the Cargo train and sell it in Delhi.
Simple and straight.
Old 27th May 2014, 14:54   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
I'm in a similar situation - got NOC for my Honda Unicorn but didn't register it in new place till it expired. This was ages ago. What is the cost involved in getting a non-utilization certificate for the NOC?
I was charged approx 3k INR for the entire activity of cancelling the NOC, showing the car at RTO and having it registered in book of records.
I am not really sure what actually cost should be but since we knew the agent since years, we paid him the money and waited, waited, waited, reminded, waited, reminded, waited and finally got it done
Cooltronics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2014, 15:29   #26
BHPian

Found this link today on the net (mentions services of Lesconcierges). You can clearly see a topic called "Cancellation of NOC" and documents required thereof along with their charges.
http://www.lesconcierges.co.in/online/pdf/RTO.pdf
Old 1st September 2014, 21:27   #27
Senior - BHPian

How do I dispose a 7 year old, outside state registered M-800

I own a red Karnataka registered M800 for the last seven years. It was purchased in Bangalore, but is with me in my home town Jalandhar, for the past 5 years.

The car in question has no problems per se and infact rides very well. But in this day and age, it feels agrarian and I want to upgrade to a better car. The problem is that it is KA registered and no one in PB wants to buy it. Neither any dealer is willing to take it at as part of an exchange offer.

My question is how do I get rid of this car? I can only think of transporting or driving it down to Bangalore and selling it there. But in the process I would spend at least 30 k to sell it. I am sure there are many out of state cars around the country. How are these cars sold?
rrsteer is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 21:30   #28
Senior - BHPian

Re: How do I dispose a 7 year old, outside state registered M-800

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
How are these cars sold?
Obtain an NOC from KA , and transfer registration to PB. Once done, sell it.
It will probably take a trip or two down to Bangalore, unless you have friends there who can help take care of this business.
Old 1st September 2014, 21:38   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
I own a red Karnataka registered M800 for the last seven years. It was purchased in Bangalore, but is with me in my home town Jalandhar, for the past 5 years. The problem is that it is KA registered and no one in PB wants to buy it. Neither any dealer is willing to take it at as part of an exchange offer.

My question is how do I get rid of this car? How are these cars sold?
Very simple, As Joy said, obtain a NOC from Karnataka. Then transfer of registration is just your personal call. This car can be sold with an NOC to rural areas of Western U.P like Bareilly, Pilibhit etc. Over there if you can strike a good deal and show him NOC too (just to be safe), you will get a good price.

In any other city if you try then there will be problem. So take your call accordingly.

Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 22:22   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

I would say if you look carefully, you might end up finding a buyer. I have seen many outstation cars being sold in Delhi. The catch is that the asking price is usually lower than the market price in order to compensate the buyer for the hassle of getting the NOC etc.

On a different note, drive it to Bangalore and enjoy your last associations with an Epic car that transformed the Indian car industry. And in the end sell it in Bangalore where you will get a much higher price for it which will offset the cost of your whole trip easily and probably still leave you with excess money as compared to selling it off in Punjab.
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks