Team-BHP - When will Innova be Phased Out like Quallis
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   When will Innova be Phased Out like Quallis (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/37634-when-will-innova-phased-out-like-quallis.html)

As you might be knowing innova became more a taxi care just as how quallis is .

Toyota Slowly phased out Quallis and introduced Innova.

When will Innova be phased out and what will replace it ?

The current-gen Innova can safely be expected to have *atleast* a 6 year life-cycle. Thus, I dont think its going to be phased out anytime soon. The case with the Qualis was different; it was outdated at the time of launch unlike the Innova which can still be termed as contemporary.

The Innova & Qualis are pretty much in the same segment, and ultimately one of them had to go, if not Toyota would be fighting against itself for market share... the options to let the Qualis go was right was the simple fact that it was dated and did not have much in comforts to be offered when compared with the Innova.

Also if there is an upper class market for such MPVs in today's Indian market, then Toyota would be wise to introduce their larger MPV - the Previa into the local arena.

Forget the question of outdated model. Innova does not have a decent competition in its class.

Only if & when there is a competition Toyota might have to think about it. There is no point in cannibalising a cash cow like innova.
cheers:

Why would someone wanna Phase Innova. Its a great MUV. I dont think it will be phased out anytime before ~2012

Culling the Innova will result in Toyota killing its only source of revenue in India - considering its other models dont seem to be adding too much to its revenues. So, its unlikely to happen until Toyota introduces another bread-earner for themselves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eclectix 1st (Post 777282)
Forget the question of outdated model. Innova does not have a decent competition in its class.

Only if & when there is a competition Toyota might have to think about it. There is no point in cannibalising a cash cow like innova.
cheers:

The new Sumo Grande may take a bite out of Innova's sandwich. Not that it can compete in terms of quality but the Tour and Travel people will opt for Sumo Grande's low initial cost. Chevrolet Tavera may answer with a new model as well. Mahindra's Ingenio will also be on the market soon.

We indians are very hard to satisfy.

I know people were unhappy that cars like the OHC, accord and qualis were phased out. Mainly because the re-sale value would take a hit.

On the other hand, I can't stand what skoda has done with the octavia and other similar cars like the ikon, accent etc.

What should manufacturers do? Have a vote? ;)

As GTO has pointed out rightly, Qualis was an outdated model while it
was launched in India. So it had to be phased out Soon. I dont think its the
same case with the Innova. Innova is a brilliant MUV , cant understand why
Toyota is taking its own sweet time to give it a minor facelift atleast.
Innova will have competition directly with Tata Crossover which might be launched 2009-10. So thats some more time. But Tata still has to improve
its overall build quality to compete with Innova directly. Innova should be
in the market for atleast 2-3 years.

Since Innova was launched in 2005 (and was a new model then), do not expect a new model to replace it at before 2010 (most likely 2011-12). Innova sales have been steadily growing with new launches hardly making a permanent dent in its sales.

Guys,

As per a reliable source for information, Qualis was phased because of its dyes (moulds) were about to be 20years old and replacing them would have been costly, hence the decision to go for new model which was Innova.

I dont think Innova would be replaced like Qualis. Best we can hope for is an upgrade.

When Qualis was being phased out we thought it's going to hard for Toyota to match such a winner.
Now with the Innova its going to be twice as hard for Toyota so i guess they will take their own sweet time to come up with another winner.
Until then the Innova has some more time in production.

Innova will not be phased out as it is manufactured only in 8 countries and marketed to 45 other countries worldwide. This is the new concept which was developed by Japanese. Innova has around 12 variants throughout world. If one model is phased out, the other model with new look will take over but on the same platform.

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 777587)
Innova will not be phased out as it is manufactured only in 8 countries and marketed to 45 other countries worldwide. This is the new concept which was developed by Japanese. Innova has around 12 variants throughout world. If one model is phased out, the other model with new look will take over but on the same platform.

i agree with you on that.. .. and i am sure it will be here until 2012 easily. but with minor face lifting done.

I think the Innova will not be phased out any time soon. It commands a considerable market share both as in for commercial use(as a tourist vehicle) as well as for personal use. And IMO it hardly has any competition from Tavera. One interesting fact shared by a bhpain during our meet was; the cost of producing an Innova is less than the cost of producing a Qualis, though Innova is costlier than Qualis.