Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2010, 21:45   #31
BANNED

Folks,

On the topic of transfers, I'm getting a vehicle currently registered in Ambala (Haryana). The owner wants to retain the number (VIP no !!) and says that he'll get me a new Haryana (Gurgaon) number. The expenses for the new number etc would be borne by him but the transfer of ownership would be my responsibility. My question is - what are the things/ formalities to look out for, in terms of forms, fees, etc. Would appreciate the vintage to chip in and help..

Cheers !
Old 29th June 2010, 22:46   #32
Senior - BHPian

Transfer of bike from Mysore to Pune (Pimpri RTO)

This might help a few people. I brought my bike from Mysore to Pune and am in the process of re-registering it myself as the agents quote such crazy prices, you feel like blowing their head off..!

I had already been using my bike (2005 Pulsar 150 Dtsi) in Nashik for 8-9 months without any problems. I did not have an NOC, didn't pay tax.. nothing. The cops there were least bothered. Came to Pune and the situation changed. The cops are actually on the lookout for other state vehicles.

My parents arranged for the NOC through an agent in Mysore. He got it in 1 day but charged 1000 bucks. The bright side is my parents didn't have to run around.

Since the area i stay in at Pune comes under the Pimpri RTO i had to get my NOC transferred to RTO Pimpri. Called up a few driving schools and spoke to some agents in front of the RTO. Most of them told me it will cost 7-8k. One guy wen to the extent of saying 12k. When i asked for the breakup he tells me to pay for the advice given so far(which forms to fill etc..)!!

Went up to the RTO myself. Room no 8 deals with NOC and transfer. On the door there is a list of documents that are required, namely;
1)Original RC book
2)Insurance copy
3)Original NOC (Both copies)
4)PUC
5)Octroi receipt
6)Entry tax receipt (If the vehicle is less than 30 months old)
7)Form. No 26,27, 20,33,Form FT (All these forms are available for download from any of the RTO sites. The forms are common for all RTO's)
RTO Forms
8)Address proof
9)RMA forms - Letter to commisioner of Police - 2 copies, Letter to NOC issuing RTO - 2 copies, NCRB letter - 2 copies, 3 submission forms
(The above forms are available at a xerox centre in the RTO building - ask any of the xerox centres for RMA forms, they will guide you)
10)Indemnity clause stating the vehicle is not stolen by the registered owner. (Any notary will do it. I got it in front of the RTO. Had to pay Rs.250!)

There is a person by the name of Kadam at the Pimpri RTO (Room 8). He was very helpful and actually told me what to do at every stage.

Once all documents are in place, one of the submission forms will be signed by this Mr.Kadam and you have to get it signed by the RTO officer (In the same office, so no problem)

After the RTO Officer signs this, you can pay the tax in room 4. There is a lady there who will ask for your bike invoice. I did not have mine. They will make a fuss saying they need an invoice to calculate tax,etc etc. They have a book there with the value of all bikes for different year, so its not a problem. The RTO's do not use insurance value. Their depreciation scale is all crap. My insured value is 30000, but according to their calculation the value is aroung 43500! (76.5% of original value). So i had to pay tax(7%) on 43500. Worked out to Rs.3170. Some additional tax of around Rs.120 is also added. Registration fees is Rs.180.

To make the payment you have to go to room 7. Registeration fees is paid in one counter and tax in another.

Take back your documents along with the payment receipts to room 8. Some of the forms will be signed and stamped, after which i was sent to room 3 to get an 'Out number'. This number is entered on all the RMA forms. - I am at this stage!

Steps remaining for me : I have been given back all my documents. I have to present one of the copies of the "letter to Police commisioner" at his office, to which i will get another letter in reply which has to be given back to the RTO.
One of "the letter to the NOC issuing authority" has to be sent by RPAD. This receipt should also be given back to the RTO along with all the documents.

Then you have to wait for a period of 45 days to see if the NOC issuing authority replies to the letter that was sent to them. They will reply only if there is a problem. If after 45 days, no reply is received all is OK..!

I guess then i will get my number. Will update as and when i reach the next stage..!

All in all, the experience is nice but not at all worth it ! The amount of running around is terrible. No wonder there are so many RTO agents...

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 29th June 2010 at 22:50.
Old 30th June 2010, 22:15   #33
Senior - BHPian

Guys nice that I hit upon this thread.
I have a doubt on the trasnfering with reference to the BS4 norms.
If I buy a vehicle from my relative in Mysore and get that to Chennai. 4 year old, surely must be either BS3 or BS2.

While I try to register it in Chennai RTO will these guys say that they will only register BS4 vehicles or does this rule not apply to the old vehicles at all.
some advise would really help.
Old 30th June 2010, 23:39   #34
Senior - BHPian

The BS4 rule is only for new vehicles.. Not a problem for transfer of ownership of old vehicles...
Old 6th July 2010, 22:58   #35
Senior - BHPian

I want to transfer my Delhi registered car( Accent Viva) to Maharashtra(Nagpur).On inquiring, found out that the tax to be paid here(Nagpur) will be 7% of Original Invoice value(7.68 lacs something).The car is 5 years old, i wanna know whether the tax to be paid will be 7% of actual value/insured value or Invoice value.Agents here say that it will be based on invoice value, in that case it is simply ridiculous, Guys any ideas how it goes here in Maharashtra.

Last edited by agspins : 6th July 2010 at 23:00.
Old 7th July 2010, 00:25   #36
Senior - BHPian

The RTO has their own depreciation scale. My 5 year old bike was valued at 76% of its original invoice value as per this scale, so i guess you can assume the same for your car. The tax will be 7% of this depreciated value.
Old 6th February 2011, 16:51   #37
BHPian

Re: Transfering a vehicle within India: Procedures

Hello Friends,

I am planning to register my car from Hyderabad to Pune.Can someone please let me know what is the procedure involved if my car still has an existing Car loan running on it?

For how long can i use the car in a new state without paying road tax?
Old 15th July 2011, 18:13   #38
BHPian

One of my close friend who stays in my hometown(guwahati) was looking for yamaha rx 135 5speed for quite some but could not find a clean one there, so he has asked me to search for 5speeds here in bangalore.

Now my query is, if I find a good one here...is it necessary to transfer the bike in my friend's name first + NOC and then send it by train or can I send it without transferring to his name, with all the documents + NOC.

Anyone having similar experience or having knowledge on this, plz throw some light on it
Old 16th July 2011, 19:25   #39
BHPian

Note from Team-BHP Support : We do NOT permit bumping up your own query. Such posts are classified as SPAM. Please do NOT inconvenience other users by bumping up your own posts.

Last edited by GTO : 1st August 2011 at 13:18.
ravi_23 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th August 2011, 12:51   #40
BHPian

Hi guys,

A friend of mine is onsite for a long time and his car (alto) is lying around at his garage in kolkata. I have moved to bangalore in the meanwhile and need to buy a car soon. He suggested to me yesterday that I can use his car. Please let me know the modalities. How can I bring the car to bangalore and drive here legally?
Old 24th August 2011, 09:47   #41
Senior - BHPian

I want to know if I buy a used car from another city of same state.

For example, I am in Gurgaon (HR 26) and if I buy a used car from Karnal or Ambala (HR 05, HR 01), what is the process to get it transferred in my name.
Old 12th February 2012, 19:25   #42
BHPian

Registration From "delhi To Punjab"

Hello Everyone,
The Purchase Of My Dream Wheeler Is On Fine Line. The Land cruiser Hzj80 Is The Vehicle I Am Going To Discuss.
After A Long Time Wait And Pain My Patience Is At Border Line.
I Live Abroad Hence This Purchase Credit Will Go To My Fella Bhp-Ians, Who May Help Me In This Course.
The 80 Is Currently Present In Punjab, At One Of My Friends (Dealer) Premises. He Got It Part Exchanged From Someone Known And Is Being Offered To Me As I Had Requested Him For This Particular Beast In Past. I Am Very Excited And Eager To Own It When I Land In April.
Now The Facts About Authenticity Are Bit Faded To Me.
The Car Carry’s Delhi Registration, The Vehicle Is 1994 Manufactured But Seems To Be Imported In 2002 As "RC" States By Someone In Delhi.
So It Shall Expire In 2017. RC Itself Is One Page Document And I See Two Other Punjab Owners Endorsed At The Back In Punjab Itself.
What Shall I Take From This? The seller Don't Seems To Be Bothered About The NOC Etc... And Wouldn't Care If It Sells Or Not, As For Him It Is Totally Legal And Stress Free. I Understand Unlike In UK There Are 2 Facets Of Law In India, One To Read And The Other To Follow. But I Want To Go By Book.

So Can Someone Please Suggest The Facts Of Using Delhi Registered Cars In Punjab By Just the Endorsement of The New Owner From Punjab RTO. I Mean Is This A Legal Option? OR JUST A HIDE AND SEEK FROM LAW?, I Refer To Insurance Claims And Other Problems That May Occur During Unforeseen Situation.
I Understand The Complete Transfer Means Getting The NOC From Delhi And Pay 2% Tax At Punjab RTO And All The Required Docs Etc And Getting The New Punjab Plate.
Now Shall I Just Ask Him To Transfer The Ownership To My Name As Other Have Done In Past While Keeping The Delhi Plate, And Later I Sort The NOC And Further Formalities. I Understand The Last Option Too Is Risky, Incase The Vehicle Already Has A Dodgy History And I End Up Wasting My Time Without NOC. I really want this vehicle but in a legal way. I don't know if myself later as an endorsed owner will legally be able to apply for NOC.
Any assistance will be priceless, thank you in advance.

................"HAZAARON KHWAISHEIN AISI KE HAR KHWAHISH PE DAM NIKLE"......I WISH I WAS NEVER BORN............................
Attached Thumbnails
Transfering a vehicle within India: Procedures-image-7.jpg  

Old 12th February 2012, 21:44   #43
BANNED

Re: Registration From "delhi To Punjab"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootsingh View Post
The Car Carry’s Delhi Registration, The Vehicle Is 1994 Manufactured But Seems To Be Imported In 2002 As "RC" States By Someone In Delhi.
So It Shall Expire In 2017. RC Itself Is One Page Document And I See Two Other Punjab Owners Endorsed At The Back In Punjab Itself.
you can do Two things at earliest to find out facts about this vehicle ( this is based on my knowledge of MH RTO rules & working )

1) fill an information form ( an application seeking information of a vehicle ) to / with the Delhi RTO ( as this vehicle still carries Delhi plates )

2) find out who the last ( current ) owner is & which particular Punjab RTO has stamped the endorsement, apply for information to the said RTO also

The answer to the information form comes with the RTO seal & it gives you necessary details of the status ( legal ) of the vehicle , such as owner , tax , renewal of registration etc . So you will be knowing the current legal status of this vehicle.

Quote:
I Understand The Complete Transfer Means Getting The NOC From Delhi And Pay 2% Tax At Punjab RTO And All The Required Docs Etc And Getting The New Punjab Plate.
IMHO & AFAIK this is the correct procedure & should be ( again based on my knowledge of MH laws )

Quote:
................"HAZAARON KHWAISHEIN AISI KE HAR KHWAHISH PE DAM NIKLE"......I WISH I WAS NEVER BORN............................
you are right Sirji this is how we land in to trouble

Sudarshan

Last edited by Sudarshan : 12th February 2012 at 21:47.
Sudarshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 22:50   #44
BHPian

Hi Sudarshan,
Thanku for reading and giving the right information. I have been into your landrover topics in past, and feeling good after what you said.
I will today prepare a courier for new delhi tilak nagar RTO and hope they reply back. Is there any partcular "right to information form" that i have to fill or just a formal letter will do? I am in UK but will provide them an indian adress to reply and an email.
The seller has assured me to provide the affidavit and other info from the current owner from faridkote rto in punjab.
I am ready to take the hassle of further transfer once i get some assurance from delhi.
Thanks once again.
Old 12th February 2012, 23:01   #45
BHPian

Re: Registration From "delhi To Punjab"

There is a 'practice' of temporary registering out of state vehicles in Punjab.
It is a slightly 'gray' area.

Read this on Harjeev's thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...ml#post2121534

There are pitfalls involved if you lose the RC, as documented in subsequent posts on the thread.

Last edited by genesis : 12th February 2012 at 23:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks