Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2012, 23:33   #46
BHPian

Re: Registration From "delhi To Punjab"

Hi
Yes I Have Read That Infact Harjeev Too Kept The Mh Plate. But I Will Confirm This From Rto Punjab And Delhi, I Really Dont Have A Problem Keeping Delhi Number And It Saves Money Too. And I Shall Ask The Insurers Too, After All Peace Of Mind Is Important. Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 06:45   #47
BANNED

Re: Registration From "delhi To Punjab"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootsingh View Post
I will today prepare a courier for new delhi tilak nagar RTO and hope they reply back.
I hope they reply !! but I prefer it to be done directly not via post or courier

Quote:
Is there any partcular "right to information form" that i have to fill or just a formal letter will do?
this is not a RTI thing , this is a less known practice since long in MH

Quote:
The seller has assured me to provide the affidavit and other info from the current owner from faridkote rto in punjab.
Personally I would not trust any Agent or Party Unless I know them personally for some time , Also take the current owners signatures personally where ever required --
it becomes a very tricky situation when you spend money & paperwork dosent move an inch ---- trust me

Sudarshan
Old 13th February 2012, 13:55   #48
BHPian

Re: Transfering a vehicle within India: Procedures

Hello all,

A seemingly strange situation has presented itself to me. I am interested in a particular car that is registered in the name of say Mr. X from Bangalore, carries KA03 (Bangalore - Indiranagar RTO) plates, currently situated in Goa. This vehicle was purchased from KA03 by a Goan gentleman (Mr. Y, say) in June-July 2011. He has obtained an NOC from KA03, but has not transferred the ownership to himself and hence also not changed the regn. Now, due to my interest in this vehicle, Mr. Y has obtained an insurance policy today (Feb 13th, 2012) in Goa. Obviously, since Mr. X is not around, Mr. Y has used the NOC to get the policy in his own name (name of Mr. Y).

Now if I am to purchase this car, she moves back to Bangalore where I live (KA01 to be precise). The question is: Does Mr. Y need to obtain an NOC from the Goa RTO in order to facilitate a transfer of ownership to my name?

To reiterate:
1) Car has KA03 plates in name of Mr. X
2) Car situated in Goa, in the hands of Mr. Y since June/July 2011
3) NOC exists, dated June/July 2011 from KA03 RTO
4) Insurance policy exists in name of Mr. Y
5) Car is coming back to Bangalore, still with KA03 plates

Does she need an NOC from Goa?

Hoping for a solution.

Cheers,
Rahul
Old 13th February 2012, 16:06   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
Hello all,

To reiterate:
1) Car has KA03 plates in name of Mr. X
2) Car situated in Goa, in the hands of Mr. Y since June/July 2011
3) NOC exists, dated June/July 2011 from KA03 RTO
4) Insurance policy exists in name of Mr. Y
5) Car is coming back to Bangalore, still with KA03 plates

Does she need an NOC from Goa?

Hoping for a solution.

Cheers,
Rahul
I understand that the Car is not registered in Goa, if this is the case then RTO-Goa will not have any details of this car and hence they will not be able to provide a NOC.

I think you will have to cancel the NOC from KA03 and to cancel this you may need to get a letter from RTO-Goa saying that this car was never registered in Goa.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 18:00   #50
BHPian

I am having a peculiar problem. I have an RX 100 (1989 model) registered in my name in Srinagar and I want to sell it to a friend in Mumbai. I did all the paperwork at my local RTO but in the end I am being told that it is a 23 year old vehicle and cannot be transferred outside the state. Is that a fact? I was under the impression that if a private vehicle is considered roadworthy by the RTO (mine is) even after 15 years then it can be sold to another party and need not be scrapped. Any info on this would be welcome.
Old 3rd May 2012, 12:04   #51
BHPian

Hello Tbhpians, I need some clarification regarding temporary transfer of vehicle from one state to another. I am from guwahati and due to some office work and training I have to shift to bangalore for around 8-10 months. I will be taking my bike along with me. I am not sure about what documents do I need to get from my RTO so that I can take my bike to bangalore. I will not be registering it in bangalore as I will be there for a short period, also I suppose I do not need to play tax in bangalore as I have read that other state's vehicle can run there without paying tax for 10 months.

Experts please answer my following queries,

1) Friend of mine has told me that NOC is required only if I want to reg my bike in the other state, since I will be taking my bike out of my state for only 8-10 months, what document or clearance certificate do I require from my RTO. Or do I need to get some clearance from the police?

2) The bike is less than 1 year old, so do I need to pay entry tax for karnataka? If yes, what percentage.

3) Lastly, during my stay in bangalore I intend to travel to nearby states like goa and tamil nadu for 2-3 days for sight seeing. Any complications with that? Is clearance for karnataka enought for travelling to other nearby states for 2-3 days?

Please help me with my queries, I will be shifting in June end by train, so need time to finish up the documentation soon.
Old 3rd May 2012, 12:46   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles_hungry View Post
Hello Tbhpians, . I am from guwahati and due to some office work and training I have to shift to bangalore for around 8-10 months.
1) Friend of mine has told me that NOC is required only if I want to reg my bike in the other state,
There is no need for an NOC at all if you do not plan to register the bike in Ka. However the cops here may have an issue with an Assam regn bike and may demand "their due" once in a while. Small change!

Take a letter from your office Head that you are being posted to Bangalore for 10 months only and the letter should clearly mention your details including specimen signature and id proof and office contact details for verification etc. This will make it clear to the cops that you are a bonafide citizen with verifiable credentials.
You can have fresh letters made from time to time if your period is extended.
Don't worry, things are not that bad.
Old 4th May 2012, 12:30   #53
BHPian

[quote=fiestarry;2765355]There is no need for an NOC at all if you do not plan to register the bike in Ka. However the cops here may have an issue with an Assam regn bike and may demand "their due" once in a while. Small change![quote]

Thanks for the prompt reply, I can arrange for the letter from my office as you mentioned. But I believe that I also must obtain some sort of clearance certificate from my RTO/Police Dept that my bike is clean and has no issues/cases pending. Also stating that the bike wont be in Assam for the mentioned period and will be there in Karnataka. I am not sure what that is called. Any clue about it?

Others who have gone through similar situation please help my query
Old 16th May 2012, 18:55   #54
BHPian

I have two queries.
  1. I have a car registered in Tamil Nadu and am going to give to my parents who will be Karnataka only for 2 years. After that, they will return to Tamil Nadu. Should I get new registration in KA or what else to do since the car will be there only for 2 years?
  2. I wanted to buy XUV and the order is not opened yet. However, someone who participated in the lottery in Jan / Feb is not interested in the vehicle. He stays in Hyderabad while I am in Chennai. Can I buy that vehicle? Will it be AP registered and then transfer to TN or can it directly be registered in TN?
Old 18th May 2012, 12:32   #55
BHPian

Hi,

I have following questions.
  1. I have seen one Lambretta in Pune which is registered in Mumbai.I want to drive the same in Pune.
  2. Owner expired long back and his wife is not able to trace the papers for quite long time.She is ready to give me the death certificate of her husband.
  3. Now,issue is if I have to transfer the vehicle to my name,what is the procedure?
  • My guess is to get the vehicle transferred to wife's name first as she will be the next owner after her husband's death.
  • Now,as vehicle is registered in Mumbai,I need to have NOC for the same which is difficult as I can not travel to Mumbai just for that.
  • If I only have 'Death cert' of owner at this point of time,what is the best process to go ahead.
Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 10:39   #56
nisam76

Planning to buy a used bullet (Pune registered) in Bangalore. Owner told that tax paid in KA, but the number didn't change since it was a good one. Mentioned that there is an entry of KA RTO in the RC book. It's possible to transfer to KA RTO without changing the Pune number?
Called up one RTO Agent and he told that it's possible. Bit cautious here and don't want to end up in any trouble. I may face any problem in transferring to my name?

Appreciate your help.

thanks
nissam

Old 20th June 2012, 13:03   #57

Hi Friends, Need your advice on this one

One of my friend is travelling to US by this month end. He`s from chennai. He would like me to have his new R15 for 4 months till he returns. Im based in bangalore. Should i be paying any kind of tax here in KA.? The reason being, my office is in a area which has traffic police lurking around each corner. Just wanted to be proactive so that i don't end up paying toll to them all the time. Thanks in advance for you suggestions!
Old 20th June 2012, 14:45   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock* View Post
Hi Friends, Need your advice on this one

One of my friend is travelling to US by this month end. He`s from chennai. He would like me to have his new R15 for 4 months till he returns. Im based in bangalore. Should i be paying any kind of tax here in KA.?...
No, you need not pay the KA road tax for a period of 1 year IIRC. I doubt if the traffic cops would stop a TN vehicle anyway. Their attention is mostly on the vehicles from up north. Anyway, it would be better if you could obtain a receipt from a toll-booth or a checkpost on the way in to KA, to have proof of the date of entry of the vehicle. Also, get an emission check done the day you leave TN and one from KA as soon as you enter.

Cheers,
Rahul
Old 20th June 2012, 15:11   #59

Thanks voodochild. Thats comforting to hear. The emission check too is part of recording the day when the bike was brought inside the state?
Old 20th June 2012, 16:52   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock* View Post
Thanks voodochild. Thats comforting to hear. The emission check too is part of recording the day when the bike was brought inside the state?
Doesnt really hold good officially, as opposed to a toll/octroi receipt. But I guess its good enough to convince a policeman on the streets. Another thing you can do is transport the bike by truck or something, and keep the transporter's receipt. See if you can keep a copy of the MV Act in the bike too, cops tend to cringe at the sight of it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks