Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2013, 12:14   #91
BHPian

Re: Transfering a vehicle within India: Procedures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
Hello Rahul
Phew, the blood really boils when you read such instances of blatant bureaucratic BS!

The road-tax experience in Pune was quite a different story for a friend of mine. He has a KL-11 bullet (almost brand new). He obtained an NOC from the Kozhikode ACP's office (no connections or anything), approached the MH12 RTO and paid the calculated amount in a day. No fuss!

Now in my case, it turns out that my motorcycle can almost qualify for senior citizenship (big cash prize for creative guesses of what happened to the purchase invoice! HINT: Her two previous owners were illiterate farmer and illiterate milkman respectively).
The rest of the documents are being processed and will be ready before she ships out. Will retain copies of shipping invoices for the date of entry.

As I understand, the purchase invoice is only required to ascertain the value of the vehicle when new, in order to calculate depreciation for tax. However, this depreciation is limited to a max value (70% IIRC). Then the tax amount is calculated as a certain percentage (varies for each state) of that depreciated value. Essentially I wouldn't need an invoice to prove my bike is older than the RT officer himself. And I'm not planning on re-registering to a KA number so there shouldn't be too much processing involved.

I'm hoping this entire process is expedited by the AASI, as they've been of utmost assistance to me in the past.

And yes, I will be dealing with KA01. Will contact you for assistance if required

Cheers,
Rahul
Old 2nd July 2013, 16:26   #92
BHPian

I have a couple of queries wrt the re-registration process.
My bike is a AP regd one fast approaching its 15th B'day. I plan to get it re regd in Kerala and I have applied for a NOC from the RTO in AP.

My queries are
1. Would the 15th year/Fitness Check create any hurdle with the re registration process if I submit the NOC in the new RTO before the specified date.
2. The bike in its current form is not registered in my name, I plan to get it in my name in Kerala. Would this be a obstacle/Would they require that both the parties are the same.

Thank you!
Old 2nd July 2013, 22:08   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_gautam View Post
Hi.

He's transferring the vehicle to my name as a gift.
Someone in Gangtok RTO advised him to d this, 'coz
a) its a transfer within the family, &
b) this will substantially reduce the tax levied.

So I'll have the following documents for the bike with me :
1. NOC from Gangtok RTO
2. RC Book
3. Gift Certificate
4. Insurance Policy/Certificate (not sure if the one he has is current, will renew or take a new one if required).

Apart from these, I'll also have :
1. ID Proof,
2. Address Proof,
3. PUC Certificate (to be done a day or two before going to RTO)
How exactly are you getting Gift certificate ? And are there really any benefit of family memebr transfer of ownership, even if belonging to different city ?
Old 3rd July 2013, 06:10   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit0103 View Post
How exactly are you getting Gift certificate ? And are there really any benefit of family memebr transfer of ownership, even if belonging to different city ?
My brother is getting these done at Sikkim. So I don't know how exactly.
Benefits I'll get to know only when I go to KA RTO.
But as per Sikkim RTO, the taxes due would be lower if its gifted within the family.
Old 8th July 2013, 18:42   #95
BHPian

This is for a friend who is buying a preowned BMW 320D from his boss. The car is currently registered in Gurgaon (HR 26) and my friend wishes it to be transfered to either UP (Noida) or Delhi. He has residence available at both. I have advised him to stick to Delhi as I don't think it will be easy to sell the car eventually on a UP number. But that's not the point.

The question is: Dealers are quoting random numbers like 40-60k to get the paperwork done, and apparently it takes a few months for the car to be transfered.

I don't think so, so thought of asking here.

Any thoughts, helps, agent contacts?
Old 8th July 2013, 20:31   #96
Senior - BHPian

my dad expired last year. Now I want to get the car transferred to my name. What are the documents required?

Will I need to get an NOC from only my mother or also my brother?
Old 13th July 2013, 13:51   #97
BHPian

I am planning to purchase a W124 E220 Mercedes from team bhp classified.

The car is 1996 model MH reg located in Gujarat.
The car was purchased through Auto Hanger by the current owner.
The owner didnt get the noc in his name yet.
When I spoke with him he told me Auto Hanger can arrange the noc in my name.

The confusing part
After I bring the car to Goa
How much tax / insurance I will have to pay?
Is the tax and insurance calculated on current value of car or the value in 1996?
What is the process of transfering the car between state?
Will I have problem during passing of the car?

When I spoke with people in Goa they said void the car as prcoess is going to be
too costly.

What other documents do I require from the current owner.
This the first time going for outer state car
Old 30th July 2013, 14:53   #98
BHPian

I bought a pre-owned Honda Civic from a used car dealer and nearly 90% of the amount was financed by the bank.

The problem is: its going to be nearly 3 months now and I haven't got a copy of the RC transfer receipt yet from the dealer despite repeated follow ups.
I talked to the previous owner and he mentioned that he handed over the NOC to the dealer on June 26 (nearly 2 months delay from the previous owner). Its been a month since then and I don't have any legal documents yet to prove my ownership of the car. (Dealer's delivery note and bank's EMIs is all I have).

I am in love with this Civic and don't want to end up having no legal documents for it, ever. Last week I even renewed the Insurance of the car on my name with a rider that I need to submit the new RC copy to the Insurer in 3 weeks.

Do you smell a fraud here? What are my options now? Give the dealer 1-2 weeks or tell the bank that they keep the car and I am not going to pay any more EMIs which will impact my credit standing or worse have bank's hooligans after me.

I need your advice. I am distressed by all this and would like to put an end to it soon.
Old 31st July 2013, 23:53   #99

I am in the same position as coolkurt above. I bought a new Dzire for my dad in Mumbai, he got it registered in his name in Satara and now has passed away.
I drove the car to Bangalore since I didn't want to leave it there unattended.

Not quite sure what to do.

I'm guessing, I have to go to Satara RTO, give the Death Certificate, Succession Form and other documents to get a transfer. After that I can sell it or register it in Bangalore.
This page has some info http://www.rtoaifmvd.com/trans_ownership.aspx
Surely, on going there, many more new things will come out.

Can anyone who went through this procedure guide me on the following?
1) Is the vehicle physically required for this process?
2) What is the affidavit format required?
3) What is the proof of succession? (I am the co-borrower of the loan, EMI is going from my bank account)
4) I have 2 siblings and my mother, do they need to give some statement of not being interested in inheriting the vehicle?
5) What do I need from the bank who is financing the vehicle?

thanks,
Sam
Old 4th October 2013, 20:00   #100
Senior - BHPian

In a case of a 12 year old car being transfered from MH to KA to a different owner, is the original invoice copy required. In case the copy is not available then how should it be done. Does the RTO calculate the value of the car as per their own internal method. Can someone urgently let me know on this as the KA RTO Website does not mention anything regarding the invoice.
Old 4th October 2013, 23:36   #101
Senior - BHPian

Ideally one should submit a copy of the invoice to enable the RTO to assess the vehicle's current value for calculation of tax. The original in any case is submitted to the home RTO at time of registration so don't bother searching for it. The dealer will be able to send you a copy. However if you do not have a copy then the RTO will assess the value based on whatever data is available with them.

I sold my 10 year old DL regd. vehicle in MH and was asked to submit an invoice copy as well as a NOC from the DL RTO.

In my experience it is the NOC that is more time consuming to obtain and there is no way to work around it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
In a case of a 12 year old car being transfered from MH to KA to a different owner, is the original invoice copy required. In case the copy is not available then how should it be done. Does the RTO calculate the value of the car as per their own internal method. Can someone urgently let me know on this as the KA RTO Website does not mention anything regarding the invoice.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2013, 13:29   #102
BHPian

Need some help from the forum members.

I may need to transfer my car from Bangalore to Kolkata. The car is registered at Jayanagar RTO (KA-05). The car is also under loan from SBI and I am not planning to foreclose the loan now. I understand that the following are the steps that I need to undertake:

1. Obtain NOC from bank regarding their agreement that I can register the car at Kolkata
2. Obtain NOC from Jayanagar RTO for registering the car at Kolkata RTO

Need help in understanding the process at the RTO and the turnaround time to obtain the NOC.

Please also share the name of any reliable agent that you may know, at the Jayanagar RTO and how much should I expect to pay him for this task.

Thanks in advance.
Old 16th December 2013, 14:15   #103
Senior - BHPian

Hi Everyone

I have a MH-12 registered bike which complete 6 years this month. I have been in bangalore for last 4 years but didn't get it registered here as I kept traveling and was not sure where I will end up. But now I am certain that I will continue in Bangalore for atleast a decade. So wanted to register my vehicle here.

Question is :

1. What all do I need to register the vehicle here? Invoice ,RC book et al is in my name and in place.

2. But I don't have a NOC from Pune. Tried getting it and even paid to an agent but due to time shortage couldn't follow up properly and the guy escaped. This was 4 years ago. I know am illegally riding it here. Is it imperative to head to Pune RTO and get the NOC first?

3. Till now I havent faced any issues with cops , but I am not sure if other state vehicles are now allowed as Bangalore is a hub for immigrants?

P.S : I so wish India had a centralized registration system like US and all. You pay just once...buy it anywhere, drive it anywhere in the country .
Old 16th December 2013, 23:09   #104
Senior - BHPian

Obtaining the NOC from RTO in Poona is essential.

This time around instead of paying an agent, I suggest that you approach the Automobile Association in either Poona or Bangalore and see which one can help you in doing the needful. Take their membership for an year and they will do all the leg work for you, sure beats paying and chasing agents etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
2. But I don't have a NOC from Pune. Tried getting it and even paid to an agent but due to time shortage couldn't follow up properly and the guy escaped. This was 4 years ago. I know am illegally riding it here. Is it imperative to head to Pune RTO and get the NOC first?
Old 17th December 2013, 00:08   #105
VKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurabh M View Post
Need some help from the forum members.

I may need to transfer my car from Bangalore to Kolkata. The car is registered at Jayanagar RTO (KA-05). The car is also under loan from SBI and I am not planning to foreclose the loan now.
SBI won't be giving the NOC . They won't give any NOC without closing the loan . This was at Hyderabad . Please check with them .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks