Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2009, 15:08   #226
BHPian

Hey, may be I am in the wrong section, but amin some urgency, so posting my question here. I stay in Navi Mumbai and my bro-in-law owns a used Lancer. The car needs serious repairs and we are unable to reach a decent lancer garage. Your help is most sought after...please....... Also any help in aquiring spares. He took months to get hold of the AC knob for replacement.

Last edited by Exhaust_Note : 21st August 2009 at 15:09. Reason: Noticed improper english (mebbe)
Old 21st August 2009, 16:17   #227
GTO
Team-BHP Support

^^ Sid, get the onroad prices for Mumbai please . It's currently in the low 50's.
Old 15th February 2010, 19:26   #228
Senior - BHPian

Rejoice EVO fans! TG India says the Lancer evo 10 is scheduled to launch in April! For around 20 lacs
That is only possible if Mitsu brings it as a CKD and talking to one of the TG editors, he says it will indeed be a CKD. But I'm still not convinced. EVO X for 20L = Goodbye Accord/Laura

http://twitter.com/TopGearIndia
Old 15th February 2010, 19:39   #229
BHPian

^^ maybe its some cheap 150bhp variant with an lpg fitment for 'mileage kitna hai' people
Old 15th February 2010, 20:15   #230
Senior - BHPian

At last. I was skeptical from the start as i did visit the now defunct Metro Motors to check on an import of an Evo but they had no inkling.

I predict a line of buyers for this car, unfortunately a lot of boy racers for whom Mitsubishi India may think of setting up a driving programme to get used to the car before they wrap it round the next lamp post.

Now if its gonna be here in April and at a magic figure of 2o-21L (damn good pricing) then im gonna be ready with my cheque. *Does a cartwheel with joy*

I hope my family is listening, my Birthday appears in April too
Old 22nd March 2010, 09:15   #231
BHPian

Talk about the Evo X here and I wonder why Mitsu couldn't give a MIVECed Lancer as a factory option in India (rather than forcing TBHPians to resort to aftermarket mods). Surely it would have amazing sales at 10-11 L range, considering that the Lancer's only achilles' heel is its lack of grunt?
Old 18th April 2010, 02:20   #232
Senior - BHPian

EVO X coming soon?

According to this rediff article, HM should start to take bookings for evo x sometime in June 2010.

"While the good old Ambassador, which improved its sales to over a thousand in March, is being spruced up with new variants, HM is also launching bookings for the niche sports car Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X, popularly known as Evo X, in June-end. The company has a technical collaboration with Mitsubishi Motor.

"Evo X has been in the minds of the Indian consumer for a long time now. It is a fantasy sports car that has caught the fancy of speed enthusiasts in movies like the Fast & Furious where it featured," says Pritam Saikia, marketing head of HM-Mitsubishi Motors.

Evo-X, HM hopes, would help in creating a contemporary image for the company. "We are not looking at huge numbers. We plan to sell around 50-75 cars in India per year. It is a car that boosts the brand equity of Mitsubishi in India. It has the rally DNA that outlines Mitsubishi cars in the country."

HM's new brand Ambassadors : Rediff.com Business
Old 18th April 2010, 02:34   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
According to this rediff article, HM should start to take bookings for evo x sometime in June 2010.

"Evo X has been in the minds of the Indian consumer for a long time now. It is a fantasy sports car that has caught the fancy of speed enthusiasts in movies like the Fast & Furious where it featured," says Pritam Saikia, marketing head of HM-Mitsubishi Motors.
Thanks for sharing the news. Yes indeed, we have waited for quite a while for the Evo to land on our shores, but by now, I am exasperated. I think HM Mitsubishi should actually shut shop, they are still selling the original Lancer (which I loved years back, but was disappointed to see that it got no real support from the company) and in every way acting like a company from the License Raj. The Ambassador is a dinosaur that should ideally die.

Also, a marketing head calling the car, a "fantasy sports car", should be kicked in the balls. Ridiculous.
Old 18th April 2010, 04:51   #234
Senior - BHPian

It would be interesting to see how they price the evo x in India.
In US I checked that the bare basic evo GSR starts from 33590 USD (that too without any add ons). MR and MR touring start even higher.
It is the priciest car in Mitsubishi US lineup (and I just spotted one today parked in front of the walmart nearby).
Old 17th May 2010, 13:18   #235
BHPian

It seems that official date has been pushed to August 2010. Also its the 300 bhp one that we would be getting.

Hindustan Motors to double TN plant capacity by 2012-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 17th May 2010, 14:47   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
It seems that official date has been pushed to August 2010. Also its the 300 bhp one that we would be getting.

Hindustan Motors to double TN plant capacity by 2012-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
"This will be a very high performance four seater capacity sedan with 300 BHP and will deliver very high horse power," Vijay Kumar said

Assuming the Evo X, a car that for the first time in years managed to get handling and power down in a combination that beat a Subaru WRX STi around a track, has been designed so that there is minimal loss of actual HP due to components, can some one please explain that one to me? its from the quoted article.
Old 17th May 2010, 15:24   #237
Senior - BHPian

What's to be explained? It's just some marketing dude spouting stuff he has no idea about. He probably doesn't know BHP = brake horse power.
Old 17th May 2010, 15:41   #238
Senior - BHPian

I nearly gagged when I read this statement. Is Vijay Kumar their Marketing head? What a way to describe the Evo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
"This will be a very high performance four seater capacity sedan with 300 BHP and will deliver very high horse power," Vijay Kumar said

Last edited by Gilead : 17th May 2010 at 15:43.
Old 7th June 2010, 16:49   #239
Senior - BHPian

Evo X definite for India

HM have planned slew of Mitsu's models that include the Evo X (4-wheel drive + 290 BHP), but at a price of Rs.40 lacs.

Other models include:

1. 7-seater Outlander (petrol only... no deisel);
2. New Pajero sports (based on Triton truck), with 2.5L 136 BHP & 3.2L 163 BHP diesels; &
3. New Lancer (having Evo X looks) with:
a. 18.L 141 BHP petrol
b. 2L (VW sourced) diesel (pricing around Rs.14 lacs).

Link to the Autocar India's article below:
HM to beef up Mitsubishi line-up | Autocar India
Old 7th June 2010, 16:52   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
a. 18.L 141 BHP petrol
Wow a 18 litre 141 BHP Petrol

Any idea on the Lancer Petrol and Diesel Launch dates ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks