Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2010, 16:27   #256
BHPian

I managed to call the Regional manager for the North. He said yes it is 100 % coming and all the tests and things have been completed and they are just in the final phase of sorting stuff.

He had the info but said cant disclose !! Expected price should not cross 40 L

I hope it is between 30-35L

And regarding the service I am sure they will have selected dealers trained for the EVO !!!

Last edited by omaragra : 11th June 2010 at 16:29.
Old 11th June 2010, 18:26   #257
BHPian

Sorry if this is a repost. But watch this guys, will you ?

Old 12th June 2010, 00:44   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
^^ Poor after sales service? My friend, not from Mitsubishi dealers as far as I know. service has been always top class and most of the Mitsubishi owners would second my statement.

Sure EVO will sell, not in thousands as Figos but, in 10s and 20s every month.
Very well said. Yesterday, I had a small mishap. Drove my Lancer into a huuuge steel-rimmed manhole at a good speed ( was in a hurry ). After recovering from the sickening sound, sudden halt and jolt, I backed out of the hole but the front left wheel made a grating sound. The car's leftside lower arm took the full impact and bent some 4 inches off its place, pushing the wheel back and jamming against the mudguard. The car was immovable. Just one call to Mitsubishi dealer and service guys with a tow vehicle ( a Trekker ) arrived. Since the car couldn't be towed unless the front wheels were lifted off ground, they decided to fix things right there on the spot, by the road side. They went back and returned with new lower arm and tools and finished with the job in less than 1 hour. Just 2 hours after I drove into that hole, I was up and running and was on my way to where I was heading. That's Mitsubishi service. Need I say more? The total cost of arm assy. + link kit bushes + labour was 4,500.

Mitsus not selling as many as Figos? Others may be complaining, but I feel happy about it. One, exclusivity and two, smaller number of Mitsus ensures good and personalised service. Imagine the rush Ford delaerships will have with Figos that arrive by hundreds at the service stations. You will have to shout/argue/push/fight to be heard. Sorry, not for me.
Old 12th June 2010, 09:29   #259
Senior - BHPian

^^Thanks for seconding me mate, as you say less is more for us. Less sales = more attention! hahhhahha
Old 12th June 2010, 11:11   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Sorry if this is a repost. But watch this guys, will you ?

YouTube - Mitsubishi Evo vs. Subaru Impreza - Top Gear - BBC
Thanks. That was a fun video :-) didn't realize Evo X has such a lead over the Subaru Imp, though I did know about all the gizmos and tech wizardry in the Evo X esp it AWC stuff

Last edited by lancer_rit : 12th June 2010 at 11:13. Reason: Removed link
Old 12th June 2010, 11:42   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Thanks. That was a fun video :-) didn't realize Evo X has such a lead over the Subaru Imp, though I did know about all the gizmos and tech wizardry in the Evo X esp it AWC stuff
Yeah its a strange thing, for the first time in over a decade, the Evo will convincingly beat its current generation STI rival in anything but a straight line. I am really excited to see what Subaru will come up with. No ways do I see them taking this drubbing lying down.
Old 14th June 2010, 12:00   #262
Senior - BHPian

New update, courtesy Infocera:

Mitsubishi Lancer is all set to launch its Evo X in India in July 2010

Good news...
Old 14th June 2010, 14:36   #263
BHPian

Hmmm....

No offense but I dont know how much credible that website is. OK the car might be coming in July but the page says that the model will be FQ400 !!

I dont think they will sell the FQ400 but it will be the FQ300 !! Also the article says they plan to sell 4000 units per month and then it also says that they plan to sell 100 units !! lol !!

But if it's coming in July for 30Lkhs then woohoo

Last edited by omaragra : 14th June 2010 at 14:38.
Old 15th June 2010, 10:39   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragra View Post
Hmmm....

No offense but I dont know how much credible that website is. OK the car might be coming in July but the page says that the model will be FQ400 !!

I dont think they will sell the FQ400 but it will be the FQ300 !! Also the article says they plan to sell 4000 units per month and then it also says that they plan to sell 100 units !! lol !!

But if it's coming in July for 30Lkhs then woohoo
I agree that the FQ400 thing is an exaggeration. But, the Evo will surely be launched in near future. Also, I have little doubts that the new Lancer will also be launched. It will help standardise the production & costs of the panels for the 2 cars.

I found another link that states the the Evo-11 will be a diesel hybrid. Here, is the link:

Next Mitsubishi Evo May Be Diesel Hybrid | Autopia | Wired.com
Old 15th June 2010, 11:35   #265
Senior - BHPian

Whenever it comes, it is very difficult for Mitsubishi to price the base Evo below 35 lakhs ex-showroom.
Old 15th June 2010, 13:47   #266
BHPian

Evo is one of the best machines Mitsubishi has made. Has anyone seen the top gear video where Jeremy Clarkson races it against a Lamborghini? The first part is pretty impressive from the evo perspective while the second part completely shatters it. Compaing a £40000 car with a £100000+ car is not justified but the evo does really well. The one in that video is an EVO VIII and EVO X would be much more advanced. For those who have not seen the video here is the link:-

Sorry again if this is a repost

Last edited by centaur : 15th June 2010 at 13:49. Reason: addition of a link
Old 16th June 2010, 13:04   #267
BHPian

Well,

here is another link, Zig wheels this time

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X to be launched in July - News - Zigwheels

The car has a luxurious capacity for 5 persons. It has 4 doors. The car runs onThe car has a luxurious capacity for 5 persons. It has 4 doors. The car runs on 2 L Turbocharged Incline -4 engine. Its fuel injector is made of stainless steel. It has a wonderful feature of producing 403 bhp and 387 lb ft of torque at 3500 rpm. Turbocharged Incline -4 engine. Its fuel injector is made of stainless steel. It has a wonderful feature of producing 403 bhp and 387 lb ft of torque at 3500 rpm.
Old 16th June 2010, 15:20   #268
Senior - BHPian

just got info from a reliable source that EVO will be laucnhed by 2nd week of July but pricing is going to be around 40-50 Lakh, the high price is due to the high foreign exchange rates.
Old 16th June 2010, 15:27   #269
BHPian

Pricing should be kept around Rs 35-40 lakhs. 50 is just too much. The 370Z and Z4 are close by. The car costs nothing more than Rs 10-15 lakhs in USA and Japan. Curse the taxes and the $40,000 cap but when the car is being homologated, they can bring it at a lower cost.

All the enthusiasts better get the present EVO as the next-gen model has been confirmed to get a diesel hybrid engine. Its better when you get to know that Mitsubishi considered to kill off the Evo altogether.
Old 16th June 2010, 15:32   #270
Senior - BHPian

Today Hindu also carried an article on the car. Says that it is going to be launched for sure. But the price factor was quoted as around 40-50 lacs.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed