Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2008, 15:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
... but this is the first time a performance car of truly international levels is being offered in India at a price >30 lakhs (fingers crossed). ..
I'm sure you meant < 30 lakhs ..
Old 31st March 2008, 15:37   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Nice move. But I'm thinking 21 lakhs is a little optimistic. Upwards of 30 would be more likely.
Thats probably the landing cost. Add the mfr/dealer margin, taxes etc, it would touch the 30L mark.
Old 31st March 2008, 15:45   #18
BHPian

The pricing and specification details and reviews that are available on EVO X ( google it ) rate it as a car in the league of Accord( though loses on creature comfort). But the fact that it may be here in 2009 is too long a wait. I am not too enthusiastic about it as by the time we may see it here, there may be better things available and we all may be hoping for IT to be launched.

Hope HM is serious about launch of Outlander - which if manufactured here will be much more VFM than EVO through CBU route and sweeter is the fact that it is likely to get launched in 2008 only.
Old 31st March 2008, 16:08   #19
BHPian

Bye Bye mondeo, if the evo is price is less than 25 OTR.

IMO it should be atleast 32 OTR.
Old 31st March 2008, 16:12   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
I'm sure you meant < 30 lakhs ..
Sure did. Thanks, it has been corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
I am not too enthusiastic about it as by the time we may see it here, there may be better things available and we all may be hoping for IT to be launched.

.........which if manufactured here will be much more VFM than EVO through CBU route and sweeter is the fact that it is likely to get launched in 2008 only.
Umm, what car do you see bettering the EVO? The engine has near 300 horses, a 0 - 100 of 5 seconds, stonking handling / braking and all-wheel-drive. Is there something "sweeter" expected in the 25 - 30 lakh price range that we aren't aware of?

Also, EVO and VFM are rarely used in the same sentence.
Old 31st March 2008, 16:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

And since it will be imported, that means no typical engine de-tuning, right?
I cant wait to see these babies zoom by me on the highways...
Old 31st March 2008, 17:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

At 21L.. even I am tempted even though it's more than 2 times my budget!! Hope they provide a huge fuel tank (100l+) with it so that it can be taken on drives outside city. Ofcourse I am assuming that it would require atleat 95 octane petrol (whose availability will be difficult outside the metros)
Old 31st March 2008, 17:41   #23
BHPian

I guess time to sell my apartment and look for a rented one and buy an evo when it comes . Hope this really makes it here.
Old 31st March 2008, 17:59   #24
BHPian

This Mitsubishi EVO is nothing but Lancer 2008 model.
Mitsubishi lancer 2008 / EVO comes with a 2.0 liter engine and moderate quality interiors & No rear a/c!

On any day Mitsubishi's lancer cannot be compared with Toyota Camry / VW Passat/ Honda accord which are 2.4 liter super sedans with array of features like rear a/c , increased interior dimensions thus greater roomy ness.

Here in Kuwait Top end Mitsubishi Lancer is sold for KD 4500 - 5000 (1 KD = 150 =Rs 6.75 -7.5 lakhs range ) with alloy wheels, sun roof etc. Toyota camry Top range is KD 7000 (Rs. 10-11 lakhs) and a Passat is in the range of KD 9000 (13-15 lakhs)

I am only surprised our Birlas's Hindustan motors will bet at risk as they fail clearly to compare their apple to an apple in the competitor league!

I drive a 2007 Mitsubishi Galant which is 2.4 liter 172 HP, 205/70/16" alloy wheels ,1850mm width, 4875mm length yet lacks a rear a/c & sun roof costing about KD 5500 (8.25-9.0 lakhs) and Galant is never considered with Toyota Camry / VW Passat/ Honda accord!

Birlas still are not out of their rajdoot compalascence

I cannot understand the price/tax structure in India. Japanese car is sold in middle east with a sizeable profit by the car manufactuers, and there is 6% import duty for the cars, the local arab distributor makes his decent margin of 10-15% profit and hence they are at the above prices.

In India for the CBU imports 110% duty and other taxes increase prices fine. but why locally built Montero is sold for a whopping 35 lakhs price tag? Typical Marwadi Birla pricing?

Even suzuki Grand vitara's indian price tag is ridiculously high!
Indian Govt & MNC car makers = Tax + decoity profits =drained consumer

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

Last edited by Technocrat : 31st March 2008 at 18:36.
Old 31st March 2008, 18:04   #25
BHPian

Wow. Thats great news. I am a big Evo fan myself, though I am a zillion years away from being able to afford one.

I believe some de-tuning will be done to adjust for the fuel quality. Even then, the car should be one of its kind, in its price band.

The pain, however, will be to see an Evo struggling in choc-a-bloc traffic in the cities...

Having said all this, who could the clientele be? In my view only those who know Evo will pick them up first, considering that it isnt a Merc or even a Skoda ( from an Indian "rich consumer" perspective. Mitsubishi doesnt seem to have that much of an aspirational halo about it in India.. yet.
Old 31st March 2008, 18:16   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
This Mitsubishi EVO is nothing but Lancer 2008 model.
The Evo might not be available in Kuwait. The car we are talking about puts out 275 bhp (Jap spec) and 295 bhp (U.K. spec). Please use the search function and you will find threads which discuss the Evo X in detail.

And frankly speaking the people buying the Evo X are not going to care a damn if it comes with rear a/c or not.

Last edited by Sideways : 31st March 2008 at 18:19.
Old 31st March 2008, 18:27   #27
BHPian

Nice to see this coming through had a talk with one of the HM marketing guys at the expo earler this year and his estimates for a CBU were quite close to what the article mentions.He did say that Quite a good car I must say had an opportunity to sit inside it and rev the engine once although I missed the growl of the 8th gen version which I revved at the previous edition of the expo(you see I always live up to my handle at team-bhp). even the marketing guy acknowledged this and sid that he expereienced the same while driving it.

@harimakesh-Do you think the typical EVO customer would ever sit in the back seat or have time to notice that that car does not have good interiors and rear ac and what not while drifting it..and seriously the interiors aren't that bad they are a little bland but the stuff that lies ahead of it more than compensates for any deficiencies.

Last edited by revvedup : 31st March 2008 at 18:29.
Old 31st March 2008, 18:29   #28
BHPian

Great news!. Sincerely hoping that this won't be 'detuned for India'. Imagine a car with Evo badge with only 125 BHP and capable of 18 KMPL!!. Are everybody sure that Evo will be launched with International spec (275 BHP) which may need high octane petrol? Please say yes.
Old 31st March 2008, 18:43   #29
BHPian

Oh and Autocar will take Evo for a FE run from BLR to Mumbai at 60 kph with ACs off and windows up....
Old 31st March 2008, 19:13   #30
OEM
BHPian

"Never knew that Evo 10 was the replacement for the old Amby"

Perhaps you have not been following the news. Mitsubishi has been doing a due diligence of HM. They have also upped their stake in HM. As with any manufacturer why would they want to keep a bleeding product in their stable......if the buy out HM (whihc seems likely in later 2008)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks