Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2010, 23:31   #316
BHPian

and still no announcement from Mitsu. I don't believe they are going to do this so silently. Let's wait for tomorrow for more info
Old 30th June 2010, 09:44   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by channelv View Post
I personally don't believe Mitsubishi, which is a volume brand, plans to bring EVO to make good profits. If they are smart, they would use the hype and image boost they get from EVO to market their other products and hence make profit. The best bet for them is to bring in the Lancer or the colt to cash in on EVO cloud. The delay in bringing EVO could be because they don't have any particular model they can push other than Outlander. But then again their dumb partner HM have a very solid and smart planning so god knows what and when anything could happen.

I just wish they bring out the new Lancer soon. Wonder if Skoda is paying HM officials!
Agree with this. The EVO X will be the image builder for Mitsubishi. It will definitely help the upcoming Lancer sales as both look exactly the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
and still no announcement from Mitsu. I don't believe they are going to do this so silently. Let's wait for tomorrow for more info
I think this is normal practise. The car's reach the showroom's first before the its officially launched by the company, now whether the X should be displayed before official announcement is upto the dealer.
Old 30th June 2010, 10:21   #318
BANNED

Autocar drives the EVO X

I read the latest issue of Autocar India which had the first drive of the EVO X. The engine, as expected was great(291 BHP) and the car had immense mid range and top end. Cabin quality was below par though. The real shocker to me was the expected price of the car.

Fifty Lac Rupees ex showroom

Will it sell even miniscule numbers in that range? There are so many options then...

EVO experts, please comment.
Old 30th June 2010, 10:47   #319
oss
BHPian

Saw it this morning as well, but the showroom is still to open.

Can't make it early this evening as i got couple of meetings

Come guys, someone drop-in at the showroom and get the pictures
Old 30th June 2010, 12:34   #320
BHPian

Evo is Evo!

The Mitsubishi Formula is very simple I believe. Evo buyers will only buy an Evo. Once you drive the car, you will be addicted. It will haunt you in your dreams.

Even in UAE, Evo has very few customers. It's not a best seller at the price of AED 150K. Here also people ask the question "150k for a Lancer?". I could see similar questions in this thread - "50L for a Lancer?". No one complains when Toyota sells it's Land Cruiser Prado Diesel with starting price 55L where the same starts at 130K in UAE.

Let's wait for Mitsu to reveal the price. I could see different prices in different websites, as per MSN it was 35-40 L.

Based on the pictures, I believe Mitsu is offering Evo with a very good spec for India. BBS Wheels, Leather Seats, Rockford Audio with an Amp + 10" Sub, Brembo Brakes, Twin-clutch SST Gearbox and I am sure the car is on Bilstein Shocks with Elibach springs. This spec is the highest available in GCC!

FQ-400 Kit is available as an addition which you need to buy separate and comes as a kit directly from Japan, the car gets modified at the local dealer (with Mitsu Warranty). With 201 bhp/Litre (Bugatti Veyron can't top that), even the mighty BMW M3 doesn't stand a chance at the lights, with its paltry 4.8secs 0-100kph sprint. In fact, just about the only sub-supercar that can keep up is the Nissan GT-R, and that has an extra 85bhp to boot.

Evo is Evo.. Nothing comes close in comparison. It's a true driver's car. If you want luxury, go and buy something else. I know a guy who owns two Evos, a modified IX and a new X. I asked him if he is planning to sell his Evo IX, luckily he didn't kill me.

I am sure what would be my next car
Old 30th June 2010, 14:21   #321
Senior - BHPian

here is a question

The Evo X is expected to cost between 45-50L in india as per Overdrive.

Now, 37-38L gets you and Audi A4 3.0TDi or 3.2FSI

what would you rather pick

me- I would go for teh Audi 10 times out of 10- similar real world performance, far greater luxury, great build quality, great street cred, better looks, and at about 8-10 lakhs less!
Old 30th June 2010, 16:16   #322
BHPian

Audi A4 and an EVO X - I wont compare the real world performance

Audi A4 3.2FSI = Family Sedan on Steroids
Lancer Evo X = High-performance sedan

Like I said in my earlier post, If you want luxury, buy something else. Not an Evo!
Old 1st July 2010, 16:36   #323
BANNED

Mitsubishi showroom in Adyar, Chennai has the Evo X in display. I was driving by today when i noticed it... Am going over to the showroom in the weekend. Will try to get more details, more so about the new lancer X (Evo's poor cousin) which i am interested in.

Last edited by srikanths1 : 1st July 2010 at 16:37.
Old 1st July 2010, 17:04   #324
BHPian

@Srikanths1
You won't regret your choice, believe me. I drive one. Check out my garage.
Old 1st July 2010, 18:11   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanths1 View Post
Mitsubishi showroom in Adyar, Chennai has the Evo X in display. I was driving by today when i noticed it... Am going over to the showroom in the weekend. Will try to get more details, more so about the new lancer X (Evo's poor cousin) which i am interested in.
I spoke to Maya motors salesperson, she told me the car would be there only until today and is going back to factory. And secondly the 'poor cousin' has no plans to come to this 'poor country' even in next year, as per them.
Old 5th July 2010, 10:26   #326
BHPian

Just read in today's HT.

EVO X (CBU) would be launched on 10th July, Saturday.
Specs as written in newspaper were:
Lightweight aluminum 2.0 lt turbocharged petrol engine generating 403BHP and 387 lb gt of torque.
0-100 in 3.8 sec.

Priced at 30L.
Mileage - 12 km/l

I really doubt it would cost 30L considering its a CBU.
Old 5th July 2010, 10:42   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Lightweight aluminum 2.0 lt turbocharged petrol engine generating 403BHP and 387 lb gt of torque.
0-100 in 3.8 sec.

Priced at 30L.
Mileage - 12 km/l
I don't think we are getting the FQ400 spec here. As per OD and ACI reviews, it's the FQ300 that is coming which has 291bhp and does 0-100 in 4.8sec.
And I really doubt it being priced under 45lakhs!
Even the 12kpl sounds very ambitious. Expect 6-8kpl.
Old 5th July 2010, 10:46   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Just read in today's HT.

EVO X (CBU) would be launched on 10th July, Saturday.
0-100 in 3.8 sec.

Priced at 30L.
Mileage - 12 km/l

I really doubt it would cost 30L considering its a CBU.

So, the D-day has arrived. All the speculation are going to end. As stated by @sumitbahl, today's HT has confirmed the date of launch and the expected price. Also mentioned that it would be the competitor for Merc, BMW and Audi
Old 5th July 2010, 17:07   #329
BHPian

Wonder why they are not getting in via Thailand as CKD?
Old 5th July 2010, 17:18   #330
BHPian

53Lakhs on road in chennai. a friend of mine got this info from the HM guys whom he does business with.

dont have the break-up yet.

According to Maya Motors, the pricing will be announced end July.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks