Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2010, 20:28   #346
BHPian

Guys, I might be in Delhi the coming weekend. Any chances if I can catch a glimpse of the EVO-X in any of the showrooms in the NCR region. Any info SidIndica, Delhiites, anyone.
Old 12th July 2010, 21:29   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleo View Post
A vehicle that's gonna get the aura back around the Mitsubishi brand name and get people to take notice of it all over again.
I wish Mitsubishi thought like you did! They were doing some good stuff on the marketing front with the Great Indian Driving Challenge last year, but it all fizzled off soon. Wonder when they can get their act right, and perhaps, pull out of the HM venture!

I wont really blame them for selling the car at 50 lakhs! Nissan launched the 33000 USD 370Z at 55 lakhs, so Mitsubishi can do likewise and hope to get away with it. A 30 lakh price tag would be immensely more attractive for a lot of people. You maybe able to buy a BMW at the 30 lakh price tag but its got nearly the same room, not even near close that performance and all you have to show is the brand.
Old 13th July 2010, 10:34   #348
BHPian

Mitsu is copying Nissan's tactic of showing a race car and getting noticed!!! But Nissan has a better brand value (X Trail & Teana) and launched the Micra. Perhaps Mitsu is better off, showcase the Evo and bring its roadworthy latest gen Lancer.

EVO is a fancy weekend car (AWD and all other gizzmos), how many can buy/run one as a daily ride? 55L ex-showroom, needing 97 Octane and a pain in b2b traffic (turbo-lag).

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
I wish Mitsubishi thought like you did! They were doing some good stuff on the marketing front with the Great Indian Driving Challenge last year, but it all fizzled off soon. Wonder when they can get their act right, and perhaps, pull out of the HM venture!

I wont really blame them for selling the car at 50 lakhs! Nissan launched the 33000 USD 370Z at 55 lakhs, so Mitsubishi can do likewise and hope to get away with it. A 30 lakh price tag would be immensely more attractive for a lot of people. You maybe able to buy a BMW at the 30 lakh price tag but its got nearly the same room, not even near close that performance and all you have to show is the brand.

Last edited by AirWind : 13th July 2010 at 10:35.
Old 14th July 2010, 15:37   #349
Senior - BHPian

Scoo-Scoop-Scoopee. Here are some pics.

At last managed to sneak out of my office during lunch and dash to Maya Motors. I have been following up for the display of the EVO X for past 2 weeks and today fixed up appointment for a date.

Here are the excerpts of my conversation with the salesman.
- This is the only car available in India.
- This is the same car that went for ARAI testing and the one tested by Overdrive (Remember the girl who made a mess of the Monster).
- They don't have any other car assembled even in factory.
- They have no specification sheet / catalogs / brochures / nothing.!
- Expected Launch? - anybody's guess - in next few weeks!
- Price? 50 to 55 Lakhs.
- They think this is 296 bhp, but this is not FQ300. Then what else is this? He didn't know.
- He also said 'Actually we don't allow to photograph this machine, as it has not been launched. But, I have been a VIP customer for Maya Motors since 2007 and I have special permission'.
- I explained him about the benefits of these photos going on our Website and he then agreed for me to click - click - click.

Please pardon me for the picture quality. All these pics are by my Blackberry. (Couldn't get my hands to any digital camera with a flash. Just didn't want to miss the chance.)

Now I let the pics do the talk:

Mitsubishi fans rejoice...EVO X LAUNCHED: 49.95 Lakh ex-delhi!-img00635.jpg

Mitsubishi fans rejoice...EVO X LAUNCHED: 49.95 Lakh ex-delhi!-img00636.jpg

Mitsubishi fans rejoice...EVO X LAUNCHED: 49.95 Lakh ex-delhi!-img00637.jpg

Mitsubishi fans rejoice...EVO X LAUNCHED: 49.95 Lakh ex-delhi!-img00638.jpg

Mitsubishi fans rejoice...EVO X LAUNCHED: 49.95 Lakh ex-delhi!-img00639.jpg

Mitsubishi fans rejoice...EVO X LAUNCHED: 49.95 Lakh ex-delhi!-img00640.jpg

Mitsubishi fans rejoice...EVO X LAUNCHED: 49.95 Lakh ex-delhi!-img00641.jpg

Mitsubishi fans rejoice...EVO X LAUNCHED: 49.95 Lakh ex-delhi!-img00642.jpg

Mitsubishi fans rejoice...EVO X LAUNCHED: 49.95 Lakh ex-delhi!-img00643.jpg

Mitsubishi fans rejoice...EVO X LAUNCHED: 49.95 Lakh ex-delhi!-img00644.jpg

Mitsubishi fans rejoice...EVO X LAUNCHED: 49.95 Lakh ex-delhi!-img00645.jpg

Mitsubishi fans rejoice...EVO X LAUNCHED: 49.95 Lakh ex-delhi!-img00646.jpg

Mitsubishi fans rejoice...EVO X LAUNCHED: 49.95 Lakh ex-delhi!-img00647.jpg

Mitsubishi fans rejoice...EVO X LAUNCHED: 49.95 Lakh ex-delhi!-img00648.jpg

Mitsubishi fans rejoice...EVO X LAUNCHED: 49.95 Lakh ex-delhi!-img00650.jpg

And

Mitsubishi fans rejoice...EVO X LAUNCHED: 49.95 Lakh ex-delhi!-img00649.jpg

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 14th July 2010 at 15:38.
Old 14th July 2010, 16:23   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

When they say the launch is in the next few weeks, how come only one car available through out India.

HM is doing it again.
Old 14th July 2010, 16:34   #351
BHPian

Wow, What a Car!

@RajaTaurus, Thanks for the pictures! Are you the the first Bhpian to click the official EVO X?

What was your feeling after seeing the beast in flesh? You are too happy to be posing with that beast!

As far as I can see, this is not the base version of EVO X.This is GSR version with SST Gearbox, Brembo brakes, Recaro Seats, Leather Combination pack & Rockfor Fosgate Audio. This spec is the max available in GCC.

The upgrade above this needs to purchased separately - The FQ400 Kit, which will be bought in from Mitsu Japan and fitted by the authorized dealer with full warranty.
Old 14th July 2010, 17:55   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
When they say the launch is in the next few weeks, how come only one car available through out India.

HM is doing it again.
He said, first the launch, then they will announce the date of start of booking and then the units will be imported and delivered. Expect minimum of 3-4 months lead time there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar.runs View Post
@RajaTaurus, Thanks for the pictures! Are you the the first Bhpian to click the official EVO X?

What was your feeling after seeing the beast in flesh? You are too happy to be posing with that beast!

As far as I can see, this is not the base version of EVO X.This is GSR version with SST Gearbox, Brembo brakes, Recaro Seats, Leather Combination pack & Rockfor Fosgate Audio. This spec is the max available in GCC.

The upgrade above this needs to purchased separately - The FQ400 Kit, which will be bought in from Mitsu Japan and fitted by the authorized dealer with full warranty.
Yes, Me beaming happy posing with the car. In Flesh, it really doesn't look like a gorgeous monster, but having known what it can do and having seen it around Topgear's tracks on Youtube a Million times being driven by JC, bulleying a Lamborgini, when I stand near it, it absorbs me in and makes me gape in awe. The personification of AWE standing in front of you.
Its a tiger. Can be only equated to a Royal Bengal Tiger.

Last edited by Dippy : 15th July 2010 at 14:43. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Old 14th July 2010, 18:05   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
but having known what it can do and having seen it around Topgear's tracks on Youtube a Million times being driven by JC,
Tell me about it. I also saw the comparo between the Subaru Impreza. The EVO 10 just blew it. Great pics @RajaTaurus. Thanks for sharing. Any Idea when this beast will be unleashed on the streets ? It has loads and loads of gizmos, I don't know if we will be getting all of them or not. 30L will be just simply perfect.
Old 14th July 2010, 20:09   #354
BHPian

I test drove this model in Uk and this is indeed the FQ300 SST GSR they may not call it the FQ300 in India. GSR if I am not wrong just comes with the upgraded music system and as far as the fq 330 or 360 or the 400 these cars can be upgraded but Mitsubishi won't do them themselves and no such official kits exist everything is after Market at least in the UK !! The 330 360 and the 400 come ready from the factory.

Anyways hopefully it will be priced decently instead of the stupid 50 L.

Last edited by omaragra : 14th July 2010 at 20:10.
Old 14th July 2010, 21:03   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragra View Post
I test drove this model in Uk and this is indeed the FQ300 SST GSR they may not call it the FQ300 in India. GSR if I am not wrong just comes with the upgraded music system and as far as the fq 330 or 360 or the 400 these cars can be upgraded but Mitsubishi won't do them themselves and no such official kits exist everything is after Market at least in the UK !! The 330 360 and the 400 come ready from the factory.

Anyways hopefully it will be priced decently instead of the stupid 50 L.
Certainly, this is indeed the FQ300 with upgraded brakes, suspension and the music system too if I am not wrong. Upgrading the car to anything over 360 may lead to car sheding its clothes if driven hard. Also, it can only be done by experienced professionals..Red Roosters.. may be?

Also, normal EVO kits are available in plenty in singapore and thailand but ones similar to the 400 would be hard to find. Playing with warranty again wont be a good idea atleast in case of an evo since they have never been cheap cars to own and maintain.

in between, nice pics Raja, I am sure it would have been difficult for you to walk out of the showroom (without the car keys or atleast a test drive?).

@ pervez.. did you see the EVO review on Overdrive (if not see it on Youtube), they tried to copy Top Gear's episode you are refering to where its EVO X vs Subaru Impreza. However, they failed badly, the host (Sirish), kept on repeating things and was not able to express in words. Dont know why they feel that an indian watching review of EVO wont have seen top gear.

PS: dont think that the Indian EVO will have the touch screen with sat nav and stuff. It should though considering the estimated price. Also, HM atleast have been kind to provide fully packed car models in India, I hope they do the same with the EVO too.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 14th July 2010 at 21:16.
Old 14th July 2010, 21:18   #356
Senior - BHPian

Couldn't help but post this informative video related to the Evo X 10. I love the music when the Mitsu comes in for its demo.
Old 14th July 2010, 21:50   #357
Senior - BHPian

At that price I would not touch it with a barge pole :-(

What are Mitsu thinking ?? They manage to get (some) good products, but price them all wrong.

God help them get any EVO X off the shelf

Cheers
Old 14th July 2010, 22:06   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Couldn't help but post this informative video related to the Evo X 10. I love the music when the Mitsu comes in for its demo.

Now see this, it will seem hilarious
Old 15th July 2010, 00:40   #359
Senior - BHPian

@Raja, thanks once again for sharing the pics with us. It gives me hope.

@Gaurav: Overdrive is probably the worst car magazine in India (closely followed by Zigwheels) and their TV show is a disgrace. Instead of finding it funny, it makes me angry .
Old 15th July 2010, 01:00   #360
Distinguished - BHPian

Mitsu are trying to cheat the customers here as well inspite of charging such a hefty premium.

EVO Xs abroad get Advans as standard tyres while we get Dunlop SP Sport. If we should get any Dunlop, it should be the Star Spec Direzzas.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks