Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2010, 15:54   #421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
This just confirms that the Evo is better handler than the BMW in street races
Yup, and as I said it each one of us has different perspective.
Here's another video which gives a different story.
Old 5th August 2010, 11:42   #422
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRnT RuBbEr View Post
I'm a bhp-maniac alright. but I can't buy 0.75XCAR for the price of 2XCAR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
But in the case of a loaded FQ300 at £33k should cost say around 35lacs max as a CBU in India. If they say 50LACS instead, then its Rip Off!!!!
I am as much a petrol-head as any other, yet have to (unfortunately) agree with you. If I was in the market for a new 50 lakh car, I'd buy the 530d instead. The EVO is an extreme-performance machine like no other on offer in India (< 50 lakh rupees). Still.....50 big ones is way too much for the EVO X. HM-Mitsu is probably targetting the mega-rich boys who have 10 premium cars in the house, and still $$$ to spare.

Actually, if I had a 50 lakh budget for a car, I'd probably buy a used 530d (previous gen) and a used Porsche (or the like). One keeps the family happy, the other me

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
I have been promised a test drive slot and was told that I would need to take it to either NH8 or Greater Noida e-way to test the vehicle's capabilities - and all this when this person knows for sure I won't buy an evo.

PS - I hope I am not presented with the fuel bill after the test drive
Awesome! Look forward to your driving impressions
Old 5th August 2010, 14:20   #423
Senior - BHPian

Evo lovers, watch this video.

Old 5th August 2010, 16:37   #424
BHPian

Visited Maya Motors two weeks back just to see the Evo-x on display. On the first look, I was like -> boy here's a proper street legal sports car. The car is bigger, sportier and oozes sportiness all around. You've got to feel it to believe it. And when I entered in and gripped the steering, that 'sports' feel I felt is something special. No TD available. (obviously I expected that)

With a heavy heart I came down. Opened the door of my rented A-Star. Entered in and instantly, the whole 'A-Star" feel was like this ->
Old 9th August 2010, 13:10   #425
BHPian

Alrite people, here's another update on Mitsubishi's Plans for India, including a new compact car in the B+ Segment(Colt ?).

Here's the link - Mitsubishi bringing small car to India - *Autos - MSN India

What is ironical though is that the article quotes some bloke at Mitsubishi saying - "We can no longer afford to ignore the Indian market. We cannot have a foot-hold in India if we do not have a presence in the small car segment. So, this is not just going to be a logical extension for us but a very crucial one, too. We are exploring ways to tune the 'eco car' we are building in Thailand for India,"

According to a company source, the senior management at its headquarters in Japan are very keen on expanding operations in India. So, they have pushed for a compact premium hatchback here.

The sense of urgency by the bloke at Mitsubishi is apparent, but only just!
As the article's sub-headline reads - Mitsubishi Motors Corporation, Japan’s fourth-largest car maker, has finalised plans to bring the new compact car it is building in Thailand to Indian shores in the next three years.

Mods, kindly merge/edit this post as may be appropriate.
Old 9th August 2010, 14:50   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
From what I gathered from Maya Motors,there will be only one version, with 296 bhp,fully loaded, as seen in the photos few pages ago. And hence, the price cannot be less than 50 L.
Really?

here're are the US prices for BMW 3 series, 5 series and Evo

2011 BMW 3-series sedan : Base Price: $34,025 - $43,475
2011 BMW 5-series sedan : Base Price: $45,425 - $60,575
2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution : Base Price: $34,335 - $41,735

you can see that the Evo top end is priced a shade below 3 series top end.

Here are India
3 series : 26-34L
5 series : 39-59L
Mitsu Evo : 48L

The Evo is priced at ridiculously high levels, right in 5 series territory.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 9th August 2010 at 14:53.
Old 9th August 2010, 20:07   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Really?

here're are the US prices for BMW 3 series, 5 series and Evo

2011 BMW 3-series sedan : Base Price: $34,025 - $43,475
2011 BMW 5-series sedan : Base Price: $45,425 - $60,575
2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution : Base Price: $34,335 - $41,735

you can see that the Evo top end is priced a shade below 3 series top end.

Here are India
3 series : 26-34L
5 series : 39-59L
Mitsu Evo : 48L

The Evo is priced at ridiculously high levels, right in 5 series territory.
We don't have a 335i or 335d in India. Those are the range toppers for the 3 series in the US (sparing the M3, that is a different beast). So I don't think Mitsubishi has gone overboard for a CBU. Compare it with the 370Z that came at 55 lakhs price point and you would realize that every manufacturer is doing the same nonsense!
Old 9th August 2010, 20:40   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
We don't have a 335i or 335d in India. Those are the range toppers for the 3 series in the US (sparing the M3, that is a different beast).
Doesn't mean a thing. The top end 3 series doesn't cut into a 5 series range. Check the Evo prices and you see its right in the middle of 5 series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
So I don't think Mitsubishi has gone overboard for a CBU. Compare it with the 370Z that came at 55 lakhs price point and you would realize that every manufacturer is doing the same nonsense!
Not all. Check out Porsche who priced their Diesel Cayenne less than petrol in India. On the other hand, Toyota priced their 1.4D engine higher than 1.8P. Evo is a cult car, agreed. But this pricing is downright silly.
Old 9th August 2010, 20:48   #429
BHPian

EVO X in Bangalore

I heard EVO X is coming to Bangalore for display - anyone has an update?

It seems to be displayed for the first time officially for public - I know it was unofficially done at Maya Motors, Chennai !!!

Last edited by Malikayil : 9th August 2010 at 20:54.
Old 10th August 2010, 02:25   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
But this pricing is downright silly.
No contest on that. Pricing indeed is downright silly, but I think Mitsubishi's thought process would have been - If others can do it, why can't we!

Btw, Off topic, the BMW prices you quoted do not include any packages (even anti theft system comes in a package!), I considered buying one myself and had to decide against it because the base model is very thinly equipped.
Old 29th September 2010, 20:37   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I am as much a petrol-head as any other, yet have to (unfortunately) agree with you. If I was in the market for a new 50 lakh car, I'd buy the 530d instead. The EVO is an extreme-performance machine like no other on offer in India (< 50 lakh rupees). Still.....50 big ones is way too much for the EVO X. HM-Mitsu is probably targetting the mega-rich boys who have 10 premium cars in the house, and still $$$ to spare.

Actually, if I had a 50 lakh budget for a car, I'd probably buy a used 530d (previous gen) and a used Porsche (or the like). One keeps the family happy, the other me

Awesome! Look forward to your driving impressions
50 LACS.....
Does HM (Mistubishi) even have a sales and marketing team? Do they ever do any market research? Do they wish to go bankrupt? Anyone with good common sense and little intellect can teach them how to sell more cars and make them read team-bhp.

I feel so sad for this company, other day I was at a mall in saket and they had Outlander on display, (I am sorry to say but I discovered that day that this is a petrol vehicle) as soon as the executive told me this is a petrol vehicle, I didnt hear a single thing and got out from the vehicle and asked him why did they launch a petrol SUV (softroader) he said because they are competing with CRV in this segment, then I said "Bhai CRV kitni bik rahi hai jo isko bech loge" and the guy was speechless.

Also, what kind of ad campaign they are doing by highlighting Rohit Bal designs (C'mon we know who rohit bal is just a high profile tailor and not a guy from pininfarnia design house)

I am sorry I writing in such length because it hurts me personally to see companies like these trying to fool customers and make money.

Last edited by Dippy : 29th September 2010 at 22:04. Reason: Please use a maximum of only two smilies per post. Take a stop by the Rules Thanks.
Old 30th September 2010, 00:06   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarun83 View Post
he said because they are competing with CRV in this segment, then I said "Bhai CRV kitni bik rahi hai jo isko bech loge" and the guy was speechless.

1000% right! Wonder how many CRVs the morons running Mitsubishi India see on roads that they came up with a CRV rival. Looks like they will never learn. And the lesser said about their Indian partner, HM, the better.
Old 30th September 2010, 00:34   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarun83 View Post
50 LACS.....

Also, what kind of ad campaign they are doing by highlighting Rohit Bal designs (C'mon we know who rohit bal is just a high profile tailor and not a guy from pininfarnia design house)
rohit bal designed the outlander?
Old 30th September 2010, 00:39   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
rohit bal designed the outlander?
I think it's the other way around. Apparently some his designs are inspired by the Outlander !
Old 30th September 2010, 01:28   #435
BHPian

^^ clothes inspired by an SUV - great :-)
on the topic of the evo x - 50 lacs is crazy! and is this for the 290bhp model or the 400bhp all out model?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks