Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2008, 23:56   #91
BHPian

Niceeeeeeeee

Now we are getting somewhere with real performance for a decent price.
My only concern is how long will HM support EvoX in India.What if they don't get the sales figure and scrap the car after the first year, then will we get the support for the car?
Also if it gets detuned and sells for above 30lakhs then it will be pointless buying this car, I may be wrong please correct me If I am.
But I am glad that EvoX is coming to India.
Cheers
Old 5th April 2008, 00:35   #92
Senior - BHPian

Could they be offering the EVO X Ralliart instead? Its a stripped down verion of the evo x with a little less power and a simplified AWD system.

Mitsubishi: 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO X Ralliart power cars specifications

Last edited by khanak : 5th April 2008 at 00:48.
Old 5th April 2008, 01:06   #93
BHPian

The question for Indian customers would be will 21 or 30 lakhs will be worhtwhile a spend on next to existent a.s.s?(atleast at my part of the world). For me personally a dream car but will the mass market agree?
Old 5th April 2008, 01:19   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueguru View Post
Evo was never preferred by the ultimate luxury hunters. Only a select few who have really followed the marvel of this car will be inclined towards buying it anyways. But from what i could gather, Evo was till now a purely performance oriented alternate to a super car, of course trade offs were heavy in the form of cheap interiors and not so sleek styling( but i love the menacing look)...but the new Evo x will be a far cry from that because they have kept in mind the conventional car driver in mins too. But trust me, If you have been following a little bit of "evolutionism", you wouldn't want to miss out on this engineering master piece. I surely wouldn't want to. I just hope it falls below the 30 lakh margin though, looking at the Indian enthusiast customer.
Right. The only thing is, the Indian "enthusiast customer" is few and far between. The EVO will be playing to a very niche crowd. People who shell out 25 Lacs or thereabout expect a fair deal of luxury. I don't see too many CEOs and successful businessmen opting for an EVO over an A4 or 3 series or C Class. To many of them, it's all about the looks they get when they pull into a hotel lobby or a party in their shiny set of wheels. And a majority of the time the car is chauffeur-driven. It'll be a sad day indeed when an EVO is driven around by a driver with the owner sitting in the back seat! I feel bad seeing Octy RS' which are chauffeur driven... can only imagine what it'll feel like to see a similar scene in an EVO :(

Anyway, I am an enthusiast, and even though I cannot afford one, it'll be AWESOME seeing EVOs on Indian roads. Bring'em on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
The question for Indian customers would be will 21 or 30 lakhs will be worhtwhile a spend on next to existent a.s.s?(atleast at my part of the world).
It's the same in my part of the world as well (am assuming you mean non-existent), and this is one of my biggest concerns regarding Mitsubishi and the new models they are introducing or are going to introduce. Really hope they can pull up their socks. For those who have not experienced HM/Mistu's a.s.s, let me assure you that EVOs and new Lancers and Outlanders will not sell or survive in India with the existing standards that these places have. Truly pathetic.

Last edited by razor4077 : 5th April 2008 at 01:23.
Old 5th April 2008, 04:17   #95
Senior - BHPian

IMO there is a definite enthusiast market in India. More and more people have disposable income now in India and want to spend their money on something that is world class. Look at the number of R1s on the road. Im sure all the owner's non enthusiast friends think he is bananas to spend Civic money on a bike but the owner knows what he is spending his money on. There are also quite a few souped up RSs and other modified cars out there. Enthusiasts in India are starved and there are quite a few people who spend quite a bit on engine swaps and other modifications knowing that they will never get their money back when they sell the vehicle. No one is shocked anymore if you tell them about an ICE install that costs more than a lakh.

As for having a driver, Id actually be pretty happy to have someone drive me through the rush hour - bumper to bumper traffic(even if its an EVO) in Mumbai during the day and unwind in the night. Driving in cities like Mumbai can get really stressful sometimes and it really isnt fun during the day anymore. Im sure this is the case in a lot of other cities in India too. I know driving in Delhi is a pain during rush hour. Post 11 o'clock its a different story though and thats the time when you really get to have some fun.

The EVO X will be our only world class performance option and its upto to Mitsubishi to play their cards right. As India develops the enthusiast market will continue to develop and Mitsubishi has access to more or less the entire market right now and it all depends on how they handle the EVO X.

Last edited by khanak : 5th April 2008 at 04:22.
Old 5th April 2008, 08:57   #96
BHPian

Well, Evo x coming is fine. But with the kind of service HM has been offering till now, I think it will be service at "owners own risk" haha.
Old 5th April 2008, 11:33   #97
BHPian

new website..

They finally seem to have updated their website to reflect the new models and made it look slightly better..
Old 5th April 2008, 11:52   #98
BANNED

Looks like they are using TBHP's 'BHP Silver' theme .
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
They finally seem to have updated their website to reflect the new models and made it look slightly better..
Old 5th April 2008, 15:28   #99
BHPian

21 lakh does not = CEO/MD

Everyone is talking about the CEOs and MDs opting for a C, 3 or A4 over the Evo X. True a CEO or an MD will surely not go for the Evo if it's his only car. But have you noticed how rich India is now? It's the generation where people have multiple vehicles...
Which includes buying cars for your kids...And being a youth in India will never be the same again.

Belonging to the crowd where young people drive relatively expensive cars, and having loads of friends in the same boat as me, the Evo is not a far cry away from what we spend on our rides today, so if the 21 lakh price is true, CEOs and MDs will not be driving the Evo X, their progeny will!!!

That's the larger market that should be targetted...
cheers:
Old 5th April 2008, 18:56   #100
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfx View Post
I think there are enough enthusiasts who are waiting to have something of this league. Accord V6 would be a pony in front of it I would like to see it pitted against a A4 and the 3 Series. Anyone who enjoys a fast car below the age of 35 CANNOT ignore it and nothing will competes with it.

I think in the niche it will create will be fantastic for the category this is a VERY VERY serious price point according to me will damage a LOT of companies who want to enter this segment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
Everyone is talking about the CEOs and MDs opting for a C, 3 or A4 over the Evo X. True a CEO or an MD will surely not go for the Evo if it's his only car.
Valid Points. Firstly, there is simply no car that offers this level of performance below what, the 75 lakh Cayman? A 30 lakh EVO will attract a respectable number of middle-aged enthusiasts or rich-dad kids.

Second, it will rarely be the only car in an Indian household. An EVO will be more of a weekend / sunset toy than a daily driver, for which purpose the C / other sedan is already there.

Yamaha did so with the R1, so I don't see why HM should stop from offering a true performance car with full bill, EMIs, warranty and service backup. This one car alone can spruce up Mitsubishis image in India.

@ HM : Please price it sensibly.
Old 5th April 2008, 20:39   #101
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphin1 View Post
Now we are getting somewhere with real performance for a decent price.
My only concern is how long will HM support EvoX in India.What if they don't get the sales figure and scrap the car after the first year, then will we get the support for the car?
If HM can sell Monteros in limited numbers, then I think they can manage it.

If it's offered with the same engine in detuned condition, no worries. We can always extract some real goodness out of it.
Old 6th April 2008, 00:51   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Valid Points. Firstly, there is simply no car that offers this level of performance below what, the 75 lakh Cayman?

Yamaha did so with the R1, so I don't see why HM should stop from offering a true performance car with full bill, EMIs, warranty and service backup.

@ HM : Please price it sensibly.
Well in response, the Cayman customer will probably still get the Cayman, EVO will not touch that market, but I definately see the sales of Accords, Camrys, and Octavia/Laura RS, Corollas, Civics taking a hit. That is only if the Rs 21 lakh price holds true.

Yes, the R1 is doing relatively well in India, and its the number 1 choice for rich bike enthusiests. Similarly the EVO cult following will definately help sales of the Evo X, and the launch of the Evo X will probably boost sales for the regular next gen Lancer. HM - Mitsubishi will do a lot of business just because these cars look so damn good!!!

@HM Please price it right, we'll even take the watered down RalliArt version, but just price it right!!!
Old 6th April 2008, 07:33   #103
Senior - BHPian

I was getting really excited about the evo x coming to India but somehow my head kept telling me that it was impossible. Besides this isnt the first time we have heard of the EVO coming to India.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...fficially.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ion-india.html
Old 6th April 2008, 09:43   #104
BHPian

Even if EVO comes to India, Considering the A.S.S, It wont be having a good resale value. How about buying it as a 2nd hand instead of a brand new.
Old 6th April 2008, 10:59   #105
Senior - BHPian

i just hope they don't de-tune the engine in ordr to make it more "fuel- efficient" !!! nice to see its finally here!

gotta start saving now!

On another note- there were always imported bikes doing the round - and not as many imported performance cars. If they have the money thye would invest invest it in a accord tht "looks" more expensive. IMHO. the few people who would buy the Evo 7s would be those buying "weekend" cars like boxters etc.

Last edited by madan80 : 6th April 2008 at 11:05.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks