Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 17:17   #241
BHPian

I used to jump and open up the thread whenever it is updated. Now it is like yaaaaawn.. what's the new date? (The thread was started in March 2008)

They got the new design Lancer and Evo X in 2007 - That's good 4 years.

I don't care if the problem is HM's or Mitsu's - They simply don't update their product line. I just cannot believe they are still selling their antiquated lancers and 2004 lancer as Cedia.

From a mitsu fan to mitsu-don't care guy in a matter of couple of years.

Let's see if the Mitsu brings the 'new-look' Lancer to India anytime soon.
Old 7th June 2010, 17:19   #242
Senior - BHPian

and look at that pricing ! 14 lakhs for this 3 year old version ?
Old 7th June 2010, 17:48   #243
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! I'm gonna tell my dad to wait for this!!

cant believe we'll get this here! yay
Old 7th June 2010, 19:08   #244
BHPian

Finally The New Lancer!

I am using the new lancer for more than 2 years now and I am happy with it. The price of 14 lakhs might be on the high side. The car is in a different league than the cedias. Way better in the driving experience. Good road manners and well planted at high speeds (I touched 200kmph couple of time and the car was rock solid). I wont be able to comment on the engine though as I am driving the 2 ltr version not the 1.8 ltr.

I had checked the new corolla and civic at that time and happily settled for the Lancer GT even before seeing it in flesh. That's another story as I am planning to put up the long term review soon.

And if they will provide the equipment level as in middle east or in US, all the Mitsubishi fans are in for a treat.

Some features from the high end model are listed below:
Rockford Fosgate 6 CD mp3 changer via 9 way audio with Sub and Amp, Steering mounted audio and cruise control, Sun-roof, 215/45 tires on 18-inch alloys, HID projector beam head lamps with Adaptive Front Lighting, Auto headlamps, rain sensing wipers, Automatic A/C, Key-less operation and paddle shift* (* Only for CVT)

Edit: The striking shark face can be seen in my Avatar

Last edited by jaguar.runs : 7th June 2010 at 19:15. Reason: to add details
Old 7th June 2010, 19:09   #245
Senior - BHPian

I heard from a guy in SVR motors in Bangalore that the new Lancer and one more model (Outlander variant IIRC) is expected to launch this year.
Old 10th June 2010, 10:51   #246
Senior - BHPian

^^Chennai dealer Maya motors is highly skeptical about New Lancer coming. They are only talking about EVO X, which a prototype was there in Chennai showroom few weeks ago and it has now gone for testing - the salesman said yesterday. Expected in a month or two, but as usual, nobody knows the launch date. But he said for sure New Lancer IS NOT coming this year to India. sigh...
Old 10th June 2010, 12:29   #247
BHPian

Hey guys. I have been probing about the new lance with the dealer here in Bangalore too since December and in the process put off buying the Fiesta 1.6S that time.

I know they are saying its not on cards for a launch but I feel it will be here sooner rather than later. I also know that this news has been doing rounds since 2008 but then, in 2008 the Cedia was just a 2 year old car on the Indian market and now in 2010 it is 4 year old and coming to the end if and average product life cycle of 4-5 years.

So i am holding up buying a car for this very reason and hope that we will see the new Lance on our roads soon.

I just hope my old faithful 19 year old 800 holds up till then. Amen!!!!
Old 10th June 2010, 17:50   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Devil View Post
I just hope my old faithful 19 year old 800 holds up till then. Amen!!!!

Come on Mitsubishi, some one has been waiting for you for 19 LONG YEARS..

What an upgrade that would be!

I think atleast once a day when the new lancer will hit the indian roads but everytime I do I go .

But ofcourse, a month back, the North India manager told me that the EVO and pajero sport are to be launched soon, no signs of lancer atleast this year. These guys went to Japan for some training of the EVO.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 10th June 2010 at 17:53.
Old 10th June 2010, 20:31   #249
BHPian

So when exactly can we expect the Evo on the Indian roads ?

I am definitely getting one !!
Old 10th June 2010, 20:51   #250
BHPian

Evo X in India? I think its tentative. The market is going to be very small and will find very few takers in my opinion. Nonetheless, its nice to have such good cars coming to India.
Off topic: I feel Mitu should call it quits with HM and go their own way.
Old 10th June 2010, 21:51   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Evo X in India? I think its tentative. The market is going to be very small and will find very few takers in my opinion. Nonetheless, its nice to have such good cars coming to India.
Off topic: I feel Mitu should call it quits with HM and go their own way.

It was the same for the 500 but Fiat brought it for Brand development and it worked and I am sure it would be the same for Mitsubishi !!

And yes I think they need a better partner than HM !!!
Old 10th June 2010, 23:30   #252
Senior - BHPian

Well if you come to look at it,fiat sold a small number of 500s compared to the beetle.I dont really think having a "halo" car really helps a manufacturer improve/establish its image.
Old 11th June 2010, 10:40   #253
BHPian

Hmmm ....

Anyways they never expected high numbers and also the cars are made to order and takes 3-4 months !!

I just want an evo lol I dont care how many they sell but I am getting one.

Need to convince my father
Old 11th June 2010, 10:45   #254
Senior - BHPian

Evo X has been slated for India for the last 2 years.But its going to come at a pricey tag of 30 Lakhs +.Will there be takers considering the poor after sales service of HM and Mitsubishi in India?I dont think so.
Old 11th June 2010, 11:02   #255
Senior - BHPian

^^ Poor after sales service? My friend, not from Mitsubishi dealers as far as I know. If you are considering availability of service centers all over India, they are very poor. But, wherever they are, service has been always top class and most of the Mitsubishi owners would second my statement. And when EVO comes, I expect the service and attention to be even more special. My car completing 3 years in Sept this year and the service has been excellent in Chennai.
Sure EVO will sell, not in thousands as Figos but, in 10s and 20s every month.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks