Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2010, 12:20   #376
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer.ized View Post
2.2kmpl thats unacceptable
when one is insane enough to spend 50 laks on a 20 lak car i dont think hes gonna see the maruti ad and buy a lancer lol. but true that. this car is a HIT at 20 laks go on mitsubishi shock us all.
Old 17th July 2010, 12:38   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
when one is insane enough to spend 50 laks on a 20 lak car i dont think hes gonna see the maruti ad and buy a lancer lol. but true that. this car is a HIT at 20 laks go on mitsubishi shock us all.
Even 30 is ok and the numbers will be decent but anything over that is . At 20, we ll see it selling like hot cakes with good amount of bookings. I am already imagining a 10 yr old evo with 3rd or 4th owner waiting in CNG queue.
Old 17th July 2010, 22:53   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is only when you drive it on the edge. If you are going to drive it sanely, it would return respectable figures for an engine as powerful as it is.
Old 17th July 2010, 23:08   #379
oss
BHPian

Quote:
not really i have engine oil and all in the veins and when your pocket is going to be poorer by 50 laks your BRAIN has to be in the right senses. its a mitsubishi afterall no matter how good.
That's the problem; it's not for you the moment you bring brain into the deal. It's for those who purely go by heart and of course have wads of black money and a company name to purchase it and claim depreciation benefits under.

Not meant for those who plan to buy it with their post tax money.
Old 17th July 2010, 23:11   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Err! Jesal its HM. the same board that has been making decision for Ambassador designs for the past so many years and selling those to Indian Govt on strange circumstances.

I have very little hope from them and Damn you HM for treating us petrol-heads like S**T.
Old 18th July 2010, 04:03   #381
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
That's the problem; it's not for you the moment you bring brain into the deal. It's for those who purely go by heart and of course have wads of black money and a company name to purchase it and claim depreciation benefits under.

Not meant for those who plan to buy it with their post tax money.
one cannot buy a 50 lak car with full black money and not come under the scanner. not possible in todays standard. india is going a little strict from what it used to be
Old 18th July 2010, 08:15   #382
BHPian

Mitsubishi plans to buy Hind Motors' South India plant

Mitsubishi is reportedly planning to buy HM's TN plant and start its own operations.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...id=35746&rn=35
Old 18th July 2010, 08:40   #383
oss
BHPian

Quote:
one cannot buy a 50 lak car with full black money and not come under the scanner. not possible in todays standard. india is going a little strict from what it used to be
Purchase will be straight to claim depreciation. Black money is to burn it on fuel, and then show a higher resale to convert some more of the black stuff to white.
Old 18th July 2010, 08:51   #384
Senior - BHPian

Come on guys,Evo is not about what ya expect from a 3 or C or A4. So pl dont compare em with Evo. This is a true blooded sports car and i am sure neither Mitsu nor HM (ahem) will not expect volumes like 3,C,A4. And none who knows this car and would want to buy will be thinking about the luxury and "status" which a BMW,Merc and Audi can give. Anyway people who can afford this will already have one in the above 3 to provide luxury for em.
Its surely gonna be a success. But sucess doesnt mean huge volume.
Old 18th July 2010, 14:51   #385
BHPian

If by any chance Mitsubishi price the car near 21 lakhs,we could be heading towards another Toyota Fortuner story.
Old 18th July 2010, 23:59   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What scanner buddy? Here is AP, rural rich folks walk into BMW showrooms, throw 1 crore cash on his desk and walk out with a shiny beemer. India getting strict, my foot. All that strictness is for "aam junta". Not for super rich. Don't be so naive.
Old 19th July 2010, 01:33   #387
Senior - BHPian

The Evo used to be about mental performance in a practical package and always VFM. Not any more, the X is far more civilized and a lot lot more expensive.

Starting at 30k of Elizabeth's pounds its no more really a bargain performance car anymore. Worser even is its real world ride and running costs, The base FQ300 gives around 8-9 km/lt (flat out, you'll get about 3) in real world UK driving and perhaps a lot lot worse in Indian traffic. And a joke of a fuel tank at 55 ltrs, one better be sure that on a long drive there are plenty of pumps on the way serving premium unleaded.

Then the tyres, especially the fronts, if you intend to use your car like its meant to be, will be eaten up at around 10k on the EvoX (symbolic eh!!). A set of four (u dont do just 2 tyres with different wear/tear on a 300 horses car) replaced is another 600 pounds (better part of Rs.40k). We haven't discussed the servicing costs yet. All this is reflected in the few EvoXs on local roads.

Then again one can claim this was not meant to be a cheap run about, true but plenty of better options about here. The RS is a beast that can put up a fight and beat the Evo on day to day use, and is a lot cheaper. Put in a bit more and one gets a VXR, supercar performance with 4 doors and a 411 bhp V8. Personally Id go for a run in latest shaped E90 M3, it'll run rings around the X any day.

As far as brand image is concerned, the public gives two hoots about the Mitsubishi Evo X. Those who do care, knew this car existed long ago but never thought about a Mistubishi when buying their day to day car. The reason their volumes are declining in India is their model line up isn't the best. No more practical diesel lancers that they were renowned for. Their smallest car the Colt, if in India will be overpriced and outdated compared to the Jazz. They need to take a leaf from the likes of Figo and make an India specific car.
Old 19th July 2010, 01:49   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul016 View Post
If by any chance Mitsubishi price the car near 21 lakhs,we could be heading towards another Toyota Fortuner story.
I am sorry but this is unrealistic. Check the Evo X's prices in US, and convert it into Rs after 105% duty. Or you could use the same scale of markup as in Camry or Teana.
The Indian version seems to be the high end spec Evo X, and that will atleast cost over 45l.
Old 19th July 2010, 09:42   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you see the recent ad by Maruti involving a super luxury cruise ship? "Kitna dega?".! If this is not acceptable.well there is MARUTI for you.
When I bought Cedia, all my friends in Chennai asked me the same question "How much Mileage it gives "? And they were expecting me to give figure in 2 decimals. My answer was "I DON'T KNOW". Yes, When I bought the Cedia, I din't care how much it gives. I wanted a good performance car to suit my personality and driving style and this was it.
So, If it suits you buy it.
Why we din't ask how much SLS AMG would give and whether that would be acceptable or not?
Old 19th July 2010, 10:34   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
What scanner buddy? Here is AP, rural rich folks walk into BMW showrooms, throw 1 crore cash on his desk and walk out with a shiny beemer. India getting strict, my foot. All that strictness is for "aam junta". Not for super rich. Don't be so naive.

The Rich Folks that you are referring to, have tons of cash - correct & that too tax free, BECAUSE it supposedly comes from Agricultural Income, which we all know is tax free.

If you or I or any person without the agricultural income tax free shield does the above, you will have a lot of explaining to do. It is common knowledge here in the North - that when you buy a Merc from a dealership, your ITR is bound to come under scrutiny, unless you have been showing decent enough tax returns for long enough.

Think that should put things in the right prespective.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 19th July 2010 at 10:35.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed