Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2010, 16:14   #406
BHPian

48 lakhs for the Evo X seems like daylight robbery to me. When will our country ease up on all this import tax, this tax , that tax , cause-i-felt-like-it tax and let cars have an easier to deal with retail price...

Price of the lancer EVo X Mr Touring edition = 41,735$
which works out to about 19,63,844 before tax This is for the fully loaded version mind you ..not sure about what we will be getting here.

When will they learn

here's the linky : Mitsubishi Motors - Build & Price
Old 27th July 2010, 16:24   #407
BHPian

I'm a bhp-maniac alright. but I can't buy 0.75XCAR for the price of 2XCAR.

and whoever says that a localised version would become akin to a boat, i disagree! it all depends on what quality benchmark you set for yourself.
Old 27th July 2010, 16:34   #408
BHPian

ridiculous price for a mitsu, when will these guys learn. i love the evo and the whole thought process behind it but no way would think of pickin it up if i had that kind of money to burn. its daylight robbery with a big bloomin sign! not cool .
Old 27th July 2010, 17:26   #409
Senior - BHPian

From what I gathered from Maya Motors,there will be only one version, with 296 bhp,fully loaded, as seen in the photos few pages ago. And hence, the price cannot be less than 50 L.
This version is quoted in BBC's Topgear as 30 Grand Pounds, which is 22 Lac Rupees, which taxed at 110% will sure work out somewhere between 45 Lac.s And is not far off from international prices and I don't see any looting here, if we can pay for Honda Civic which should cost anywhere between 8-9 Lacs and we are paying 15+ even though not a CBU!
Old 27th July 2010, 20:00   #410
Senior - BHPian

Hahaha....if that car has 296 bhp, then we are talking about the base FQ300 which costs anywhere between £30-33k (forgetting the plump discounts going on here right now!!). That is somewhere in the range of 21 to 23 lacs. The Duty and Taxes in the UK are a rip off as well, so mostly CBUs in India should be priced 45-50% more in India.

For eg. a CRV manual would cost £21k (14.7 lacs in Rs.) in the UK and in India its approx 22lacs. So an almost 50% increase.

But in the case of a loaded FQ300 at £33k should cost say around 35lacs max as a CBU in India. If they say 50LACS instead, then its Rip Off!!!!
Old 28th July 2010, 10:03   #411
Senior - BHPian

^^ In case of CR-V, it could be possible it comes to UK also as CBU. CR-V in Dubai costs from 90,000 - 120,000 Dirhams, (£19,000 - £21,000), which is almost same as the price in UK, where more taxes are slapped.
In India, all CBUs attract 110% Import Duty. If assembled in India, CR-V should cost somewhere in the range of 10-11 Lacs only.
Old 28th July 2010, 11:00   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Hahaha....if that car has 296 bhp, then we are talking about the base FQ300 which costs anywhere between £30-33k (forgetting the plump discounts going on here right now!!). That is somewhere in the range of 21 to 23 lacs. The Duty and Taxes in the UK are a rip off as well, so mostly CBUs in India should be priced 45-50% more in India.

For eg. a CRV manual would cost £21k (14.7 lacs in Rs.) in the UK and in India its approx 22lacs. So an almost 50% increase.

But in the case of a loaded FQ300 at £33k should cost say around 35lacs max as a CBU in India. If they say 50LACS instead, then its Rip Off!!!!
i dont know about the FQ 300 but i wouldnt mind paying 50 lakhs if they were selling the FQ 450 here. but this price is for the regular untouched evo, bone stock straight out of the factory. if only we could get the FQ series of cars here. But i'm sure they would cost a bomb!
Old 28th July 2010, 13:42   #413
Senior - BHPian

The FQ450 was a swan song for the IX version. The present Evo X does not have a 450.
Old 28th July 2010, 13:47   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
The FQ450 was a swan song for the IX version. The present Evo X does not have a 450.
Well there is a Evo X FQ400
Old 28th July 2010, 16:41   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEM View Post
Guys
Check this out....another year and the true blue race car will be here...(albeit at a price).......

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution @ Rs 21.7 lakh

So does this mean it curtains for our good old amby??

Regs
OEM
Great! But how is Evo X going to draw down the curtains on the Amby? The news feed does not say that.

BH.
Old 4th August 2010, 11:23   #416
BHPian

One confirmation -
Evo Price is confirmed at INR 48L

And 4 updates -
Evo Launch date - 12th August
Pajero Sports would come around March '11.
Autodrome coming up in Moti Nagar (West Delhi)
Dealership and auth service center coming up by this year end in Gurgaon

I have been promised a test drive slot and was told that I would need to take it to either NH8 or Greater Noida e-way to test the vehicle's capabilities - and all this when this person knows for sure I won't buy an evo.

PS - I hope I am not presented with the fuel bill after the test drive
Old 4th August 2010, 12:03   #417
Senior - BHPian

When not spend more around 10lakhs or so and get the 535i one of the best engines with twin turbo and can be chipped to 400+ hp. That's luxury and monster power hand in hand.
A complete rip-off.
Old 4th August 2010, 12:36   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
When not spend more around 10lakhs or so and get the 535i one of the best engines with twin turbo and can be chipped to 400+ hp. That's luxury and monster power hand in hand.
A complete rip-off.

Some would say that this thread is wasted on you, let me be the first one .
The Evo is more than just a certain number of horses being churned out, it's as close to philosophy as a car gets.

Mitsubishi knows that people who thing along the same lines as you would never buy this car, so I don't think they are overtly worried about competition from BMW.
Old 4th August 2010, 15:06   #419
Senior - BHPian

It's not always just about 300Hp & 400+nm of raw power or handling. Both the engines produces power very close. However BMW uses twin turbo with minimal lag that adds to it's advantage. Well it could matter most if I was not living in India and had option to pick one It would definitely be the Evo X with tuned by Vishnu Performance. More than HP figure I would look at the WHP figure. It is also noted that lot of noise insulation stuff has been cut down here to save on the weight. I would like to see how it performs on Indian Roads. It's not just about the drag strip that counts. However each one has it's own perspective the way we look at. If BMW brings the 335i M sport version it would be a close call between the two.
Here's a video just for the comparo between the two engines
Old 4th August 2010, 15:23   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
It's not always just about 300Hp & 400+nm of raw power or handling. Both the engines produces power very close. However BMW uses twin turbo with minimal lag that adds to it's advantage. Well it could matter most if I was not living in India and had option to pick one It would definitely be the Evo X with tuned by Vishnu Performance. More than HP figure I would look at the WHP figure. It is also noted that lot of noise insulation stuff has been cut down here to save on the weight. I would like to see how it performs on Indian Roads. It's not just about the drag strip that counts. However each one has it's own perspective the way we look at. If BMW brings the 335i M sport version it would be a close call between the two.
Here's a video just for the comparo between the two engines
Thank you for the video. This just confirms that the Evo is better handler than the BMW in street races (noted the BMW oversteer at the curves). And street is the natural habitat of the Evo.
Straight road racing has actually laid the foundation for the proverb "No replacement for Displacement". The BMW with the bigger engine would definitely perform better in drags but in the twisties the story was entirely different.

Plus, you won't like to thrash your BMW like your Mitsu.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed