Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2008, 20:16   #61
Senior - BHPian

Sounds like an april fool's day prank especially with the 21 lakh price.
Old 1st April 2008, 20:18   #62
Senior - BHPian

I'd guess the Evo ought to be more in the range of Rs 30-34 lakhs..
A well loaded Evo costs close to $40K!
Old 1st April 2008, 20:52   #63
Senior - BHPian

In the beginning Many people wrote off the launch of EVO in India.
Im glad its gonna be launched in India. Just hope HM prices it properly
and positions it well !
Old 1st April 2008, 23:54   #64
Senior - BHPian

The Video of the Evo 8 vs the Lambo truely shows what the EVO is all about.

loved the line "A fit young racing driver in a Super car and he cannot pull away from a Fat man in a 4 door saloon"

Knowing HM they will position it as a Luxury Sedan without highlighting its performance specs.
Old 2nd April 2008, 00:15   #65
BHPian

unfortunately i was reading somewhere that the evo X is no longer like the evo 9 or 8 and is more of a family sedan with sporty performance thrown in

Here found it - its the wrx vs evo x review Impreza WRX STi versus Lancer Evolution X: the match-up! : Nihon Car .com

hope this is not true "you cannot honestly consider those 2 vehicles as "sportscars" anymore, but rather some "Sports Family Sedans"."
Old 2nd April 2008, 00:56   #66
BHPian

wow! this is great news...! a final blow to all those cars with the "sporty" tag in india!!!
Mitsubishi will be happy with the sales figures even if its priced over 25lakhs!
Old 2nd April 2008, 01:08   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
unfortunately i was reading somewhere that the evo X is no longer like the evo 9 or 8 and is more of a family sedan with sporty performance thrown in
It actually is on the same lines. The Evo X is a 'cranked up' Mitsubishi Lancer. The Lancer has a 2.0L engine with 150bhp,while the Evo's got the same 2.0L engine,but with 265bhp. A 4 door car,with everything that matches the Lancer. So yes,it does seem to be a sporty family sedan.

As for the comparison with the WRX,its quite a tight call. The Evo beats the WRX in a few segments,and being 35bhp lesser,it costs a good $8-10K cheaper than the WRX.
Old 2nd April 2008, 01:10   #68
BANNED

welcome to india whenever another overpriced car to join the gang.
Old 2nd April 2008, 12:05   #69
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
unfortunately i was reading somewhere that the evo X is no longer like the evo 9 or 8
Thats exactly what I have been hearing too. It is not as lethal / sharp / on the razors edge as the EVO 9.

Nevertheless, it is more than welcome on our shores. Bring it on, HM!
Old 2nd April 2008, 16:13   #70
BHPian

yes even in its less lethal avatar its better than having no true performance car in the country and I am sure theres a bhpian or two out there who will modify the evo X to perform like the evo 8/9

Is there ever a plan to have the subaru wrx hatch in india, wonder how HM will handle the competition. ON 2nd thought most of the rich yet uninitiated buyers will discard the wrx as an overpriced hatch and get to comparing the luxury sedans like accord, camry with evo x
Old 2nd April 2008, 20:32   #71
BHPian

WOW @21 lakh it'll really turn the indian auto market upside down...I can imagine the roads now, Evos flying by driven by juveniles and people who have not had licences for more than 8 years...

Great I'd fit right in...just put 5 rupees in my piggy bank
Old 3rd April 2008, 10:58   #72
BHPian

Quote:
ON 2nd thought most of the rich yet uninitiated buyers will discard the wrx as an overpriced hatch and get to comparing the luxury sedans like accord, camry with evo x
I do agree. Even I dont find this car worth even 21 lakhs ( ex showroom as expected) for normal car buyers unless one wants to participate in a car race / rally. 290+ bhp for a car is definitely mouth watering but as a package if this cant provide for the creature comforts and feel of luxury with essential features, then it may only sell in low numbers.

I would like to hire it for a weekend break but not buy it. I would rather buy an accord V6 with 270 hp when its launched here or better still an Accord 2.4 with 180 hp at a lower sticker price and yet enjoy my ride as much. for speed freaks - whats bad with Skoda RS for that matter at almost 60% of the price.
Old 3rd April 2008, 13:35   #73
BHPian

well shatruganha if you have seen the evo VIII vs lambo video you would see there are features like computerized yaw control and other aspects of handling which make it an excellent sports car to own.
I would certainly want to own this car or the wrx, even if that was my primary car then again maybe i will buy a cheap old zen (and ofcourse mod it a bit) as use that as my rush hour car

heres the vid if you haven't seen it

keep in mind thats the evo VIII not X which we are talking about here. The evo X it seems has been made a bit more family friendly!!
Old 3rd April 2008, 19:31   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
I do agree. Even I dont find this car worth even 21 lakhs ( ex showroom as expected) for normal car buyers unless one wants to participate in a car race / rally. 290+ bhp for a car is definitely mouth watering but as a package if this cant provide for the creature comforts and feel of luxury with essential features, then it may only sell in low numbers.

I would like to hire it for a weekend break but not buy it. I would rather buy an accord V6 with 270 hp when its launched here or better still an Accord 2.4 with 180 hp at a lower sticker price and yet enjoy my ride as much. for speed freaks - whats bad with Skoda RS for that matter at almost 60% of the price.
Power hardly means much. Comparing an accord to an EVO is a complete . Put both on track and the evo will hand the accord its rear end.
Old 4th April 2008, 03:12   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well shatruganha if you have seen the evo VIII vs lambo video you would see there are features like computerized yaw control and other aspects of handling which make it an excellent sports car to own.
I would certainly want to own this car or the wrx, even if that was my primary car then again maybe i will buy a cheap old zen (and ofcourse mod it a bit) as use that as my rush hour car
Exactly - A sensible Swift Diesel for weekdays and an EVO X for the weekends.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks