Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2008, 03:54   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Also, EVO and VFM are rarely used in the same sentence.
A $30k car that can beat a Murcielago around a track. If thats not VFM what is?
Old 4th April 2008, 04:39   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
I do agree. Even I dont find this car worth even 21 lakhs ( ex showroom as expected) for normal car buyers unless one wants to participate in a car race / rally. 290+ bhp for a car is definitely mouth watering but as a package if this cant provide for the creature comforts and feel of luxury with essential features, then it may only sell in low numbers.

I would like to hire it for a weekend break but not buy it. I would rather buy an accord V6 with 270 hp when its launched here or better still an Accord 2.4 with 180 hp at a lower sticker price and yet enjoy my ride as much. for speed freaks - whats bad with Skoda RS for that matter at almost 60% of the price.
I am stunned - You say 'I do agree' and contradict the next line! - May be you missed what jassi said!

Each car serves its purporse - Evo X is not for people who think Accord is an alternative to the same. Can I say what is wrong with Civic for 50% of the same, and what is wrong with swift for 35% of the same and so on?

There have been complaints about Evo not catering to people who like interiors too. (like me). Looks like they gave ear, and interiors, sound system and the rest is a notch above the earlier ones.

If I had that money, I'll surely take an Evo over Accords and Camrys and Skodas. I am glad Mitsu is bringing the car to India.
Old 4th April 2008, 05:18   #78
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
unfortunately i was reading somewhere that the evo X is no longer like the evo 9 or 8 and is more of a family sedan with sporty performance thrown in

Here found it - its the wrx vs evo x review Impreza WRX STi versus Lancer Evolution X: the match-up! : Nihon Car .com

hope this is not true "you cannot honestly consider those 2 vehicles as "sportscars" anymore, but rather some "Sports Family Sedans"."
Quote:
Thats exactly what I have been hearing too. It is not as lethal / sharp / on the razors edge as the EVO 9.

Nevertheless, it is more than welcome on our shores. Bring it on, HM!

I can tell you, neither of these cars or any less sporty or should be considered "sports family sedans".

They are both awesome cars, and arguably the best iterations to date. Myself being a hardcore car nut, with the pleasure to have access to a wide range of insane cars, the last couple EVO's and STI were just too "hardcore" for daily use in my opinion(that too on or nice roads here in the US.. and the STI being the less harsh of the two). The rides were not daily use friendly, and in the end cut out a lot of potential customers. These new versions are just as nimble in the corners, and brake just as well as before, but they do it in a more comfortable manner(refined feeling).

A very good friend and I did a lot of research on the new STI and after all, he/we ended up buying one ten states away without ever driving one. I happened to be traveling out east, he met up with me after he bought it and we drove the 800+ miles back home. that car is amazing.. The ride is perfect, the braking is simply amazing, the features are stunning, and there is a lot of untapped HP just waiting to be unleashed(my job ).

Do not worry, the EVO X entering the Indian market WILL NOT DISAPPOINT. And if it gets a good response(good sales), it could change the sports car landscape in India forever(for the better).

I am very excited to see this and will have to convince one of my cousins or bro in law to buy one. :P

Last edited by HPP : 4th April 2008 at 05:19.
Old 4th April 2008, 05:34   #79
Senior - BHPian

I dont know if anyone remembers, but VBH drove a VI around the Fifth Gear test track faster than a IX.

Last edited by khanak : 4th April 2008 at 05:36.
Old 4th April 2008, 10:09   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
If I had that money, I'll surely take an Evo over Accords and Camrys and Skodas. I am glad Mitsu is bringing the car to India.

I dont have the money, but i surely will be searching deep into my pocket... or my dad's

Can't wait! Hope they dont dissappoint us!
Old 4th April 2008, 10:35   #81
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
They are both awesome cars, and arguably the best iterations to date. Myself being a hardcore car nut, with the pleasure to have access to a wide range of insane cars, the last couple EVO's and STI were just too "hardcore" for daily use in my opinion(that too on or nice roads here in the US.. and the STI being the less harsh of the two). The rides were not daily use friendly, and in the end cut out a lot of potential customers. These new versions are just as nimble in the corners, and brake just as well as before, but they do it in a more comfortable manner(refined feeling).
I am sure you have driven one already! How about putting up a test-drive report for us so we know what to expect?
Old 4th April 2008, 11:15   #82
BHPian

Maaan! I just cant wait for the evo to drop in! I see dreams of it so often !!!
Old 4th April 2008, 11:31   #83
BHPian

I cant believe what the EVO is capable of - just saw the video and its cool.

Cant wait to see when they bring it to India.

RD
Old 4th April 2008, 13:04   #84
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
I am sure you have driven one already! How about putting up a test-drive report for us so we know what to expect?
I actually haven't had the pleasure yet(only the '08 STI), but I'm guessing I'll be able to get my hands on one this spring. They are just too new and people locally haven't started playing with them yet..

My understanding of the EVO X is from US forums/owners/US articles regarding the handling, power, features, etc.. It is a great car, just more civilized now. I'll give my further input once I get my hands on one.

Last edited by HPP : 4th April 2008 at 13:07.
Old 4th April 2008, 14:14   #85
BHPian

EVO X has such a fan following that even before launch here, it seems to be acquiring a cult status even if it is its 20 seconds of fame in case, HM cancels its plans or prices is above 30lakhs as someone was speculating.

well friends, I do understand that a performance car cant be compared to a sedan ( Accord v/s EVO) but what I was trying to convey is that to me it didnt make much sense to buy an EVO if it lacks creature comfort and in the similar price , I would rather prefer an Accord V6.

Anyway, that was before, I read your reactions- pardon me for my ignorance for offending any sentiments, but I will surely look at EVO ( feel it) before making my next comment on it or comparing it with any family sedan.
Old 4th April 2008, 14:21   #86
Senior - BHPian

An EVO10 on road, thru CBU route by HMIL cannot cost less than 30lacs. Unless they strip a lot of things from the car[which means then it will be an upgraded Lancer]. its still worth every penny at 30lacs, given our country's duties and taxes. God alone knows where all these collections are employed, since all infrastructure today is being done by Private companies, so Govt revenues just go for the farmers and elected reps.
Old 4th April 2008, 17:13   #87
Senior - BHPian

Are EVO Xs made in USA? If they are imported from Japan I think the base price would be cheaper as one doesnt have to include transportation and duties one pays while getting the car into the US.
Old 4th April 2008, 17:18   #88
Senior - BHPian

One performance car awaited here by many enthusiasts ,but how many takers would be an issue with this price,whether it is value for money or not.
ram
Old 4th April 2008, 17:53   #89
BHPian

Evo was never preferred by the ultimate luxury hunters. Only a select few who have really followed the marvel of this car will be inclined towards buying it anyways. But from what i could gather, Evo was till now a purely performance oriented alternate to a super car, of course trade offs were heavy in the form of cheap interiors and not so sleek styling( but i love the menacing look)...but the new Evo x will be a far cry from that because they have kept in mind the conventional car driver in mins too. But trust me, If you have been following a little bit of "evolutionism", you wouldn't want to miss out on this engineering master piece. I surely wouldn't want to. I just hope it falls below the 30 lakh margin though, looking at the Indian enthusiast customer.
Old 4th April 2008, 19:32   #90
BHPian

If it is priced within the 23 bracket then I think there would be NO OTHER car in that price point that can remotely compete with it, I think there are enough enthusiasts who are waiting to have something of this league. Accord V6 would be a pony in front of it I would like to see it pitted against a A4 and the 3 Series. Anyone who enjoys a fast car below the age of 35 CANNOT ignore it and nothing will competes with it.

I think in the niche it will create will be fantastic for the category this is a VERY VERY serious price point according to me will damage a LOT of companies who want to enter this segment. Cant imagine a Laura vRS or Accord V6 priced at 20+Lacs I LOVE THIS.

Hope this happens, I'd surely be outside HM when its out.

Best Regards,

Satyam.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks