Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2008, 10:31   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
I am absolutely sure that the technicians will be trained, perhaps HM will turn a new leaf with the launch of the new lancer and Evo.
One can only hope. The way things are right now... ask any Mitsubishi customer. To give you an idea, neither of the two HM authorized service centres in Cal have an injector cleaner
Old 8th April 2008, 10:37   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
... HM would be having a tough time marketing this one in the right slot.
ram

I suppose it makes a lot of sense to bring in a car if you have launched something similar leading to this launch before. I am sure HM will wonder exactly how to position this car- as performance, or performance+ luxury or niche...

Much like the Cinquecento that Fiat is planning to launch in India, though at a different target.
Old 8th April 2008, 11:03   #123
Senior - BHPian

Maybe a run across the country educating the targeted customers would do the trick.
ram
Old 8th April 2008, 11:39   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Maybe a run across the country educating the targeted customers would do the trick.
ram

I know what you mean. Fiat club members had initially been extremely eager to be part of the drive, until one of the first members complained how boring it was to drive at 80 as part of a motorcade on a smooth empty expressway.

This is a big country and car buyers are still mostly in the cities. So, I have no idea what Fiat gained from the drive across small towns and villages. Week long car shows in many towns would have had a bigger impact. The only gain is that people are vaguely aware that Fiat is thinking about its presence in India, and not simply sleeping.

But Mitsubishi could consider having demos at tracks across the country to show off the capacity of the car.

If people can buy Rs 25000 bicycles with nowhere to ride them, there would definitely be people buying these cars, if only because they have nothing better to do with their money.

Awareness is the main hindrance to Mitsubishi in India.
Old 8th April 2008, 12:17   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orren1 View Post
Lancer today has become what it is because of HM, their mindset is of the Amby era and they should stick to just making Amby's.
Also, I see no point in HM trying to bring in the EVO since their A.S.S is pathetic and for people who do want it can import it.
Wonder what the shrewd Japanese brains think? Cant they do without HM in India? What kind of study they did before venturing with them in India. HM can be simply judged based on what they have done to the Amby so far. It basically remains the same and no new versions or anything at all.

They could even have tied up with a company like Bajaj which looks fresh and hungry to succeed. Or cant they handle the market themselves! They have some decent small cars and sedans! Pity them that they cant tap the potential of this market.
Old 8th April 2008, 15:15   #126
BHPian

Hi guys,

might be OT but it is interesting.. check it out!

Cheers,
Shrey
Old 8th April 2008, 20:32   #127
BHPian

Will it come with CNG option like our very own Cedia ??
Old 15th April 2008, 02:30   #128
BHPian

Just read in April Autocar that the new lancer will be coming in early 2009 with pricetag of 11-13 lakhs & EVO X will cost anywhere in between 35-40 lakhs.
Old 15th April 2008, 03:10   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Just read in April Autocar that the new lancer will be coming in early 2009 with pricetag of 11-13 lakhs & EVO X will cost anywhere in between 35-40 lakhs.
Rs 35-40 lakhs? Wow..I wonder how many Evos will sell with a price tag like that.Closer to the Rs 30 lakh mark,and it might make some impact.
Old 15th April 2008, 19:58   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
There goes my dream of buying an EVO!! I was seriously considering buying an EVO instead of investing in a house.
Old 16th April 2008, 16:24   #131
Senior - BHPian

35-40L. I guess that's more believable than the sub-25L tag that was mentioned on this thread. And I think that also means the EVO will be out of reach of most people... which in a way is good. It demands exclusivity.... would suck to see EVOs being used as rush hour "vahans". The high price tag would mean they would be bought primarily by enthusiasts, who hopefully will be able to take them to a track from time to time, or at least drive an EVO like it should be driven

Last edited by razor4077 : 16th April 2008 at 16:26.
Old 16th April 2008, 23:32   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
There goes my dream of buying an EVO!! I was seriously considering buying an EVO instead of investing in a house.
Say what? car vs house. Thats quite extreme!

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
35-40L. I guess that's more believable than the sub-25L tag that was mentioned on this thread. And I think that also means the EVO will be out of reach of most people...
Same old same old story. Juicy cars, which are not too exp abroad are out of reach for most of us.

These Auto companies should start making these performance cars and superbikes in India and export it abroad. There by selling it sans the hefty import duties.
Old 17th April 2008, 00:05   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post

Same old same old story. Juicy cars, which are not too exp abroad are out of reach for most of us.

These Auto companies should start making these performance cars and superbikes in India and export it abroad. There by selling it sans the hefty import duties.
Cmon man, Do you really think the numbers in India justify setting up production here? There arent too many people who are interested in spending that kind of money for performance.

As for importing the car. It costs $30k abroad and so the 30 lakh figure is about accurate with duties included.
Old 17th April 2008, 01:41   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
As for importing the car. It costs $30k abroad and so the 30 lakh figure is about accurate with duties included.
Isn't it closer to the $38-40K mark? Thats what I read in the Feb issue of Road & Track,where the Evo was put to test against the Subaru Impreza ..
Old 17th April 2008, 16:21   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
would suck to see EVOs being used as rush hour "vahans".
Some rush that would be!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed