Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2008, 10:11   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Why does everyone claim that the dealer should have informed him abt not fitting another stereo system ?

There are a thousand things that arent covered under warranty. You cant possibly expect the dealer to sit and tell you EVERYTHING !!

Read the owner's manual. Read the conditions regarding warranty.

If there is something in the manual abt "external stereo systems not covered by warranty", you are screwed. Ethically, you may be entitled, but technically, Ford is correct.

they are the ones who build their cars and they know best. If you dont want to follow their instructions, you void your warranty !!

First, please check the owner's manual. That is the bible

Post back here if the manual says something abt it. If it doesnt, then I think you have a case.
Old 2nd April 2008, 10:28   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pani View Post
I dont understand, if we are not supposed to fit in a Stereo then why is that provision given in the car with all the wiring pre-existing ?? Not even a single extra wire was added nor modified nor deleted to fit in the stereo.

It is such a common accessory that everyone fits in a car, if its so hazardous to the warranty and to the car then it should be mentioned in bold letters everywhere around the showroom and the customer should be made aware.....
Sad to see this happen, but I htink you are thinking on the right lines. Have a look at the Manual carefully, and look at the warranty conditions and argue logically the above without losing your cool to Cauvery and to Ford. Generally dealers and manufacturers know that bad news spreads really fast and would be open to getting the car repaired under warranty.

Key is to not get angry / impatient and threaten the dealer with a suit etc. Generally if the dealer sees your point he may be on your side to fight your case with the manufacturer.

If things do not work out, gather evidence of their not listening to you despite facts in your favor, precedences etc and then consider a legal action. Really the key is to be patient and it's not easy.

All the best and I know it's tough to live with this!

Cheers,

P.S: I may know some folks in Ford so PM me in case this does nto get sorted out
Old 2nd April 2008, 13:07   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Another thing is if you have a problem with Cauvery Ford, take the phone number of the directors from one of the managers/executives and call one of them directly. I know one of the directors and he us very very pro active.

And as the others have been saying, be calm. Dont lose your cool. Many times, the dealers' hands are also tied. Even if they want to help you, they may not be able to due to some stupid company policy.

Most of the time we consumers dont realise what happens behind the scenes and easily blame the dealer.
Old 2nd April 2008, 13:31   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys.

Not trying to hijack, but after reading this thread could not help raise this point. Is there/can we start a new thread where one can...
1) list all cars in india where known electrical problems have literally screwed the entire car up!
2) list of all cars in india and their clauses about APPROVED AFM'f and unapproved, and No-mention of any such clauses.
3) sugessions/experiences from fellow owners on any of the slightest to worst electrical accidents after doing (any) changes to the original wiring. (i did not know even fitting AFM Roots on a Ford is void;ing the warranty)

Mods, let me know if this can be done? Am sure will be useful to many new-to-be owners and upgraders.

PS - really surprised no Tata owners came up with electrical issues! Many Ford, few maruti present here.!
Old 2nd April 2008, 14:39   #35
Senior - BHPian

Santhosh,its not the car with the electrical problems but the cars with problematic accessories fitments.I dont think any car comes with an electrical defect but if we tamper with the wiring harness then i am sure we get it in a big way.
Old 2nd April 2008, 20:22   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008 View Post
Read the owner's manual. Read the conditions regarding warranty.
Try telling that to a consumer court.

If you are not told of the about the limitations of use before you part with the money, it is a non-clause. Not worth the paper you get after recycling the paper on which the terfms and warranties and conditions and limitations are written.
Old 3rd April 2008, 10:16   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Santhosh,its not the car with the electrical problems but the cars with problematic accessories fitments.I dont think any car comes with an electrical defect but if we tamper with the wiring harness then i am sure we get it in a big way.
Yes Ram, thats what I had in my mind.I did not mean manufacturing defects, but those very sensitive cars that are more prone to failing sometime after doing AFM accessories. Probably Ford does calculate their wire gauge and resistance capacity to the final minute amp % or volts % and leaves little room for additional load carrying capacity, may be to cut costs or acheive super efficiency and end up not understanding indian customers requirements which include everything from a fog light, numberplate neon light, under body neons, roots, etc,etc,etc.

So Please re-comment if this is a valid point to start a discussion?
Old 3rd April 2008, 20:48   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Probably Ford does calculate their wire gauge and resistance capacity to the final minute amp % or volts % and leaves little room for additional load carrying capacity
With little of my FORD Expereince, the show room guys are good and are willing to get stuff fixed for us, like i had a problem with the balance of the front & back speakers, they asked if i want to get an amplifier installed, which i declined. I wanted horns, they had a horn kit add on already available. a couple of things here and there. Apprntly there's a fuse on the horn's earthing that gets screwed if i fix 2 horns directly..

But the strongly recommended against loading the car with after market electrical accessories, (and on a more personal front they suggested i get it done with very experienced guy) If not they would get it done.
The catch is getting it done through them leaves me 5-10 times poorer than i would be if i got it done outside.
So they have an option of getting stuff installed on the car. But its isnt as simple as the 118 where the company provided room for 3-4 switches & 1 meter in the dash.
This policy of FORD's goes in tandem with their service policy.That is, One has to get the car serviced through FORD, or finding spares is tad difficult or impossible(at times). Nothing is recommended to be done outside or at home. And boy, when they talk about maintainence, they talk like its the first car one ever used.
So, one can get rear parking sensors installed thorough their,"clip on harness" but im not sure where the harness clips on. And its a different thing that the Add on horn kit &RP sensors are out of stock for most of the while.
Old 29th May 2008, 16:10   #39
BHPian

Good News!!!!!!!!!!

Guys,
Just wanted to update you guys:
Ford took the responsibility and completely repaired the car under warranty without a single penny being charged to my friend. The total cost of spares came close to 2.8 Lacs.

But Ford warned my friend to remove the ICE and go with ford recommended ICE to protect the warranty on electrical parts in future. Since only 6 months of warranty are left out, my friend though unwillingly, removed the the nice ICE and fitted a Ford recommended Kenwood ICE from the Showroom for 10k.
He will re-fit his old ICE once the warranty period is over.
Though it was an unnecessary expenditure but still its okay considering that he just saved a lakh odd.
Old 29th May 2008, 16:55   #40
Team-BHP Support

Ford has a new PRO in charge now? Or is it something to do with Arvind Mathew moving on to a new role?
Old 29th May 2008, 17:06   #41
BHPian

That was nice of Ford to get it done without charging the customer a penny... i think ICE can be fitted from the authorised Ford Service Center also.
Old 29th May 2008, 17:15   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore View Post
That was nice of Ford to get it done without charging the customer a penny... i think ICE can be fitted from the authorised Ford Service Center also.
Ford says you have to fit only Ford Recommended ICE which are only sold in the Ford showrooms and they have some special fitment which allows the ICe to be fitted without cutting any wires at the dashboard outlet. They have only Sony and Kenwood. Even if you buy exactly the same model of ICE from outside it would void warranty as the one sold in the showroom has that adapter fitment (specific to Ford and sold as a package with the ICE) which helps in direct plug n play of HU. Even the speakers should be fitted on to the doors where there is a direct wiring provided by Ford....you cannot fit the speaker else where which would require a separate wire running till the speaker. I dont know what Ford wants .
Old 29th May 2008, 17:16   #43
Senior - BHPian

That is good news! Congrats to your pal.
Old 29th May 2008, 17:21   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pani View Post
the one sold in the showroom has that adapter fitment (specific to Ford and sold as a package with the ICE) which helps in direct plug n play of HU. .

That is crap what the showroom or ford people are saying.. in that case atleast 80% cars would have same consequence as of you friend Fusion... because most of them prefer to fit it outside and according to their interest and liking..
Old 29th May 2008, 17:27   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by students View Post
Hey friend.

I had similar experience with my Fiesta 1 year back. All the wiring got burnt.

100% it wont come under warranty.

I even wrote to ford US and India but only one answer was extra fittings voilate warranty terms.

I had to sell of my car and later bought a new one.
I wonder when threre are some realiable Japnese cars available in India , why do people prefer others!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks