Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2008, 14:40   #46
BHPian

I think the base version would sell irrespective of the price band. In Pune also I must have seen hardly 1 or 2 Fabias around, and all base version ones. Yes and as some members have pointed out the diesels will out number the petrol variants, same as in the case of its other models namely Octavia & Laura. Skoda Auto surely sells more diesel variants when it comes to the numbers game
Old 4th April 2008, 17:15   #47
Senior - BHPian

Whatever they introduce i personally dont feel that fabia is value for the money spend.It would have been a bargain if it was at least 2 lakhs lesser than now.
ram
Old 4th April 2008, 17:29   #48
Senior - BHPian

I do know how much sales of Fabia that Skoda is reporting, but so far the presence is not there, even after 3 months. In my daily drive of 70 kms, I have perhaps seen a Fabia 2-3 times. That is in Delhi, the largest market. The other rare cars are SRV (1 in a month), Cedia (perhaps 2-3 in a week). Perhaps Fabia sales are strong somewhere else in India.
Old 4th April 2008, 17:36   #49
Senior - BHPian

In chennai i have seen quit a lot of them, that y i said even with this price it will sell . well in feb i guess 5xx units of fabia have been sold. i guess this is not a bad no
Old 4th April 2008, 18:41   #50
BHPian

Have not seen any registered Fabia in South Bangalore atleast. The only one's i had seen was when they were doing road tests couple of months before the launch. Hopefully SKODA will learn the tricks of pricing pretty soon otherwise they may soon be "FELT SPECIAL" and thrown out of this market.

Regards
Old 7th April 2008, 13:52   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Slightly OT:

In the March issue of What Car? published by Autocar India, I can see Dippy and F50 (or is that ported_head) giving their opinions on the Skoda diesel. Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere.
Bingo, I too bought What Car? yesterday and found Dippy and Ported_Head reviewing Fabia. Way to go guys...

\N
Old 7th April 2008, 22:57   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Whatever they introduce i personally dont feel that fabia is value for the money spend.It would have been a bargain if it was at least 2 lakhs lesser than now.
ram
At 2 lakhs lesser than now it would not be a bargain but it would be a steal. i think that lowering the price anything between 50k and 1 lakh would push sales northward.
Old 8th April 2008, 09:12   #53
BHPian

Saw a white one today at JP Nagar 6th phase. Saw a black one parked outside a house in Jayanagar yesterday. I have actually seen some 5-6 in past week, people in Bangalore have enough money to buy a 'Skoda'
Old 1st May 2008, 00:06   #54
BHPian

I was about to confirm the i10 Magna (4.5L On Road) when I thought I will anyway checkout the Fabia 1.2L Petrol.

Classic: 6.2 L, Ambeint 6.84 L and Elegant at 8.1 L (All On road Price
in Bangalore).

Personally, I liked the build quality and the Spacy interiors and the Boot compared to i10. The sales guy told me that they sold 200 units from January in Bangalore. [But I have personally seen only 1 1/2 Fabia's in Bangalore. The 1/2 being a Swift, which I mistook it for a Fabia).

My dad knows in and out of Car engines, and he said that I should be
insane to pay Rs 6.2L for a 1.2 Engine with 3 Cylinders and such low
power. So I dropped it and going in for i10.

But I still like the Fabia, specially the Foldable Keys with Remote Boot Lid opener and the Windows automatically rolling up when you lock and the one touch power windows for all 4 doors.

Someone please ask Skoda to increase the Engine capacity and reduce the price by 1.5 L.
Old 1st May 2008, 10:20   #55
BHPian

I know how you feel. You sit in the car and wish it wasn't so expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhafeez_13666 View Post
Someone please ask Skoda to increase the Engine capacity and reduce the price by 1.5 L.
It won't happen till they increase the amount of localisation in the car. For some strange reason they even come with imported tyres!
Old 1st May 2008, 10:39   #56
Senior - BHPian

Skoda are Ford's brother in arms - the engine size is for lower excise duty. But prices are still top of the line. Their marketing team's on dope - Skoda brand name itself can't sell an overpriced underpowered "super hatch"
Old 1st May 2008, 12:06   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

in Bangalore).
I guess the Classic should have been priced at 5 l on road. Ambient : 5.6 l
Elegant : 6.2 l on road. Then i guess it would have been awesome. Swift would have got some kicking. I myself would have opted for the Fabia if it was priced as i mentioned.
Old 1st May 2008, 12:07   #58
Senior - BHPian

Actually 1.2l Fabia makes perfect sense for a guy like me. I can afford any sub-10lac car but I will have to drive myself (dont want to have a driver) so in a city like Delhi/ NCR region my preference is a hatch instead of a sedan (purely from driving convinience point of view - easy to park, maneuver etc). Fabia offers me good quality in that range and 1.2l will offer me good FE as well (as my highway driving is very limited - once in 3-4 months or so).
Skoda's is a good strategy to offer two engine options - those looking for performance can always go for 1.4l one. For people with small families (newly weds, or one child ones) who want a good, sturdy city car with great comfort and safety features Fabia 1.2 is a very decent alternative. Of course its expensive (but not by 1.5 or 2 lac as some people have put it! I think probably 50-60k reduction will make it perfect package!)
Old 1st May 2008, 13:05   #59
BHPian

True about 1.2 L?

Is it really true about the Petrol 1.2 L launch?

Does anyone know the OTR prices in Mumbai?
Old 1st May 2008, 15:11   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
in Bangalore).
8.1 lakhs for the top model for a car having a 1.2 litre 3 cylinder petrol!!!! Thats bloody darn expensive no matter how good the features or the standards list is.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks