Team-BHP - VW Polo for 4.35 lakhs - Business Standard
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   VW Polo for 4.35 lakhs - Business Standard (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/37866-vw-polo-4-35-lakhs-business-standard.html)

Note from Mod : Team-BHP's VW Polo Testdrive report has been uploaded at this linky. Please continue the discussion over on that thread.

This thread = closed.

t-bhpians:

Can't handle the excitement when I read this - from Business Standard:

"Volkaswagen is expected to price its small car Polo above Rs 4 lakh, and is planning to import premium models Phaeton and Touareg from May.

Volkswagen will start production from its Chakan plant near Pune from January 2009. Joerg Mueller, president, Volkswagen India, said: "We will manufacture the small car Polo at the Chakan plant from 2010, and the car would be priced around Rs 4.35 lakh. The concept car Up, presented at the Delhi Auto Expo in January, is in the process of development. It would be the smallest possible car by Volkswagen, and could be priced around Rs 1.80 lakh."

He added that Volkswagen has no plans to compete with existing small car brands like Maruti 800 or Nano. "We are developing Up in a completely different way, and the technology is totally different from the one being used by Indian brands. Up is just a concept car, and we won't launch it before 2012," he said.

Mueller pointed out that Jetta would be on the Indian roads from May-end or June. "We have priced Jetta between Rs 13 lakh and Rs 15 lakh, and it would be assembled at the Aurangabad plant. Two other cars, Phaeton and Touareg, would soon be fully imported," he added."

Manufacturing to start from 2010 and they have already announced the prices to 2 decimal places ? :D

I guess this will just heat up the competition, with the A-Star slated to launch later this year. I am pretty sure the Auto scene is hotting up (as if it wasnt already)

I wish they'd launched the Golf instead if Polo. Three weeks back, I had a chance to ride in a black VW Golf GTI, factory tuned with 200ps power, sporty exhaust.... 17inch alloys etc. wow...

At last a decent player making cars in India. Expect excellent quality from VW. Hopefully it will give the likes of TATA & Mahindra a kick up the backside and get them looking at panel fit etc.

Wow! small car from VW, quality would be top notch.Am eagerly waiting for it.

I guess then we are not going to get the Polo V which is due for launch in 2009,its probably going to be a re skinned and stretched sedan and hatch based on the Polo IV.

I cannot imagine VW pricing the Polo below the Fabia.

There will be a good competition in the B segment category if VW launches Polo at around 4 to 5 lakhs

Maybe like the Fabia they'll have different engine options and hence a wide price range of 4.xx to 8+.

Heh another story like the 8 lac Jetta. When will these journalists give up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reignofchaos (Post 782683)
Heh another story like the 8 lac Jetta. When will these journalists give up.

Or the 4.99 ex-showroom Fabia ? :D

VW car @ 4.xx laks? I guess the engine size would be like 600 or 800 cc :)

Just read this article dated back in 2006. So, may be we have this car launched on right time as they declared 2 yrs back.
Volkswagen Polo for India - VW’s new Polo variant by ’09, pictures and price

Great news. But the price looks deceptive. Most probably, it would change.

I agree with Patiencewins. The price announcement is always great but when the actual launch time arrives, it shoots up by a big margin.

Hope VW does not do it and lets its fans enjoy the POLO.

Ridiculous news and VW is living in a fools paradise.

Which fool will buy a "Polo" for 4.35 L? We get a ikon, dezire, logan, indigo within same price range, and that too with a "dicky" and good mileage. we will also get similar priced small diesel cars before Polo is launched. polo with no service network, unknown "average".

Mr Joerg would be well advised to learn from his italian & czech neighbours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLL (Post 782752)

Mr Joerg would be well advised to learn from his italian & czech neighbours.

Well, Fiat is also offering Bravo and 500 CBUs in India at exhorbitant prices - thanks to import duties, so Mr. Joerg can't learn any good from the Italian neighbours...