Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2008, 13:15   #16
BANNED

To answer the title,
I would definitely buy one even if it wasn't spiced up this way.
Old 8th April 2008, 13:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Maybe i belong to old school of design,but i would never buy a nano over an 800.Never ever.My view is not biased because i own an 800.
The new 800 has the proper car looks where as nano looks more like an electric car.
If the Nano had been designed like an 800, do you think there would be any takers? No. Super-minis nowadays look more and more like the Nano and less like the 800. Global examples include the Smart car, Nissan Micra and so on. These cars are primarily designed for city use.

The way a car looks has nothing to do with its highway performance. A common rail diesel in also under development for the Nano. So let us hold our horses till then.
Old 8th April 2008, 13:47   #18
BHPian

This will prove to be a good buy, especially for driving in the city traffic which is ever rising. Off course this if launched will be an option for the customers since the very idea of Nano is based on one important aspect that is affordability for everyone. Thereby introducing the base version and the spiced up version side by side (that is only two versions in both petrol and diesel) will be a very good step if taken by Tata.
As for the highway running, atleast it will be a boon for the two wheeler riders who are always at a risk for their life from other speeding monsters out there.
Old 8th April 2008, 13:52   #19
BHPian

GTO, you dont need a bigger engine in the NANO. You can easily take it out for city rides. Just avoid the highway at all costs. People taking the NANO on highways are just stupid.
Even the NANO base model is very attractive for the features it offers at that price. If this is how the luxury version looks, then I am all the more happy to buy one
Old 8th April 2008, 14:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

I'm buying the CRDi nano the moment it hits the stores ( or rather my dad will )
Old 8th April 2008, 14:40   #21
BHPian

I will buy it if its offered in Automatic transmission , space for 2 din audio and fuel tank with at least 500 kms range(visit to a pump after 1 week for me).
Old 8th April 2008, 14:46   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
GTO : Another important consideration is that this "luxurious" Nano will be a lot more profitable for them, car per car, than the base models.
Makes a lot of sense to have a luxury version. The base version will see very narrow margins, and for all we know this is what Tata could be aiming at.
Old 8th April 2008, 14:47   #23
BHPian

Game for an electric Nano

Hi - I am all in awe of Mr. Ratan Tata - My God - there were days when I heard suppliers talk about 1-lakh car = 2 mopeds + a hood + floor! - Now look at it- its fantastic!

I am game for an electric nano - otherwise too I am game for it - except that in Mumbai the parking in my society would cost more than 3-5 Nanos!

I mean if you can afford a parking - you end up affording anything above a swift!

But that said - it is a fantastic piece! The nano featured looks awesome too!

RD
Old 8th April 2008, 14:54   #24
BHPian

Makes lot of sense!

Nano makes LOT of sense.. The spiced up version looks great.
My take on power vs fuel economy - TATA should try and increase the fuel economy. That way it will make a lot more sense as an upgrade from two wheeler (avg 60 kmpl) or as a second car. I dont want my wife or family to take it to highway.
Old 8th April 2008, 15:08   #25
BHPian

The decked up Nano looks uber cool. Definitely a 2nd/3rd car for a lot of folks. The CRDI and a few minor mods will put it in Smart territory and that means great potential in Europe for a start.

Possibilities are infinite....
Old 8th April 2008, 16:44   #26
nbr
BHPian

Spice it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
To answer the title,
I would definitely buy one even if it wasn't spiced up this way.

I tried spicing it up on their website
Would you buy a Tata Nano IF it looked like this?-nano-fronta.jpg

Would you buy a Tata Nano IF it looked like this?-nano-reara.jpg

Cheers!!! Enjoy
Old 8th April 2008, 16:45   #27
Senior - BHPian

tata should launch this .. so that DC can not play his role.. imagine guys what would a nano loook like after DC works on it?

i think this one also has the airbags.

Last edited by fx45 : 8th April 2008 at 16:48.
Old 8th April 2008, 17:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
If the Nano had been designed like an 800, do you think there would be any takers? No. Super-minis nowadays look more and more like the Nano and less like the 800. Global examples include the Smart car, Nissan Micra and so on. These cars are primarily designed for city use.

The way a car looks has nothing to do with its highway performance. A common rail diesel in also under development for the Nano. So let us hold our horses till then.
Yeah thats what i said maybe i belong to old school of design and hence dont like the nano.
I would not waste my money even if its 1.4 lakhs on a car i cant take on the highway.I would rather put in some more and buy a car which i can use in the city as well as go to mahabaleshwar whenever i want.A car with a conditional apply use is a no no for me.
I hope the crdi atleast has the highway performance criteria taken care of.
Old 8th April 2008, 17:27   #29
Team-BHP Support

I am just thinking of another possibility. Tata came up with a complete lifecycle plan for this car when they conceived it. That even included a business plan around it. They wanted the car to be made in kit form and then transported to the local enterpreneurs who could then assemble the car and sell it. Much like bicycles. In fact Mr. Tata reiterated this plan as late as in March during an interview in Geneva.

Now if they try to make an uber-cool car like this... with HVAC, PS, PW, Airbags, Audio setup etc (its the euro spec and it is all included) then my only worry is what happens to the vaunted satellite assembly business plan? Will the local enterpreneur in the villages be able to successfully integrate such a complex piece of machinery? Also, the service dream of a scooter riding service man who will visit the owner and service the car at his doorstep (again Mr Tata's dream) will go for a toss since something with this level of complexity will need a regular service station and not a bicycle or scooter riding service man.
Old 8th April 2008, 18:43   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
tata should launch this .. so that DC can not play his role.. imagine guys what would a nano loook like after DC works on it?

i think this one also has the airbags.
That thought itself is scary!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks