Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2008, 10:54   #46
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
GTO, you dont need a bigger engine in the NANO.
Maybe it doesn't need a slightly more powerful engine. But it would help in differentiating the luxury version from the base, whose target market is entirely different!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Now if they try to make an uber-cool car like this... with HVAC, PS, PW, Airbags, Audio setup etc (its the euro spec and it is all included) then my only worry is what happens to the vaunted satellite assembly business plan? Will the local enterpreneur in the villages be able to successfully integrate such a complex piece of machinery?
Valid point. Great post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Wild idea: offer a luxury Nano bundled FREE with the top-end Jag and LR models
You did me for the day!
Old 9th April 2008, 12:12   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Maybe it doesn't need a slightly more powerful engine. But it would help in differentiating the luxury version from the base, whose target market is entirely different!
A bigger engine is an absolute necessity if it has to run the AC that higher end versions are going to feature. Doesn't the 37 BHP Maruti 800 perform miserably with AC on? And 800's OE AC doesn't even cool properly. It's a problem Maruti hasn't been able to overcome even after 20+ years. It'd be good for Tata's reputation if they address the power adequacy issue before the car's launch, not after receiving complaints from unsatisfied customers.

The diesel Nano already features a bigger and more powerful engine (800 CRDI) that should be adequate for running the AC.
Old 9th April 2008, 13:58   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
tata should launch this .. so that DC can not play his role.. imagine guys what would a nano loook like after DC works on it?
Probably be called a No-No?

Last edited by GTO : 9th April 2008 at 18:40. Reason: You know why!
Old 9th April 2008, 18:16   #49
BHPian

Unfair

It would be really unfare if Tata do not produce this variant in India. If the engine and performance could retain the expectation, I am sure lot of Indians would prefer to buy the car for around 2 Lakh plus as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
These are from TATA's official NANO website. If you're like me, then you're WOW'd at the prospect of owning this car for around ~2 lacs, as a 2nd car or something along those lines.

Here's the PROBLEM: Tata may not build this version of the car. This was a "Geneva prototype" for European customers only. The only chance this version has of making production is if you go to the official website and post in the Nano forums asking for this version as I have.

For those of us lucky enough to not care about cost as much, a true Nano that oozes better looks + more quality (like above) is a great choice because:

-Its cute
-Environmentally sensible
-Small dimensions
-Unbeatable operating costs

Post your thoughts here and at the Nano Forum please.
Old 10th April 2008, 12:38   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
yes, you are right. Base unit should remain the same while the "deluxe" and "luxury" units should have a bit more power and well, luxury. The problem with this is that it might make delivery complicated. Let's hope that we all get what we want
Old 10th April 2008, 21:03   #51
BHPian

In my opinion, tata could have showcased the luxury variant with a 2 door modification in European market. It would have appealed much more to them.
Old 10th April 2008, 21:18   #52
BHPian

Guys the first thing that comes to mind when you see a nano is that irrespective of price it makes complete sense!. I drive an Optra Magnum and though i love the kick of that diesel, the Nano would make no nonsense motoring. I could leave the big car at home when i'm going to Andheri east(That place will never have good roads ever!). Has anyone thought of a pooling system that could come in controlled areas? For instance sorry this is bombay centric..lets say there is a large carpark with 400 nanos between Churchgate and Opera house. You put in a note(Say Rs 100) in the machine and get the keys out. out...drive it wherever you want within the stipulated area and then leave the car at many of the other parking lots. This will save so many headaches for all of us!..what are your views on this?
Old 11th April 2008, 20:25   #53

Nice Pics Screwdriva, I sure would love to own this version. The interiors are a far cry from the base version. The quality of plastic on the dash, from what it looks like can put a Indica / Indigo to shame. This is premium stuff, as GTO mentioned 2 lac should'nt pinch many, its still around the same bracket of a Maruti 800, with better "eye" factor !
Old 11th April 2008, 23:49   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudarshansarma View Post
Guys the first thing that comes to mind when you see a nano is that irrespective of price it makes complete sense!. I drive an Optra Magnum and though i love the kick of that diesel, the Nano would make no nonsense motoring. I could leave the big car at home when i'm going to Andheri east(That place will never have good roads ever!). Has anyone thought of a pooling system that could come in controlled areas? For instance sorry this is bombay centric..lets say there is a large carpark with 400 nanos between Churchgate and Opera house. You put in a note(Say Rs 100) in the machine and get the keys out. out...drive it wherever you want within the stipulated area and then leave the car at many of the other parking lots. This will save so many headaches for all of us!..what are your views on this?
Good idea but on a lighter note, this would lead to 400 nanos being stolen on a single dayAnything is possible in our country!
Old 12th April 2008, 00:31   #55
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Mindset Manipulation

It is old hat advertising technique ...
to fit an undersized steering wheel before taking a picture. Makes the interior look bigger in a photograph.

Another technique (used by Fiat, per my memory) is to use thin short-statured human models (and primary school kids) in the photograph. Again these make the car look larger than life and more spacious.

Once the spaciousness of the car in the picture, has moulded a buyer's mindset, the buyer can be welcomed into the showroom. A large majority of buyers won't change their minds despite sitting in the car.

First impressions, lasting impressions !
Old 12th April 2008, 00:34   #56
BHPian

Sure...but

Could be a valid point but we're not talking about space as much as the quality of the interiors/ exteriors. Those are what I'm really after. Personally, I like company cars. Makes parking easy.

IF what Ratan said is true and the car is 20% larger than an 800, then that's good enough for me...especially in the city.
Old 12th April 2008, 00:45   #57
BANNED

Wow! That's some great observations, Ram!
Now, after reading FiAT's tactics, I wanna comment. But hold on..... Not today!
Old 11th June 2008, 10:33   #58
BHPian

Any idea when will this TATA Nano be launched? everyone is tight lipped about the exact date of launch, BHPians do you people have any idea on this?
Old 11th June 2008, 11:07   #59
jp1
BHPian

This one is very cute, It can really wipe out the competition. I dont understand why Tata is not considering this for India. Sounds strange to me
Old 11th June 2008, 11:14   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshan View Post
Any idea when will this TATA Nano be launched? everyone is tight lipped about the exact date of launch, BHPians do you people have any idea on this?
I just saw in ET that the Nano will be launched around October to customer. Booking should start from mid-September.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks