Team-BHP - LHD i10 in Chennai
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   LHD i10 in Chennai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/38044-lhd-i10-chennai.html)

Was riding to KK Nagar from Airport, and i usually take the road that passes through St. Thomas Mount church to avoid the pollution and chaos at kathipara. When i was near the Army golf course, spotted a left hand drive i10 with red plates. I can understand they are testing it if the car is not yet launched, but after such a long time after its launch i just cant figure out the reason for a left hand driven i10 in India.

Managed to click a completely useless pic with one hand, as i was riding my bike, and the driver was driving the wheels off that car on the bumpy road.

Dude, it should be for export.

It must be one of the cars destined for europe. Most probably, the interiors would have been black too.

could it be the export model on its way to the port?

I'd guess the interiors were black, dont remember it off my head now.

its not an i10 for the indian market, it must be for a country with similar weather conditions and is in india for extensive testing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fash_1 (Post 787280)
Was riding to KK Nagar from Airport, and i usually take the road that passes through St. Thomas Mount church to avoid the pollution and chaos at kathipara. When i was near the Army golf course, spotted a left hand drive i10 with red plates. I can understand they are testing it if the car is not yet launched, but after such a long time after its launch i just cant figure out the reason for a left hand driven i10 in India.

Managed to click a completely useless pic with one hand, as i was riding my bike, and the driver was driving the wheels off that car on the bumpy road.

It is a piece meant for exports.How come it came on streets BTW.These cars are not meant to be on our roads IMO.
ram

Was it a diesel by any chance?

Yes, it is for export. But, why are they testing it now? I thought i10 was a global launch. Doesn't make sense unless something is different about this car.

Had read somewhere that Hyundai will be exporting the I10s from India to the other parts of the world. Surprisingly a brand new car was launched in India first and then onwards in other parts of the world especially the European markets. Now since India is there export hub, i see no wrong in testing those cars on our roads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by windsurfer (Post 787512)
But, why are they testing it now? I thought i10 was a global launch.

Thats exactly what i wanted to know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by windsurfer (Post 787512)
Yes, it is for export. But, why are they testing it now? I thought i10 was a global launch. Doesn't make sense unless something is different about this car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fash_1 (Post 787811)
Thats exactly what i wanted to know.

Maybe a new feature or upgrade based on feedback etc. It could also be a diesel

Elito

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit (Post 787488)
Was it a diesel by any chance?

Yeah.! Flash, try frequenting that road and if lucky, next time, overtake it slowly and check out for some audible diesel sounds. who knows, you may just have witnessed history.!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhaval (Post 787716)
Had read somewhere that Hyundai will be exporting the I10s from India to the other parts of the world. Surprisingly a brand new car was launched in India first and then onwards in other parts of the world especially the European markets. Now since India is there export hub, i see no wrong in testing those cars on our roads.

they did this with the sonata also.. dont remember the present or the earlier generation.

Someone tell Cyrus about it so that he can add it to his LHD collection.