Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2005, 08:46   #1

more powerful lancer may be launched this year

hi bhpians,
sum news for you'l......mitsibushi is planning to launch a newer version of the lancer .....the lancer 1.6......it wil have around 102 bhp....it may be launched around june/july this year it is not confirmed yet but (hopefully) mitsibushi will launch the bigger bro of the lancer 1.6.the lancer 2.0.The new car is likely to be powered by a 2.0-litre, 125-bhp petrol engine and may come with options of five-speed manual and four-speed INVECS, continuously variable transmission (CVT) gearboxes. The made-in-Thailand Lancer is close to the one that will be launched in India. Pricing should range from Rs. 9.5 to 11.5 lacs

Last edited by ported_head : 5th April 2005 at 06:42.
Old 4th February 2005, 10:05   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedhunter
hi,
the lancer 1.6 MAY be launched......it is not confirmed yet but (hopefully) mitsibushi will launch the bigger bro of the lancer 1.6.the lancer 2.0.The new car is likely to be powered by a 2.0-litre, 125-bhp petrol engine and may come with options of five-speed manual and four-speed INVECS, continuously variable transmission (CVT) gearboxes. The made-in-Thailand Lancer is close to the one that will be launched in India. Pricing should range from Rs. 9.5 to 11.5 lacs
dude the 1.8 125bhp Invex is already launched last yr.
cheers,
Rai
Old 4th February 2005, 10:13   #3
Team-BHP Support

Wow! This means Lancer becames a D segment car while retaining C segment looks and dimensions. Not sure how HM/Mitsubishi is planning to sell a C+ segment car at D segment price. HM/Mitsubishi is no Honda.
Old 4th February 2005, 10:14   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

When I saw the title of this thread, I remembered the days of the Autocarindia forum where we would get excited about HM launching a more powerful version YET AGAIN.

But nope, all they could manage in 7 years of the lancer is to bring out a 1.8 auto. And to totally kill the build quality.

Another 10 - 20 bhp aint going to help the cause of our Lancer. The current model is beyond the sell by date.

GTO
Old 4th February 2005, 10:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

well, i tink that for the size of the car the lancer needs a 140+ bhp engine to make it feel as peppy and quick as the city and baleno..,otherwise it feels very sluggish and slow..
Old 4th February 2005, 11:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

The Invex is a joke. 120bhp for what?
It's a A/T with a dumb tiptronic system which was found to be slower than the A/T. LOL

It has a high tyre profile and a soft suspenssion which has nothing to do with handling. It can't even be called a luxury sedan as it's interiors aren't upto the mark.

Build quality (as per C+/D segment standards) is still below average.

I dunno what those people were thinking when they launched this car.

Shan2nu
Old 4th February 2005, 13:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
The Invex is a joke. 120bhp for what?
It's a A/T with a dumb tiptronic system which was found to be slower than the A/T. LOL

It has a high tyre profile and a soft suspenssion which has nothing to do with handling. It can't even be called a luxury sedan as it's interiors aren't upto the mark.

Build quality (as per C+/D segment standards) is still below average.

I dunno what those people were thinking when they launched this car.

Shan2nu
with you 110% need more power in their cars need to make it much much more responsive and faster
Old 4th February 2005, 16:57   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan
cheers,
Rai
....you are correct raihan...1.8 invex has been launnched...sorry dude got that wrong...(i dont know what was i thinking while i was typing that).....but the 1.6 litre 102bhp should be out any time in the mid of this year
Old 4th February 2005, 18:24   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

heard the same thing too
for the new norms
and theres going to be a manual INVEX to for the carisma which too is due later this year
i feel mitsubishi should launch a new lancer with the old sfxi looks (no toothy grill) , clear lens lights , a really good suspension , low profile tyres, interiors with leather an dbetter quality and chrome console, and some sexy alloys and then sell it for enthusiasts only with 2 engine options - 1.6M , 1.8M
what say
Old 5th April 2005, 03:04   #10
BHPian

india needs the lancer ralliart...160hp
Old 5th April 2005, 10:45   #11
Senior - BHPian

definitely its time the evo took its place on our indian roads
Old 5th April 2005, 19:23   #12
Senior - BHPian

yeah i agree with iceman.... it is time to get the evos... the Lancers at the moment have pathetic engines under the hood..... and the power to weight ratio is really sad.
Old 5th April 2005, 20:05   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91
definitely its time the evo took its place on our indian roads
you stole the words off my mouth. atleast get the evo IV. is india that bad?
HOLLA MITSUBISHI!!!!
Old 5th April 2005, 21:22   #14
Senior - BHPian

I heard HM just had a licensing agreement with Mitsubishi to produce outdated models only. Somthing similar to the Mahindra Voyager.
Old 5th April 2005, 22:00   #15
BHPian

Basically, Iceman hit the nail on the head.. we need an Evo.. that is the only thing that'll salvage anything Mitsubishi... The current Lancer look even crappier than before... that grille makes it look so bland, so charecter-less... and the headlamps make it look blank and lokst... the SFXi was the best looking Lancer to hit India... HM should get the Evo IV... I'd say its out-daed enough, with the Evo IX coming... hehe... and it needs a 120+ BHP angine to give it any thing close to resembling performance... Honda rules. Always will. No Lancer will beat it (this comment is India specific...)... and the RS will be DESTROYED by the Civic... wait till august... the Charisma, the Renault Logos (another crappy looking car, with a total lack of performance as well...), the Civic (FINALLY!!!!), and already the Manual Accord V6...

One last question though... what is quicker: Accord V6 (Manual) or Skoda Octavia RS???

(Please say Accord... )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks