Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: When is Fiat India going to shut down?
2005 : They cant survive any longer. 22 9.05%
2006 25 10.29%
2007 or in the whereabouts. 21 8.64%
I dont agree. Fiat India is here to stay - They will pull off a miracle. 175 72.02%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2005, 10:56   #181
Senior - BHPian

So a new guy is coming? Fiat India must be spending a lot of money on welcome and 'Tata' parties. Damn! But if they are quitting, why is a new guy coming in the first place?
Old 29th September 2005, 10:57   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashKeezh
do we have any means of getting the real picture here!!!
mods could you help us out here???
the news channels have been doing all sort of mongering with whatever they can lay their hands on!!! so, we can only assume the things that they would say about a company that has FIAT as it's name..
With all due respect, Avinash - its a bit unrealistic and quite childish to say that the news channels, the newspapers and everyone else around is talking along these lines because "they dont like Fiat". Its got nothing to do with likes and dislikes - its about seeing the writing on the wall, and other people are not obliged to act blind just because you're not willing to look at it.

Enough said!
Old 29th September 2005, 10:58   #183
BANNED

what is FIAT India & FIAT India Automobiles? How are they different?

Its quite clear now that FIAT in India wants to act only as interface between FIAT Spa & TATA. They will certainly not do any manufacturing..but only by TATA for them.

In that case, what models will they manufacture? I have doubt about Palio being made by TATA but..PANDA, PUNTO, CROMA..a sure bet

Last edited by hasopi : 29th September 2005 at 11:01.
Old 29th September 2005, 11:12   #184
Senior - BHPian

I really have had enough of these rumours now. I am one angry Fiat customer. If they have to get out of India, let them get out. I dont give a d**n about them. But they should make some arrangements for customers who have already bought from them. This means quite a lot to us. Hopefully they do something to us.
Old 29th September 2005, 11:26   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
With all due respect, Avinash - its a bit unrealistic and quite childish to say that the news channels, the newspapers and everyone else around is talking along these lines because "they dont like Fiat". Its got nothing to do with likes and dislikes - its about seeing the writing on the wall, and other people are not obliged to act blind just because you're not willing to look at it.
Enough said!
... well as a matter of fact... there's nothing concrete about any news that we seen on the news channel, etc... but i do agree that people are trying to see the writing on the walls...
anyways, i dont want to sound too pro-FIAT... so i'll prolly just stop my support for what FIAT has been doing all along and try to remain an outsider
and aliyoo, don't take this personally either... njan athinae kuricchu aalloojickkaamm... the one 'becoz you're not willing to look at it' part ...
Old 29th September 2005, 11:33   #186
BANNED

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon
I really have had enough of these rumours now. I am one angry Fiat customer. If they have to get out of India, let them get out. I dont give a d**n about them. But they should make some arrangements for customers who have already bought from them. This means quite a lot to us. Hopefully they do something to us.

If TATA is goin to deliver good ASS..why we should worry? TATA cannot ignore existing FIAT customers..because if they do that who will buy FIAT cars from them?
Old 29th September 2005, 11:47   #187
Senior - BHPian

Firstly no matter what happens fiat closes or leaves i dont care about that! Fiat palio is a great car. There is nothing denying about that! I love the car and will be buying a GTX in a few months even if fiat has left! For servicing can be taken care by any Car(Authorised dealers) Maruti MASS dealers service all cars! I have seen Mercs come for service there!
Old 29th September 2005, 12:00   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Firstly no matter what happens fiat closes or leaves i dont care about that! Fiat palio is a great car. There is nothing denying about that! I love the car and will be buying a GTX in a few months even if fiat has left! For servicing can be taken care by any Car(Authorised dealers) Maruti MASS dealers service all cars! I have seen Mercs come for service there!
the whole problem starts when you want to replace a part, and if you don't have the manufacturer producing that!!! what would you do???
if you could find a good alternative, then there's no denying the fact that the GTX is the one.. but what if the spare is not available....
this is what is making me a bit speculative in getting the petra also....
if you would be able to make alternative adjustments, please lemme know too.. i don't want to letgo of the petra either!!!
Old 29th September 2005, 12:10   #189
Senior - BHPian

I also vouch for the fact that Palio is a fantastic product. I still have no doubts with regarding the product. When the entire package is considered, then I know that it sucks big time. I am also happy about the service accorded to my car by Sundaram Motors, Bangalore. That way, it should have been a wonderful package for me too. But when you take into account the fact that the existence of Fiat in India itself is very doubtful, then the package is not as good as it is supposed to be. If Fiat's business considerations make it difficult to survive in India, they have two options: start from the scratch and painstakingly rebuild the brand name in India, or get out of India. I wouldn't even bother if Fiat chooses the second option. But what bothers me is its attitude towards its customers. If Fiat chooses to move out of India, they need to communicate to the customers and take them into confidence. They need to make sure that their customers are still serviced, whether they remain or not. What Fiat is doing today is just the opposite. They are not even willing to let us know whether they want to remain in India or get out of here. They should spell out their plans for us. That is where they are failing miserably.

For example, if my company lays me off because of its business considerations, I will definitely understand it as long as it is put forth well for me. Take these two scenerios:
1. One day you come to the office and your access card does not work and somehow you come to know that you are laid off.
2. Your manager talks to you and tells you about the company's plans for you. He will try to talk to HR/managers of different companies and tries to push your case there. He tells you that it is only for business considerations that you are being laid off. He gives you a sendoff that you deserve.

If my company treats me as in scenerio 1, even if there are any openings in future for that company, I will never consider it. If on the other hand, scenerio 2 happens to me, I will be glad that my company had taken care of me and if somewhere down the line there are openings, I might as well consider one.

Hope you all got the drift of my thoughts.
Old 29th September 2005, 12:30   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Is this in print media today? I could not get anything on the web about this exit plan and recall of MD :(
It was in the Today's print media. Printed on the main page..
Old 29th September 2005, 12:38   #191
Senior - BHPian

I still think these are rumours only. Spoke to Anuroop in Goregaon. Got the Fiat corp sales number, but no one is picking it up. According to the dealer:
1) The current MD is going back because of non-performance.
2) There is going to be only one plant in the future, he does not know which - Kurla or Ranjangaon.
3) Fiat India is staying.

Hmmmm ... why cant they hire Indian managers for heaven's sake?
Old 29th September 2005, 12:47   #192
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon
For example, if my company lays me off because of its business considerations, I will definitely understand it as long as it is put forth well for me. Take these two scenerios:
1. One day you come to the office and your access card does not work and somehow you come to know that you are laid off.
2. Your manager talks to you and tells you about the company's plans for you. He will try to talk to HR/managers of different companies and tries to push your case there. He tells you that it is only for business considerations that you are being laid off. He gives you a sendoff that you deserve.

If my company treats me as in scenerio 1, even if there are any openings in future for that company, I will never consider it. If on the other hand, scenerio 2 happens to me, I will be glad that my company had taken care of me and if somewhere down the line there are openings, I might as well consider one.

Hope you all got the drift of my thoughts.
I really wonder if any IT MNC will adopt scenario 2 though its the best one. I have seen guys laid off for no reason of their own..
Old 29th September 2005, 12:48   #193
Senior - BHPian

@Deepakhon, I believe there is big difference between being informed before being chucked out of company and company widing up. It would be almost impossible to communicate this to customer who can be in any part of India. It would also be most inappropriate to go around telling everyone that we are winding up. I don't know if you have come across company closures anytime, but when companies wind up, many times even CEO is kept in dark. It is extremely confidential. So far there is no news from Fiat officials about its status in India and whatever we are hearing is from different sources.

But I will have to agree with you if one contradictory point is true. Someone said that Fiat MD Castagna was here to assure smooth transition to Tatas. If that is the case, he was the same person, who was drum beating everywhere that Fiat India is here to stay. But then I am not sure if he was involved really in the deal.

There is no need to panic till the picture is clear. And there is no use of panicking as well since you cant control things.
Old 29th September 2005, 13:03   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasopi
I really wonder if any IT MNC will adopt scenario 2 though its the best one. I have seen guys laid off for no reason of their own..
I know that my company has done that in the past.
Old 29th September 2005, 13:14   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
@Deepakhon, I believe there is big difference between being informed before being chucked out of company and company widing up. It would be almost impossible to communicate this to customer who can be in any part of India.
OK. Probably I used the wrong example here.

My idea of communicating with the customer is to prepare a proper exit plan and let the customer know through some media interactions, etc. Ofcourse, there is no way each individual can be communicated. But there should be some effort to let the customers know what is happening. There does not seem to be any attempt from Fiat India as of now. You may argue that time is not ripe yet to communicate, but they should give indications as to what they are doing. The idea is to be forthright with the customers. If they are planning to get out, they might as well speak out and tell the customers that the exit plan will be communicated as and when it is ready. It is good to give the big picture now and then provide details of what they are planning. This is much better than letting the rumours float around and everyone making their own assessment of the situation. if they think that people might not buy their products if they say they are getting out, well, nobody is buying them now either . So, no need to worry on that count.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks