Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: When is Fiat India going to shut down?
2005 : They cant survive any longer. 22 9.05%
2006 25 10.29%
2007 or in the whereabouts. 21 8.64%
I dont agree. Fiat India is here to stay - They will pull off a miracle. 175 72.02%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2005, 17:35   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepdeshmukh
I still feel .. a good platform/launch ..and Fiat will be back with bang..
Umm no! Its not the car which is the problem. Fiat Palio 1.2/1.6 are one of the best cars in the market today.
The problem is dealers.
Let me clarify with an example.
A guy bought a brand new GTX for 50000 discount. The car started giving all sort of problems within 6 months and the dealer kept on telling him he does not have a problem. After lots of investigation he realized that the dealer had sold him a 2002 palio. The car was rotting in the godown. It had also been used as a test drive vehicle. Ideally the company should have given him a new car, but they dont care. And neither do the dealers
Old 7th February 2005, 17:40   #32
BHPian

Currently, I have a Matiz, a fantastic car (in that class) and I have absolutely no regrets for not going in for a Santro. The only hitch I would say is the resale value. But the low resale value of the car makes it such tremendous value, that I simply don't feel like selling it (and upgrading it and losing a lot of money in the process).

I feel, the weightage of company reputation is generally given higher than what it deserves. The Palio and Petra are superb cars. If I have to buy a car in that segment, it will be one of them. After all buying a car is such an emotional decision. If you fall inlove with Palio/Petra, who cares about FIAT?

HK
Old 7th February 2005, 18:35   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas
I don't think people regret so much after buying an excellent car(palio or a petra). At least I am not.
-Sivadas

its not the car that is the problem.its the brand name.
as long as you dont really care about ASS,just njoyyyyy ur drive.
because fiat ka KAL HO NA HO
Old 7th February 2005, 18:42   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
its not the car that is the problem.its the brand name.
as long as you dont really care about ASS,just njoyyyyy ur drive.
because fiat ka KAL HO NA HO
Hillarious hehe.

Drifter
Old 7th February 2005, 19:20   #35
BHPian

let's hope fiat doesn't close down - now that i have booked the palio d which should be coming in 10 days. i am in touch with 1 of the sales managers mr. uplanchi - he assures me that there is no question of fiat closing down. also they are launching a new website - so the existing one will be down for a few days more - invited me over for lunch at the fiat factory. an offer that i intend to take up - will keep you posted on anything interesting - in the meantime, all fiat owners, lets keep our fingers crossed
Old 7th February 2005, 20:13   #36
Senior - BHPian

Well,Fiat is here to stay.Regardless of thier image etc etc etc,its not gonna be wiped off so easily.They have been in this game for a long time.Its just a matter of realisation.I personally have no trust in Fiat.But then i dunt even have any bad intentions towards them.If all the customers on our site are even 50% happy with thier service,it means Fiat is putting up well,if not good.
I am hoping they try and get thier image in place soon.

X
Old 7th February 2005, 23:23   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cream
now that i have booked the palio d which should be coming in 10 days. i am in touch with 1 of the sales managers mr. uplanchi - he assures me that there is no question of fiat closing down. also they are launching a new website - so the existing one will be down for a few days more - invited me over for lunch at the fiat factory. an offer that i intend to take up - will keep you posted on anything interesting - in the meantime, all fiat owners, lets keep our fingers crossed

wow that great news.
and congrats on ur D

drive safe
Old 8th February 2005, 13:54   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cream
let's hope fiat doesn't close down - now that i have booked the palio d which should be coming in 10 days. i am in touch with 1 of the sales managers mr. uplanchi - he assures me that there is no question of fiat closing down. also they are launching a new website - so the existing one will be down for a few days more - invited me over for lunch at the fiat factory. an offer that i intend to take up - will keep you posted on anything interesting - in the meantime, all fiat owners, lets keep our fingers crossed
I have been hearing the crap about relaunching the website and including Petra in the new site for last two months. Don't believe in all sales pitch! Or rather take it with a pinch of salt. But make sure you have a good lunch
Old 13th February 2005, 15:15   #39
BHPian

Folks,

check this out..

http://www.forbes.com/associatedpres...ap1822711.html

This update says the big gun himself is apparently planning a trip to India... lets see if he indeed manages to shake up things here, announce a infusion of money, and new models.. no harm in being optimistic ;-)
Old 13th February 2005, 15:30   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

thats good news
maybe he will help fiat india by sacking its heads
Old 1st March 2005, 14:59   #41
BANNED

fiat will never shut down.. never ever its impossible.. can u see the company of ferrari shut down..
Old 1st March 2005, 15:53   #42
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Maybach,

We arent talking about Fiat SPa (Parent company in Europe). We are speaking about Fiat India.

GTO
Old 1st March 2005, 16:27   #43
BANNED

i m sorry.. i meant fiat owns ferrari so i dont think it will let itself shutdown here in India as India is a major market for its cars..
Old 1st March 2005, 16:45   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybach
i m sorry.. i meant fiat owns ferrari so i dont think it will let itself shutdown here in India as India is a major market for its cars..
That is rather paradoxical statement Everyone is talking about Fiat closing the shop since it is unable to sell its cars in India. May be you meant "potential" major market.
RX135 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2005, 17:47   #45
Senior - BHPian

The best and most heartning peice of news is the poll result here. i voted for the miracle
(but was in doubt whwther i would be one of the very few people here), coz i dont know whether fiat will do it or no but i damn well want them to do it!

their cars are much better cars than the korean cars we have available here - its just the simple case of a brand name gone bad .

i dunno how they can do it but i really really wanna see them pull this off. and i can see that the majority of the community here too wants the same !

cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks