Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: When is Fiat India going to shut down?
2005 : They cant survive any longer. 22 9.05%
2006 25 10.29%
2007 or in the whereabouts. 21 8.64%
I dont agree. Fiat India is here to stay - They will pull off a miracle. 175 72.02%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2005, 17:58   #46
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The best and most heartning peice of news is the poll result here. i voted for the miracle
Dude, 50% of the community has predicted that they will shut down. The 50% is divided only on the timing factor.

GTO
Old 1st March 2005, 18:34   #47
BANNED

Fiat: waking up from a stupor

http://www.just-auto.com/news_detail.asp?art=47310
Old 1st March 2005, 19:41   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasopi
"...Other than in Italy though, where the spend is to be maintained, Fiat is not going to help dealers with product ads. Far too much has been wasted outside Italy, he believes, and the wastage is to be capped..."

Is he joking, No marketing spend outside Italy? What about websites, in rs. 2 lakhs one can put up a grand site.

In India are they expecting word of mouth and customer reviews to sell 16000 cars a year?

No ads, no promos will only make the dealer gotchas (read Sundarams ASS) news worthy - make prospective buyers scared, low sales, high fixed costs -- end of story.
Old 5th March 2005, 02:20   #49

invited me over for lunch at the fiat factory. an offer that i intend to take up - will keep you posted on anything interesting - in the meantime, all fiat owners, lets keep our fingers crossed[/quote]

People at Fiat inviting confirmed/potential customers for lunch......Now thats a novel way of keeping the company is business.

Listen all you guys who predict a doomsday for Fiat and you listen good. Fiat will never close down its India ops. This company is a proven Phoenix. Just you wait. And times will change for the better very soon. Do you think a company that has such EXCELLENT products like the Palio, Petra will just sink. And the arsenal is huge. Forget the Ferraris , Fiat has the Alfa Romeo, Lancia, Maserati brands under its belt.

Remember the wheel of fortune turns such that he who is at the bottom today will be at the top and he who is at the top will be at the bottom. Philosophical, Passionate eh??

Thats what all Fiat lovers are....!!! People.....I say again....drive a Palio 1.6 GTX and you will understand why I wrote the above.

Fiat`s revival.....Not if or how, but today or tomorrow, that is the question...

Forever Young, Forever Fiat,
Nick.
Old 5th March 2005, 13:15   #50
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Remember the wheel of fortune turns such that he who is at the bottom today will be at the top and he who is at the top will be at the bottom. Philosophical, Passionate eh??
Unfortunately, the auto industry is not a merry go round.

Rest only time will tell.

GTO
Old 7th March 2005, 08:26   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Dude, 50% of the community has predicted that they will shut down. The 50% is divided only on the timing factor.

GTO
The poll choices were like that, Isn't it? Instead of 3 different years for Fiat's collapse, you should have probably put an option "Fiat might survive" .
Old 27th March 2005, 22:39   #52
BHPian

Well,cannot predict when FIAT INDIA shuts shop but the dealer in Bhopal(Vindhyachal Motors)has closed down this month.Last year,Prudential Automobiles,Indore had closed down.
When spoken to,the owner confessed that there was absolutely no support from the company and he was a good dealer for the kind of service he provided me even though my car was purchased from Pune.Infact,both my free services were done by him.Now the nearest dealer for me is either at Gwalior(400 kms) or Nagpur(425 kms).
In the end,to survive the dealer was selling "TOBU" brand of products which included Toddler bicycles,cycles,prams etc from the showroom.These products dominated the showroom than those stunning palios and petras!!!
As a customer and lover of FIAT products I expect them to bounce back but as of today the scenario is bad and chances look bleak.
Lets Hope for the best .

Rahul.
Old 28th March 2005, 00:14   #53
Team-BHP Support

Hey Nick please tell us whether the lunch party is over or is yet to be had... and if you hear some good news please dont hesitate to share it...hoping to hear from you...
Old 28th March 2005, 13:38   #54
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
In the end,to survive the dealer was selling "TOBU" brand of products which included Toddler bicycles,cycles,prams etc from the showroom.These products dominated the showroom than those stunning palios and petras!!!
Tch, Tch, tch. The sad saga of an absolutely depressed organisation.

Any motivational speakers out there who wouldnt mind a trip to Fiat India?

GTO
Old 28th March 2005, 16:22   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Tch, Tch, tch. The sad saga of an absolutely depressed organisation.

Any motivational speakers out there who wouldnt mind a trip to Fiat India?

GTO

:( True. I really don't know what is wrong with them. Perfect case of the frog(s) in the well. Makes me mad too.
Old 20th April 2005, 20:41   #56
Team-BHP Support

If someone is interested to read check this out "http://www.italiaspeed.com/2005/motor_show/geneva/review/alfa_romeo/kalbfell/0203.html"
Old 27th April 2005, 17:26   #57
BANNED

Fiat cars return to Singapore roads after a 5-year absence

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...144767/1/.html
Old 27th April 2005, 21:01   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasopi
Fiat cars return to Singapore roads after a 5-year absence

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...144767/1/.html
hm 40 cars sold on opening showroom GOOD
target of selling 400 cars in first year - depends upoon service provided by dealer
Old 28th April 2005, 20:05   #59
BHPian

Looks like lot of people believe in Miracles..

Or atleast, they are hoping for a Miracle..

IMO, Fiat will need not a small miracle, but a HUGE miracle to survive, It cannot survive just on enthusiast's support, but needs public junta to buy their cars.. I dont see that happening in the near future..
Old 28th April 2005, 20:51   #60
Senior - BHPian

Forget survival guys, even if they survive the way they are doing now, wats the point. According to April issue of Overdrive, in the month of February 2005:

Maruti Udyog sold 23,314 cars
Tata Motors sold 9,152 cars
Hyundai Motor Ind 7,047 cars
FIAT INDIA sold 127 cars

Mind you, this is the compact class I am refering to

Last edited by Stratos : 28th April 2005 at 20:54.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks