Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: When is Fiat India going to shut down?
2005 : They cant survive any longer. 22 9.05%
2006 25 10.29%
2007 or in the whereabouts. 21 8.64%
I dont agree. Fiat India is here to stay - They will pull off a miracle. 175 72.02%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2005, 15:42   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos
Yes talking about the midsize segment, FIAT sold 75 cars in FEB, where as Tata sold 3519, maruti sold 2513, Hyundai 2235.

Please people, try to accept Facts

I don't think anyone is denying those facts Stratos. The facts are pretty clear and any sane person can see them. I however cannot understand the pleasure you seem to derive from the said facts. That I think is more galling than anything else.

Fiat is closing down? Time will tell. Many people here dont think so. That in itself does not warrant the hilarity that you and some others are so keen on demonstrating time and time again.
Old 29th April 2005, 15:49   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasopi
U r wrong..becos FIAT India has only Palio & that is in premium hatchback segment.
the above figures given by STRATOS is utterly misleading..
Ok.Here is the page I scanned from Overdrive. Now dont say the Page is misleading
Old 29th April 2005, 15:52   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
Fiat is closing down? Time will tell. Many people here dont think so. That in itself does not warrant the hilarity that you and some others are so keen on demonstrating time and time again.
No dude. Do u think I have a personal fight with FIAT?? Its just that I posted the sale figures. If people cant digest the facts, its their problem. I love Fiat cars too. But again......no point explaning! See the Image in my previous post.
Old 29th April 2005, 16:09   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No dude. Do u think I have a personal fight with FIAT?? Its just that I posted the sale figures. If people cant digest the facts, its their problem. I love Fiat cars too. But again......no point explaning! See the Image in my previous post.

I understand dude. But that is no reason to behave as others do. You are a moderator.
Old 29th April 2005, 16:15   #80
BHPian

Hi Fiat lovers,
I work in Bangalore and I bought a Fiat Petra petrol (Black)Last month, I never cared about all these rumours and went ahead, People who are really looking to buy new Sedan should atleast take a test drive of Petra and then decide.... I am sure they will definetly get confused.

Byeeee
Old 29th April 2005, 16:30   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Gotta meet this dude!
GTO
He is a doctor and stays near my house. But on serious note, if I were to buy the car again, I would go ahead and buy a Petra, simply because I like that car much and I don't care about Fiat's future and resale value. A good machine was my criteria and Petra fits perfectly there.

Last edited by RX135 : 29th April 2005 at 16:46.
Old 29th April 2005, 16:31   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
I understand dude. But that is no reason to behave as others do. You are a moderator.
Being a moderator does not mean that I shouldnt reply and show the truth and facts to others. Wat was the wrong behaviour. I havent put my own sale figures. I have put the truth in front and will always do that.
Old 29th April 2005, 16:45   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Being a moderator does not mean that I shouldnt reply and show the truth and facts to others. Wat was the wrong behaviour. I havent put my own sale figures. I have put the truth in front and will always do that.

I am not arguing about the truth in the sales figures. I am referring to the generous use of emoticons. It looks kind of condescending. That's all. But then it is your choice. Peace dude. Please check your first post. And try to see it from the PoV of a Fiat owner. I think it was sort of insensitive, and maybe what prompted the reply from Hasopi in the first place.
Old 29th April 2005, 16:47   #84
Senior - BHPian

I dont understand the Fuss!! But lemme tell you the fact that the emoticon was not meant for any hard feelings to a FIAT owner alright!!
Old 29th April 2005, 17:04   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont understand the Fuss!! But lemme tell you the fact that the emoticon was not meant for any hard feelings to a FIAT owner alright!!
Ok dude. I will buy you a beer ... if you drink. Just remind me when we meet.
Old 29th April 2005, 20:22   #86
BHPian

One thing I want to point out and that is if you look on Mumbai roads, you will see atleast 3 cars out of 10 as Palio. Thy are just everywhere.

Try noticing it when you drive down to work guys.
Old 29th April 2005, 22:21   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manupriyam
One thing I want to point out and that is if you look on Mumbai roads, you will see atleast 3 cars out of 10 as Palio. Thy are just everywhere.
Try noticing it when you drive down to work guys.
Nice point there. Infact I was about to post this on one of the never ending Fiat threads. I stay in a big complex in Kandivali. There are around 200 cars and Palios have a decent number (15). A couple of GTX as well. Also the place where I work there are around 50 odd cars out of which 12 are Palio and 1 Siena. Apart from this whenever I travel home-office and back I always spot lots of Palios (Not 3 out 10 though) but a decent no. of palios. Haven't seen a Petra on Mumbai road as yet. Well, I am not trying to prove any point here. Just my observation.

How come so many Palios be on road 'regularly' if it has such a bad FE?

Last edited by Rock 'n' rollz : 29th April 2005 at 22:24.
Old 29th April 2005, 22:32   #88
BANNED

Quote:

Come on People learn to admit the facts. What Stratos is telling is absolutely true and i agree 100% with him.

And as far as fiat goes all i can say is

p.s is their site up or not??
Old 29th April 2005, 22:39   #89
Senior - BHPian

On a personal note...whenver I login in to this forum, i am tired of seeing more and more new posts that Fiat is going to die...After all I am a Fiat owner. We have atleast 15 - 20 frequent members here who are also owners of Fiats. We don't feel good whenever somebody talks about Fiat's fate. Every member of tbhp is here because we worship our cars and we feel them as our beloved. They are part of our lives. We are never going to like when somebody talks bad about our cars or the manufacturer.

Even non fiat owners know how good the Fiats are and everybody is aware of Fiat's sales. So why keep on driving the point. Whenver we post something good about Fiat, the thread for sure becomes controversial with people fighting over Fiat's fate. Whoever is buying a Fiat is not buying the car out of stupidity or unawareness of Fiat. They buy the car because they just love it and don't want to compromise for anything.

Moderators, please close all these Fiat threads before the members turn Fiat and non Fiat groups.
Old 29th April 2005, 22:40   #90
BANNED

Moderators

Its my earnest request to the moderators to kindly lock the fiat threads as none will reach any conclusion and will just leed to unsought arguements among our family of bhpians

I hope Fiat learns action speaks louder then words rather then just creating havoc on forums like ours.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks