Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: When is Fiat India going to shut down?
2005 : They cant survive any longer. 22 9.05%
2006 25 10.29%
2007 or in the whereabouts. 21 8.64%
I dont agree. Fiat India is here to stay - They will pull off a miracle. 175 72.02%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2009, 10:26   #346
Senior - BHPian

Clearly they have showed that they are going to fight back and are not going away like bad losers. To some extent they have succeeded, Linea is here, Punto will be here soon. If they keep bringing new models and new options to Indian consumers, its a matter of time before we can say they truly belong here
Old 10th February 2009, 10:36   #347
BHPian

Fiat shutting down

Is this poll relevant? It looks way out of date. If anything needs shutting down, its this poll.
I'm proud Fiat is still around. My Palio speaks for itself.
Old 10th February 2009, 10:45   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
If they do it, well and good. I may buy actually buy a Fiat. I love the products, to looks, the feel, finish, (even the analog ODO on the current hatch). But frankly, am scared.
Go for it man, things are not that bad. I am a FIAT owner and i chose FIAT over Ford, Tata and Maruti.

Well every car has everything, though there are few things which only a Fiat car has, its the passion and the solidity that one feels when drving one.

A FIAT car makes 'ENVY' towards every other car and that is the reason for all the Hue & Cry about brand FIAT ( as its a minority ). In recent times I havent seen any FIAT owner regretting there purchase.
Old 10th February 2009, 12:06   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
In recent times I havent seen any FIAT owner regretting there purchase.

In fact I got so much emotionally attached to this, I cant even imagine selling my beloved warhorse Palio D, though I'm looking for an upgrade. Waiting for the Grande Punto to solve the problem.
Old 10th February 2009, 12:25   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
In recent times I havent seen any FIAT owner regretting there purchase.

In fact, I'm struggling to sell my beloved warhorse Palio D, though I'm planning to upgrade it. I never experienced an emotional attachment with any other car, though I had a Maruti 800 for more than 6 yrs. I've decided that my next car also will be a fiat (Grande Punto)
Old 10th February 2009, 12:55   #351
BHPian

crikey!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post
Is this poll relevant? It looks way out of date. If anything needs shutting down, its this poll.
I'm proud Fiat is still around. My Palio speaks for itself.

i completely agree...

i generally stay away from discussions like this because i see no point in them. they all tend to turn into major ego clashes between people, which is not only silly but extremely disturbing to see. i almost walked away from this when a little voice said, 'don't.'

bumping this thread seems to be a blatant attempt at further mud slinging at an already beleagured brand..

honestly guys, there are loads of cars and companies out there who behave as badly as many fiat dealers. what really ticks me off is when people with little or no experience with the company, bad mouth it after hearing 2nd hand reports from other people. (most of whom have ALSO not had 1st hand experiences!!!) speak to anyone who owns a fiat - no one will deny that the customer service leaves a lot to be desired, but they will all swear by their respective rides. i own a 6 yr old palio and it is being traded in for yet another offering from fiat.

i am sane, happy, perfectly capable of making rational choices (my two boys and a happy wife are living testament to the same) and i choose to pick up a fiat as my second car - again.

i'm sure there are loads of others out there like me, who believe in the products that fiat manufacture, so if there are people who distrust the company and their products, so be it. i don't see the point in repeating it in thread after thread after thread. in a democracy and especially in a democratic environment such as this forum, lets at-least be civil and learn to give the devil his due. for all the faults that FIAL has shown, there still are a number of people (like myself) who believe in the good bits of fiat.

hey, if someone likes a maruti and/or a honda over a fiat - i don't see anyone stopping them from buying it - every time there is ANY talk of buying a fiat - comments like, "their a** is rubbish.... the company won't last.... they are bound to fail... even the palio doen't sell...." are the 1st things you see on the thread.

i'm sure prospective buyers are aware of the risks and pitfalls - why are they constantly repeated? please stop sullying the name for the sake of posts on a forum.

i can see that i am about to get flamed by millions of people, a lot of them claiming that they have the right to speak and be heard exactly the same as i do... my sincere request, lets drop THIS topic to write about. so, in advance guys, if i don't respond to the flaming, its not because i have nothing to say or that anyone is vindicated in his or her prejudices, it's just that i (heres that word again...) choose to stay away from this discussion.

MODS, this thread really needs to be shut down, since it is irrelevant, derisive, divisive and at some level downright humiliating for past, present and future fiat owners.

stay sane and drive safe guys.
Old 10th February 2009, 13:21   #352
Senior - BHPian

Guys, this is a really old thread when ground realities were quite different from what they are today. While Fiat was in the doldrums when this thread was created, today Fiat seems to be promising change with the Linea and other planned releases. No point in raving against opinions in a 4 year old thread.

To know how much things have changed over the years, all you need to do is look at who voted for which option in the poll. Back then, speedzak still had hope for Fiat (which he obviously seems to have lost over the years), given that he voted for the option, "I dont agree. Fiat India is here to stay - They will pull off a miracle."

@bIte tHe bulLet, first this,
Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet
i am sane, happy, perfectly capable of making rational choices (my two boys and a happy wife are living testament to the same) and i choose to pick up a fiat as my second car - again.
and then your signature, which says :
Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet
my wife and i were happy for 20 years....THEN we met each other!!!"
Just kidding. Could not resist. No offense intended.
Old 10th February 2009, 13:42   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post

@bIte tHe bulLet, first this,

and then your signature, which says :
Just kidding. Could not resist. No offense intended.

DAMN - i HAVE to change my signature before getting riled up again!!!

he he he he... none taken man. that was one that i really walked into with my eyes wide open!!!

i enjoy it when people take pot shots where justified... i disagree with the concept of, for want of a better term, "flogging a dead horse."
Old 10th February 2009, 14:42   #354
Senior - BHPian

The title should be changed to - "how much longer before they close this poll?"
Old 10th February 2009, 14:53   #355
Senior - BHPian

The brand bashing is mostly by people who have never used them

I agree with Bitethebullet. Most of the brand bashers here (including the ones who lump all cars originating from a country or continent and then proceed to trash them) are ones who have never owned (or used for a decent length of time) the vehicles they so willingly deride. Their posts seem to be based on 'hearsay' i.e. second hand or even third hand "experience". Most owners of the cars they bash however swear by them.

Most of the Fiat or German car bashing seems to stem from experiences or stories about the dealers, now any intelligent person will distinguish between a bad vehicle and a bad mechanic (dealer).

I would give more credence to the posts by the owners, if anyone has any cause to complain it would be the owners/users.

Personally, I have used and/or owned German cars and cars from Fiat as well as cars from other marquees. I have found the dealers to be equally bad or good. The vehicles themselves have their individual traits - both advantages and drawbacks.

I have never had any cause for complaint about either Fiat or the German cars, bless them and hope they live long, else the Asians will have a monopoly and I hate a monopoly (not the board game - I love that one).

Just for laffs - Fiat is not dead (yet) but this poll is - just look at those timelines!

Cheers.
Old 10th February 2009, 20:15   #356
BHPian

completely agree with you.

A happy palio owner from 2002,

[quote=bIte tHe bulLet;1165447]i completely agree...

i generally stay away from discussions like this because i see no point in them. they all tend to turn into major ego clashes between people, which is not only silly but extremely disturbing to see. i almost walked away from this when a little voice said, 'don't.'
Old 10th February 2009, 20:38   #357
Senior - BHPian

its ironic to see this thread now, fiat was in doldrums when this thread was started.. i guess its nice to read back and think - "wow! would you have ever imagined this?"
Old 11th February 2009, 08:09   #358
Senior - BHPian

really happy for fiat,they are starting to get the recognition they deserved.
back in 2005 i bought a fiat because i wanted exclusivity then i realized its not a bad car at all.
Only The service problem had to be solved.
Fiat india should have chosen a better partner than tata. Maybe a mahindra would have spiced up things long back.
Old 11th February 2009, 09:13   #359
Senior - BHPian

The major factor for FIAT's survival/revival in India is Multijet engine. This has brought in a lot of hope. I agree that FIAT Chose a wrong partner in TATA. That would be the only sore point which could lead to closure of FIAT in India.
Old 11th February 2009, 11:52   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
back in 2005 i bought a fiat because i wanted exclusivity then i realized its not a bad car at all.
Only The service problem had to be solved.
My recipe for getting good service:

1. Display a little knowledge (so he knows he cant take you for a ride)

2. Display a little ignorance (so his ego is satisfied)

3. Use a little charm (treat the guy working on your car as your friend)

4. Be firm (particularly with managers etc. who need to be reminded who is boss - never tell the guy on the shop floor that you are his boss - he has too many bosses on his back already and you will be treated with the same scorn that he treats his bosses).

5. Tip generously (the good work on your car will more than pay you back - in any case this is India and "baksheesh" is the time honoured custom).

Mix ingredientts together and stir well. Serve sizzling hot. It never fails to get the results!

Forget all the balderdash about rights, customer privileges etc. (Read Sam's thread on Yeti guide to air travel).

Cheers and happy driving.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks