Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: When is Fiat India going to shut down?
2005 : They cant survive any longer. 22 9.05%
2006 25 10.29%
2007 or in the whereabouts. 21 8.64%
I dont agree. Fiat India is here to stay - They will pull off a miracle. 175 72.02%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2009, 16:25   #361
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
(which he obviously seems to have lost over the years),
I shouldn't have driven any more Fiats nor tried to keep one for long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
"I dont agree. Fiat India is here to stay - They will pull off a miracle."
I still think they need a miracle to perform well and deliver as a proper manufacturer.
Old 11th February 2009, 16:40   #362
BHPian

Can the mods please add 2009 as well in the poll . We need to track this year by year , lest we miss out on the actual event
Old 11th February 2009, 16:41   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
its ironic to see this thread now, fiat was in doldrums when this thread was started.. i guess its nice to read back and think - "wow! would you have ever imagined this?"
I really wish Fiat well because more competition is better for me as a consumer. However, Fiat is definitely not out of the doldrums in India, and 1-2 months do not make a year.

Many people may have good experiences with Fiat, but then many have not. One of my friends had a Palio and had a really hard time selling it off. He was however pretty satisfied with the car. Now even with Linea, he is not willing to touch a Fiat product again.

In the above experience, substitute Palio for Corsa and Fiat for GM and you have me.
Old 11th February 2009, 18:55   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
The major factor for FIAT's survival/revival in India is Multijet engine. This has brought in a lot of hope. I agree that FIAT Chose a wrong partner in TATA. That would be the only sore point which could lead to closure of FIAT in India.
On the contrary i believe its been good for them. Linea is doing good at the moment and many people are waiting for Grand Punto. Tata has provided them a base atleast to sell their product. Who else was going to do that - Hyundai,Honda or GM?
Old 11th February 2009, 19:34   #365
BHPian

FIAT will stay and make it big.

They might have had their blunders - that to BIG Blunders, but with the GP & Linnea i am sure they will come back.

Just for taught:- Imagine if the UNO would have been produced as per the booking and all the guys including me who had book the uno in 1994 had received their Wheels. Then do u think the 800's, Altos, the other 2 decade old cars would have continued for as long as they have been doing......??

I AM SURE WE ALL AGREE FIAT'S SURVIVEL and SUCCESS will ensure we receive good Quality cars and not 2 decade old car with Sports/Music and other editions.
Old 11th February 2009, 19:48   #366
BHPian

Many Fiat Fanboys are having second thoughts about their decision, it would be very good of them to shut shop and leave the country and spare the misery to thousands of unsuspecting victims, the Linea sales are good but the people who have booked the car dosen't seem to be very much happy.
Old 11th February 2009, 20:05   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Many Fiat Fanboys are having second thoughts about their decision, it would be very good of them to shut shop and leave the country and spare the misery to thousands of unsuspecting victims, the Linea sales are good but the people who have booked the car dosen't seem to be very much happy.
Haha! Pretty strong statements. But guess we are used to such statements from your side now (your signature is a prime example).

You were associated with Fiat for sometime. But you had your own reasons to part ways, and I truly appreciate that. But ranting about them in each and every post of yours ? I guess you should show a little bit more professionalism.

As someone said, Fiat did make some blunders, but they are indeed putting a lot of effort to reverse their fortunes. I think Linea is a "world class" car, (Engine is a different issue, they are not really targeting the hep crowd anyways). And I really believe GP will change the whole segment altogether.

I am no Fiat fanboy. No one in my family owns one. But I have to accept that they want to do something big out here!

And muneem,
Can you post references to the people who are not happy with the Linea purchase ? Have they even taken delivery of their cars ?
Old 11th February 2009, 21:29   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
But ranting about them in each and every post of yours ? I guess you should show a little bit more professionalism.

As someone said, Fiat did make some blunders, but they are indeed putting a lot of effort to reverse their fortunes. I think Linea is a "world class" car, (Engine is a different issue, they are not really targeting the hep crowd anyways). And I really believe GP will change the whole segment altogether.

I am no Fiat fanboy. No one in my family owns one. But I have to accept that they want to do something big out here!

And muneem,
Can you post references to the people who are not happy with the Linea purchase ? Have they even taken delivery of their cars ?
I never used to rant about Fiat outright,but the current scene looks like Fiat's future is bleak, customer satisfaction is a thing people buying a million rupee car would expect.

There is no need for such a thing as professionalism in the case of Fiat because they don't show any of that,if they did have something called professionalism they would tell the people who had booked the car when their car will be delivered, instead of keeping a deafening silence,this is not the case of one person, but have heard the same story from a bhpian also.

And I can't figure out where their effort is going ,the people at Fiat seemed so enthusiastic at the second innings that they are getting,but that doesn't seem to be reflecting in the customer side, I hope this changes in the coming months ,if not they surely are going down the drain, and please talk to somebody with a First hand experience in dealing with a fiat dealer or service person they will give you a correct perspective about what they went through.

I am not going to post any references whoever wants to come out in the open will do that i guess.
Old 11th February 2009, 21:53   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I never used to rant about Fiat outright,but the current scene looks like Fiat's future is bleak, customer satisfaction is a thing people buying a million rupee car would expect.
Why only a million rupee car ? Even buyers of M800 and Santro also look for Customer satisfaction. And from a dealer's point of view, CSat scores are always low. For all they care about is selling their cars and nothing else. What is so different here ?

Quote:
There is no need for such a thing as professionalism in the case of Fiat because they don't show any of that,if they did have something called professionalism they would tell the people who had booked the car when their car will be delivered, instead of keeping a deafening silence,this is not the case of one person, but have heard the same story from a bhpian also.
Do people who book the Swift/Dzire DDiS get to know when exactly the cars will be delivered ? If you are talking about the Linea, its a very new product. No matter how much market analysis goes into it, you can never anticipate the demand. And try to meet it efficiently. Guess once the Linea hype gets over and things settle down, we'll get to see the professionalism of Fiat India.
Quote:
And I can't figure out where their effort is going ,the people at Fiat seemed so enthusiastic at the second innings that they are getting,but that doesn't seem to be reflecting in the customer side, I hope this changes in the coming months ,if not they surely are going down the drain, and please talk to somebody with a First hand experience in dealing with a fiat dealer or service person they will give you a correct perspective about what they went through.
Fiat is excited. And so are the customers. If you take Team-BHP as a base, we had some thousand posts on the Linea even before anyone saw it in flesh. The thread about the 1st Linea on the forum had the maximum no of replies/hits compared to any other cars. Lots of people were excited about the launch of the Linea. And these people were the ones who wanted an able competitor to the City. And I dont think they are disappointed.
Old 11th February 2009, 22:05   #370
BHPian

Quote:

I am not going to post any references whoever wants to come out in the open will do that i guess.
I think Muneem you should not stop ranting about FIAT now. Just because you had bad experience and left the job (possibly fired) does not mean the FIAT India situation is worse.

Case of sour grapes..?

FIAT failed in its first two attempts, but at least they are working in right direction right now. Experience what I got was good. May be it was not over the top but acceptable and certainly not the one which warrants brick brats.

Common lets enjoy the Admiration..!!
Old 11th February 2009, 22:44   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Wow thats news to me, i was under the impression that Fiat, finally was making an effort to come back into the market. Now if anyone is buying a 10Lakh car can surely kiss customer satisfaction good bye.

Quote:
I like the word "hope" in your message, is the first hand experience in the present tense or past, if its present, personally it has been good.

BTW, i like your signature Futile Italian Attempt @ Transportation is this from personal experience? I hope not.

I think this is one of those
Old 11th February 2009, 23:45   #372
BHPian

The Wait is still on..

Quote:
Haha! Pretty strong statements. But guess we are used to such statements from your side now (your signature is a prime example).

You were associated with Fiat for sometime. But you had your own reasons to part ways, and I truly appreciate that. But ranting about them in each and every post of yours ? I guess you should show a little bit more professionalism.

And muneem,
Hey Guyz,

I wont say that i am not happy with my Linea Purchase, but just a bit disappointed. I booked my Linea (Petrol) on the 7th Jan, initially i was told that i would get it by the 20th of Feb, but after my interactions with the dealer i think it is gonna be March. Infact the dealer doesnt have the date. This is my first car, so I am still all the bit excited about my Linea. Few of my friends have test driven the Petrol and Diesel Linea and all gave positive feedbacks. Only -ve being the power being a bit less (They have earlier driven civic, corola etc), but agreed of this being a good family sedan. And by the way, I still believe that it is a much better VFM over ANHC ( I had booked ANHC before buying the Linea).

Last edited by tinkywinky : 11th February 2009 at 23:48. Reason: missed out a comment
Old 11th February 2009, 23:54   #373
Senior - BHPian

Oh no, not again!

Can't we have a sane discussion about a car, a product, it's manufacturer, dealers and servicing.

Does every thread have to have disgruntled employees venting venom for actual or perceived wrongs at the hands of an erstwhile employer? Views of employees (present or past) sharing their personal experience as an user or owner of a product is always welcome. Employees sharing their view from the inside is also fine. There is however a fine line between an expose and ranting.

Quote:
I never used to rant about Fiat outright, . . .

That statement flies in the face of the following post which is pure venom and bile.

Quote:
I cannot put it better than:

Quote:
Cheers &
May peace prevail!

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th February 2009 at 23:58. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 12th February 2009, 00:01   #374
BHPian

Gee, this is a very old post, we are now in 2009 and Fiat is bringing in newer models and has had a great tie-up with TATA in 2007, so i guess the debate ends there itself.

I have no doubt that Fiat vehicles are awesome and infact the best value for money vehicles on Indian roads. The Fiat India story itself goes a long way with PAL.

The fit and finish is the best in its class and no other manufacturer comes closer for the price offerings.

The service could have been a little better and TATA has done a good job overall, but its still quite some way to go..

Way to go FIAT..
Old 12th February 2009, 08:13   #375
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
I agree that FIAT Chose a wrong partner in TATA. That would be the only sore point which could lead to closure of FIAT in India.
Interesting. Who else was willing / interested to form a business alliance with FIAT?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks