Team-BHP - Using A/C in a car !!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Using A/C in a car !! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/3809-using-c-car.html)

Does anybody here feel sick with the A/C on in the car. I feel suffocated and gagged accompanied with a terrible headache when the car A/C is on and its hot outside. Besides, if i were to get in and out of the car during one of my wifes shopping adventures i feel really sick and get some kind of weakness.. Note, none of these things happen when i take my wife shopping on a bike or if i keep the car A/C off..

I just want to know if i am the odd one out :confused: or this is a common thing amongst others as well. Also if there is a way to prevent the drain of energy resulting from the car A/C. please: I am wondering what good is the A/C anyways??

Please post your suggestions.. please:

sometimes yea in that case get tints on the car. so the heat does not come in full on.

Oh i forgot to mention, it has tints on the glass..

Hey man, maybe you are running the a/c with the vents closed all the time. with the vents closed, the air inside keeps getting re-circulated... which eventually leads to air with very less oxygen in it. Run the a/c with vents closed only to reach the lower temps.. then open the vents of the a/c and let some fresh air come in.

go for the darkest tints then or may be u can use a nice freshner in ur car ..

Quote:

Hey man, maybe you are running the a/c with the vents closed all the time. with the vents closed, the air inside keeps getting re-circulated... which eventually leads to air with very less oxygen in it. Run the a/c with vents closed only to reach the lower temps.. then open the vents of the a/c and let some fresh air come in.
Yup this is a serious case especially when you're doing long distance for hours without rolling down your windows. Even the manuals says, it's good to keep the vents open when the A/C is on. You can close them only if there's smoke or dust getting inside.

Shan2nu

Is the air blower directed to your face ? or directed straight to yourselves. Avoid it. Rather the blower should set to spread the air around. I have experienced similar situations on long/short journeys with ac on. Once the cabin is cool set the blower to position 1 and set it for s-p-r-e-a-d of air rather than directing straight to riders. Also check your thermostat settings , it should not be set for max. cool. This sends out chill air, completely dry provided ac is in perfect condition. You can adjust the thermostat as per the coolness in air you require.
Secondly, switch off the ac while the blowers still running a minute or two before you reach your destination. This would help your body to adjust with the outside temperature.

Tarun

I always got a headache, and felt nauseous when I travelled in my friends santro(with the a/c on).

It was first generation santro. It took me a while to realise what was going on, but later asked him to get the system checked for leaks. After a regular "service" of the a/c, everything was fine for a while. But never felt too comfortable in that particular car.

Does this happen to you in all cars, or just one?

some cars feel that way. santro tops the list in some of them. i guess put the ac in fresh mode give it a try.

Santro for sure, But i've also faced the problem in a M800.. Can't be positive about all the cars.. But i just feel comfortable rolling down the windows and shutting the damn a/c off..

Yeah i get the same feeling in some cars...not all but. n yeah running the AC with the vents open for sometime is a good idea.

Drifter

Hmm strange. Never heard of this kind of sickness in a car AC. But i have heard people complain about the constant use of AC in buildings, office home etc.

BTW, what Tarun said about turning off the AC a few minutes before the destination, i've heard that before but for a different reason. I can't remember exactly but the reasoning was that it allows the battery to recharge and the AC system to come back to normalcy. Can anyone shed more light on this?

Only once have I felt nauseous in a car, and that was because I had been travelling for 3 hours with the A/C settings in recirculate!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by man23ish
Please post your suggestions.. please:

A/C selector control should be switched between recirculate and fresh air.
Most of us don't do this because there is nothing called fresh air especially in a city. Other reason why we don't use fresh air position is because of filter blocking problem.

Since you're use to bike and breathing enough of Bangalore, suggest switch off and switch on your A/C while driving in town. Roll the window down but keep the blower on.

when inside the city,u cannot use FRESH AIR setting as the outside dust ,smoke can get into the car .also the blower will get clogged with all the dust.
what you can do is use the recirculation mode and once in a while use the fresh air option .on the highways or in the countryside,you can change over to fresh air,but in side the city it should be recirculation.

if at all u get a sickening feeling roll down your windows and change the blower setting at amximium speed to your feet.so that all the stale air will be thrown out through the window and after maybe 1-2 mins,u can again roll up.this way your blower will get less clogged.