Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2008, 13:17   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

One of the most ridiculous moves he has come up with yet. What good can come of it only he would know. I really wish they would spend their time, enery, efforts and money more productively.

By that school of thought he should only wear a dhoti everyday, no pants. His watch and mobile fone should have marathi numbers.
Old 9th April 2008, 14:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

It is better to rather ban the use of local language number plates and make english as standard. it will be better for the traffic policeman as well.

Abhi
Old 9th April 2008, 15:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

Well this makes my idea of buying a KA regn bike and ride it in mumbai stronger.
Nuts!!!
Old 9th April 2008, 15:22   #19
BHPian

Trust me if this keeps on going we will see our lovely india sliced based on language and caste. These politicians are mo***ns who try to take the people for a ride using these silly issues. Hope we will soon see people realizing this and throws them out.
Old 9th April 2008, 15:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy
It is better to rather ban the use of local language number plates and make english as standard.
Abhi, there already exists clear rules for having the plates only in English and being followed by many states for years. So, what is actually needed is a ban on lousy nuts like this minister.
As the world moves forward, we in India seem to be moving backwards, creating division on the basis of caste, religion, language, region etc.
Old 9th April 2008, 15:53   #21
BHPian

Wow.
And they call India a secular sovereign state.
Old 9th April 2008, 16:31   #22
BHPian

Wow. What an idea?
Sometimes i really wonder at which end these politicians have their brains!

Imagine this. There is a hit and run involving a white maruti 800. I'm the ONLY witness. I see the car get away. I'm a mallu. I try to read the number plate.
HOW???? Go take a crash course in Marathi?
What do i tell the cops? A white maruti? Ha Ha.

I see such stupid things here in Bangalore too. But then, it becomes a sensitive language issue. One should know where to show their love for language / state / nation etc. Beyond a certain point, it becomes a joke.

In Kerala i haven't seen mallu number plates (yet), but i still don't like the idea of having bus boards in Malayalam only......in spite of having so many tourists.
Just my opinion.

-- Torqy
Old 9th April 2008, 16:38   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
It is better to rather ban the use of local language number plates and make english as standard. it will be better for the traffic policeman as well.

Abhi
Thats the law. We can't use national language, only english/roman figures are supposed to be used on number plates.

I doubt if this proposal will get to life ever.
Old 9th April 2008, 17:26   #24
BHPian

Now this is going overboard exactly as other member s pointed out when travelling interstate the vehicle carrying devnagiri number plates are sitting duck s !!

This remind s me of our trip to GOA we were 3 car s and one of our freind had a Wagon R with a devnagiri numberplate on it till Mahrashtra we were good and after crossing into goa from savantwadi also scince we were moving on the highway no problem as such but in the evening we went to Panaji that s where we were caught by a lady RTO officer and was charging us with driving a car w/out number plate s on pointing out the plate she say s where is the number on it she also challanged my freind and asked her go call the politician who gave u the right to put such a thing on your car !!!
After mediating between the friend and the officer we were let off only after a promise to change the number plate before leaving goa !!

Even after going thru such hassle s my freind comes back to mumbai and goes back for the devnagiri plates !!!! A little bit of influence does not help to form a clout .

I hate such claim s of using a devnagiri plate and claiming your right to be proud of the state u reside in !!!!!
Old 9th April 2008, 18:08   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

He is just wasting his time. Cops will agree that english numerics are far easier to read.
Old 9th April 2008, 18:15   #26
Senior - BHPian

Where did he say this? I mean I did not see this in today's paper(may be I missed it)

Can some one please provide a source?
Old 9th April 2008, 19:19   #27
BHPian

Unfotunate

Its really unfortunate for the country to have such mean minded Polititians

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post
Seems Dy. CM of Maharashtra has come out with a new brainwave after shooing out the bar girls some time back !! He has proclaimed that he will convince the Union Govt to allow Maharashtra to have Marathi Number plates. It is not clear if he meant only marathi or dual language.
Now I know why I find most number plates using Marathi / Devnagari numerals also have a timepiece printed on its side... the symbol of NCP !!

Has the Dy C.M considered the point that when Maharashtra vehicles travel inter-state they would be sitting ducks for the Traffic police of the other states !!
Old 9th April 2008, 19:39   #28
Senior - BHPian

Another leader who woke up from his dreams,as if the last thing to be done was this crap.These guys are irritating at times guys,

ram
Old 9th April 2008, 20:10   #29
BHPian

Politicians will never change and go all out to get thier vote bank increased and such a move is sure to backfire when someone travels interstate then all have to carry a local language number plate for each state you visit. This is absurd thinking.
Old 9th April 2008, 20:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

I have seen many vehicles in Bangalore having registration no in Kannada. The cops does not even bother to look at these guys. Most of them are 2 wheelers zipping past traffic lanes. Now, Maharastra's Dy CM is following the same. When will these politicians come out of these idiotic ideas. Just imagine a guy driving with marathi number plate in southern states? He will be caught easily by cops as it will be unreadable.

Most Viewed