Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2008, 22:53   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
As said by Gerdarmee, when the rest of the world is trying to unite, over here we have people trying to come up with more reasons for breaking up!
This is what has been given to us as "Dahej" by the people who ruled us for almost 400 years. We still want to practice the same.
Old 9th April 2008, 23:13   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Guys, I have found a fundoo solution to this issue.

1)Let all number plates be replaced by similar sized LCD screens.
2)Using GPS, let us track which state the vehicle is in.
3)Now, let the GPS device have additional responsibility of communicating with the LCD numberplates and display the number in the respective regional language!

And voila.. you have a Rs 40,000/- number plate! . If this is implemented, you will start seeing cars with no number plates instead of regional ones .
Old 10th April 2008, 00:38   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
And voila.. you have a Rs 40,000/- number plate! . If this is implemented, you will start seeing cars with no number plates instead of regional ones .
Well, that weird proposition would be brought about by the Cheap Minister, so the Government better pay for all the cost incurred to follow their rules or probably slack taxes on the cars & electronicscheers:
Old 10th April 2008, 01:04   #49
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Actually, you can use the one alphabet & one numerical from all the languages in India. It will be good atleast where ever the vehicle travels, at least the cops can read a letter on te number plate. What say?

Not a bad idea at all!! Unity in diversity
Old 10th April 2008, 01:25   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Not a bad idea at all!! Unity in diversity
Yep, at least 20 different languages can be used on a pair of plates at a time, a heck lot of diversity!
Old 10th April 2008, 01:53   #51
LLL
BHPian

Having spent my school and college days in mumbai and having observed the "great politicians" of Maharashtra, i am not at all surprised.

Its a very progressive move, that will make Mumbai and Maharashtra the most developed city and state in the world. Poverty, corruption and crime will be wiped out, mumbai will be like a heaven. Men and women will enjoy the fruits of prosperity and lead their lives in peace.

A great politician had changed the name of Bombay to Mumbai in past and we can see the great advance that city has made after the name change.

After Marathi number plates, you will see all of the above happening and Maharashtra will become more developed than even USA.

Old 10th April 2008, 02:31   #52
BHPian

I read this insightful comment somewhere, when you are incapable of moving mountains you make molehills into mountains.
Old 10th April 2008, 08:56   #53
BHPian

Quote:
How about number plates in Sanskrit
How about Binary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
And voila.. you have a Rs 40,000/- number plate! . If this is implemented, you will start seeing cars with no number plates instead of regional ones.
If this is implemented, you will see only number plates. NO cars.

-- Torqy
Old 10th April 2008, 09:05   #54
Senior - BHPian

It is actually an offence, not to have your number plate in English and you can be challaned, but who cares !!!

Quote:
IMO rules should be passed to fine any vehicle not sporting numbers in English and modern numerals whether a vehicle sports a regional number plate or not.
Old 10th April 2008, 09:50   #55
Senior - BHPian

How about a Barcode one. No human can read, and its universal one. But technology wise, this would be good to have. We can even scan or read this on junctions from signal and track them more easily.
How about humans who are in need to track a guy for his offence when he has barcode plates? Difficult.
May be have both ???
Old 10th April 2008, 11:19   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Where did he say this? I mean I did not see this in today's paper(may be I missed it)

Can some one please provide a source?
I filed the post based on two Hindi News Channels flashing the news in the evening of Tuesday. DCM was quoted as having remarked in the Assembly. So no idea why English media did not report it. If any readers of Marathi newspapers here, they may inform whether it got reported in the papers !!.
Old 10th April 2008, 11:41   #57
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 10th April 2008 at 11:53.
kicksperliter is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th April 2008, 11:51   #58
Senior - BHPian

Wait a minute! Marathi uses Devanagari script - which is also the script used by other languages like Hindi, Bhojpuri, Konkani and many more.

So how do they figure out what language is the number plate written in? I insist that my number plates are written in Bhojpuri and not Marathi
Old 10th April 2008, 12:02   #59
Team-BHP Support

Wont we all make good politicians?!
LCDs replacing number plates, various scripts for the numbers.. we really are well-blessed with ideas worthy of a politician.
Old 10th April 2008, 13:13   #60
BHPian

Benny, unfortunately You dont
Instead of criticising another politician's ideas You are praising them! - Not the mark of any politician.

Most Viewed