Team-BHP - Only Marathi Number plates in Maharashtra if Dy C.M. has his way
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Only Marathi Number plates in Maharashtra if Dy C.M. has his way (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/38110-only-marathi-number-plates-maharashtra-if-dy-c-m-has-his-way.html)

Seems Dy. CM of Maharashtra has come out with a new brainwave after shooing out the bar girls some time back !! He has proclaimed that he will convince the Union Govt to allow Maharashtra to have Marathi Number plates. It is not clear if he meant only marathi or dual language.
Now I know why I find most number plates using Marathi / Devnagari numerals also have a timepiece printed on its side... the symbol of NCP !!

Has the Dy C.M considered the point that when Maharashtra vehicles travel inter-state they would be sitting ducks for the Traffic police of the other states !!

Sorry Mr. Dy. C.M. I do not subscribe to that law of yours and I am not going to follow it. Fine me!

WOW ! Everyone will feel and act like a politician who is driving his car. The traffic police will be left with no work, no hafta - good move to remove corruption.

Ummm... When will we ever have India as a country and not disected based on language / caste / ... and all such things that politicians feel l ike!!!

This has to be the w.t.f. news of the day.

Taking language/regional chauvinism to new levels.

I would happily change my TN registration plates to Marathi. Makes it far more difficult for Traffic Police/RTO to catch me :D

Not possible till they change the CMV rules.

They can have dual number plates though, as is in Karnataka.

ROMAN NUMERALS (English) is a MUST as per CMV act.

This country is getting better by the day. Karnataka wants Kannada plates, TN wants Tamil plates & now Maharashtra wants Marathi plate,

Why cant we just have english number plates and finish off this story. All these politicians are just doing this for votes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by emkay456 (Post 788947)
Has the Dy C.M considered the point that when Maharashtra vehicles travel inter-state they would be sitting ducks for the Traffic police of the other states !!

What 'other' state? There is NO other state!:Frustrati

What next ? cars to be painted only in the ruling party's flag colours & call them the marathi/kannada/tamil colours ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by spadival (Post 789027)
I would happily change my TN registration plates to Marathi. Makes it far more difficult for Traffic Police/RTO to catch me :D

Better still change it to TAMIL:D, because if Marathi is allowed then all Indian languages will be allowed and a car registered in Tamil Nadu will have a Tamil Number Plate.

hope they wont dictate to buy indian cars only.Dy CM is playing cheap politricks.But we cannot do it in kerala.In malayalam you cant write numberslol:.Caste and linguistic politics are deeply dividing our motherland.

Excellent move...
"We would only advocate our local language and in progress, We would completely eradicate English and vacate the British and have a Democratic Hindustan"
Quit India movement.

I am not surprised, specially considering how certain organisations seems to have this suddenly-found love for Marathi these days.

God, there never seems to be an end to the idiotic ideas of our stupid politicians.

All this time, I thought this kind of stupidity and false pride in one's language was limited to some nuts in TN who would have the number plates in Tamil. But looks like stupidity is contagious, by the way it has reached Karnataka and from there to Maharashtra.