Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2008, 21:56   #1
BHPian

Swift ZDi Thread - Any information about this variant's potential launch?

After quite a bit of research, considering then forgetting the Fabia, I've decided to refocus my attention on the Swift Diesel.

To me, it's the best car available on the market till the 500 launches and the odds of the latter being overpriced are significant.

Problem is, I don't like the equipment levels on the Vdi. In my opinion, its too barren. I'd much rather spend the extra money for a ZDi variant.

Any information about a potential launch would be appreciated. Any thoughts on how much more it would cost would be great too.
Old 11th April 2008, 00:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

As of now Maruti has no plans to introduce any new variant of the Swift. Right now the company is concentrating on the initial sales of DZIRE and maybe preparing to launch the Splash and manufacture the A Star Concept
Old 11th April 2008, 11:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

I guess many people have asked this question. None of us have got a positive reply. I frankly doubt if MSIL will launch the ZDI version. MSIL is now concentrating more on reducing waiting periods. If ZDI is launched it will cost around 6l on road and i aint sure that many people will buy it at that price. 70%-80% of us will prefer spending a bit more and opt for Dzire VDI .
Old 11th April 2008, 13:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

No ZDI for swift is planned as of now.The swift diesel waiting period to go down by this month second fortnight.Supply of the same is enhanced by almost 50%.So sales figures of swift has all probability to touch the 10k mark in the coming months.
ram
Old 11th April 2008, 13:18   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Thread closed since the thread starter's query has been answered.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed