Team-BHP - The best and worst color of a car...
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The best and worst color of a car... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/38234-best-worst-color-car.html)

I am actually tired of hearing mixed remarks about the color of my car. So i am curious to know what is the general perception. I understand the choice of color for a car is very subjective but at the same time, you care about the feedback.

hence i thought this will be an interesting topic to start. If already exists, please move it to suitable place.

Which is the best and the worst color of a car on the road according to you?

Mine:

Like : Moon dust silver in Fiesta

Don't like : Pink of Zen Estilo

i think practically talking
best : white
worst but i think most favoured : black

personally
i love : red
hate : yellow:mad:

Like: Carbon Bronze Pearl in NHC
Dislike: Azure Grey in Swift

Dont like... The pink gay shade on CR-V!

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_torque (Post 792631)

agree:

I was shocked when i saw one. I would want to hide my face if i ever had to sit in one.

Dislike pink estilo & greyish swift.

Like silver fiesta, red & mag grey palio.

Some colors suit certain cars.. some dont. I think it depends on the car and its image. For example the feiry red looks great on the ferrari but looks silly on the scorpio. The skoda octavia red was good but the same skoda looked silly in the maroon. So to some extent it depends on the car.
But i was impressed by the deep pearl blue of the verna as well as the sunlight copper in the sx4. I wish more color option were here in india. somehow most of them just offer executive options such as silver, white, black, beige etc. I think a good metallic green is missing.

The Fiat Siena (the new look one) used to come in a strange metallic orange shade. Used to hate it to the core!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chittybang (Post 792638)
I think a good metallic green is missing.

I too really miss this one from the scene, some years back the shade of green on the Lancer really looked fab. A cool "Dark Olive" is only seen Porche, and BMZ's. I guess, Indian Car Manufacturer's need to leaf from such "phoren maal"

Further more, I just can't stand these "Orange" shades, which have splashed all the new variants, starting from fiat Palio , ford fiesta, n ell... but thats a personal opinion.

Recently Misty Violet in the Civic really is breath taking. Honda in general caters to a "Executive" taste, but there they've made an exception.

An all time favourite of mine since time and eternity is 'frosty silver'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque

I was shocked when i saw one. I would want to hide my face if i ever had to sit in one.

@ASR: that really makes me sick, it's for me the worst ever color/model combination EVER! i think when you buy that car in that color, you get a paperbag with two holes in it (for your eyes) for free! lol:

Best: Orange on Palio, moon mist grey Petra
Worst: funny green (dont know what it is called) on ZEN estillo

I do not think Estillo looks good in any color

Like : Sky Blue Silver on Civic ; red on my swift:D

Dislike : Greenish metallic Swift ; The golden Santro Zipdrive

Like - Black.! :D
Dislike - Green/Pink/Golden.

I guess it all depends on the make of the car ,some colors on some cars look awesome and same color on others look YUCK ;) like Yellow on Lancer is awesome and same yellow on Wagon R is yuck.

Dislikes: Pink of Esitllo, Yellow of Wagon R

I guess BLACK suites all the cars and it's a favorite to many but some have sentimental values and never even bother to look at it... personally I love black..
I didn't like the saffron color in the AVEO but was not bad on Swift, and yes those feminine colors of pink shade is a definite no no if guys are driving it..

I just hate the sight of the Distemper color BLUE Indica which used to come before.

It was like tata's painted it together with their factory walls or something..