Team-BHP - India Today Article on Indian Car scene in 2005
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   India Today Article on Indian Car scene in 2005 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/3830-india-today-article-indian-car-scene-2005-a.html)

Just finished reading the India Today (14FEB05 Edition) article on Indian car scene in 2005. Looks good.

The best thing I read was that VTEC will be re-introduced in the NHC. Also Skoda is introducing a C segment car namely Fabia, is it only diesel? My wife already fell in love with it's look. If they have a petrol version, it will be in my short list along with the NHC VTEC.

The Petra is moving down in my list based on Fiat company fiasco... sorry:

Totally there will be 30 new cars entering the Indian car market in 2005... clap:

BTW, they have put an image of Pontiac Grand AM as Hyundai Sonata... lol. The logo and the styling are dead giveaways.

And Ford Ranger in entering Indian market, finally a real pickup truck.

Well, bring on 2005... :-D

The fabia will be here first as a hatch in the Getz segment and then as a three box version in the ikon,city segment.it is the car to buy.

but there are concerns that the NHC vtec will ever handle like the older one.

I hope the NHC VTEC is not launched. Man, i have seen the current NHC rolling like crazy all over the road. It's amazing that the drivers have not been scared cuz they just keep going.... IF the NHC VTEC is launched then i feel it will be the most accident prone car after the Sumo!
What about Fiat? considering many here have doubts about it's survival what has india today written about the Panda, Idea, new palio, and those lovely Multi-Jet engines?

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit
I hope the NHC VTEC is not launched. Man, i have seen the current NHC rolling like crazy all over the road. It's amazing that the drivers have not been scared cuz they just keep going.... IF the NHC VTEC is launched then i feel it will be the most accident prone car after the Sumo!
?

Huh! Is there is a problem with NHC? I thought it was a pretty safe car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit
What about Fiat? considering many here have doubts about it's survival what has india today written about the Panda, Idea, new palio, and those lovely Multi-Jet engines?

Nope, only about a new facelift to Palio.

I guess the NHC Vtec is giving way to the Civic in India.
Thats wot i heard off late.

X

The info I have on Fabia is that its going to be a 1.4 Petrol priced at about 5.5L, I'm looking to replace my palio with it when launched.

Satyam.

3 years on and no sign of Ford Ranger !!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 49721)
And Ford Ranger in entering Indian market, finally a real pickup truck.

Well, bring on 2005... :D

Where did you find a 2005 thread!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabloo (Post 886271)

you revived a 3 yr old thread just to say that?lol: and no comments on the nhc vtec?

jokes apart. what do you think the endeavour is?

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabloo (Post 886271)

Hai na - with a covered loadbed and renamed Endeavour.

I was barely 2 weeks old in the forum when I started this thread. Before anybody jumps on the number of smilies, this was much before the 2-smiley restriction was applied.

Whoa now that is a reallyy reallyy old thread!! The Ford Underwear was actually supposed to be the Ford Everest wasnt it??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 886309)
Whoa now that is a reallyy reallyy old thread!! The Ford Underwear was actually supposed to be the Ford Everest wasnt it??

Cyrus! good joke early in the morning. I am now thinking about those who paid 18 lakhs (on road) for the Underwear!!!!:D. The passenger inside must be getting really uncomfortable!