Team-BHP - Special Registration series for PRESS ??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Special Registration series for PRESS ?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/38470-special-registration-series-press.html)

This morning on Eastern Express Highway (Mumbai) I spotted a new Innova. This was a van with an satellite antena on it (typically the one which news channesl use). To my surprise the Registration number read "UBG" with a 5 digit number .

Does anyone know, about this???

Could be right - maybe they are starting a special registeration series on Special Vehicles - Press, Fire Trucks, Ambulances, Police Vehicles & other kinds.

Our Army uses their own series of registeration numbers, so maybe they are starting something like that.

Or maybe UBG could be some sort of a Temp Number ( In UP we have UBS as temp numbers ) so could be this also.

A customer of mine from noida brought a civic to the workshop. It had UDS and a 5 digit number, he told me it was a temporary number in UP

Whats special about Press?
Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 798381)
Could be right - maybe they are starting a special registeration series on Special Vehicles - Press, Fire Trucks, Ambulances, Police Vehicles & other kinds.

This explains the alien registration.
Quote:

Originally Posted by autopsyche (Post 798515)
A customer of mine from noida brought a civic to the workshop. It had UDS and a 5 digit number, he told me it was a temporary number in UP

Quote:

Originally Posted by autopsyche (Post 798515)

That's the correct explanation. Temp numbers in UP have a three digit alphabetic code & 5 numerals after that. It is not a special series.

I also mentioned the same thing as Ishan has & Arush has. It is a temp number then.

I hate the press myself so I do not want them to be treated differently :D

PRESS will ceratinly need seperate number patterns.. to spead rumours even more fast.lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabloo (Post 798551)
Whats special about Press?

You never heard of the fourth estate?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 798660)
I hate the press myself so I do not want them to be treated differently

Interesting - so what do you do for news? Ever wondered about the anarchy that will follow if there was no press? They are keepers of the national conscience. A free press is a requisite for a stable society.

Quote:

Originally Posted by agbenny (Post 798662)
PRESS will ceratinly need seperate number patterns.. to spead rumours even more fast.

They get special treatment for two reasons - a) they need access to do their job and b) the powers that be treat them well because they are afraid of them. The press keeps them in check.
Sure there are crappy news outlets. But there are also those that take their jobs seriously. It's up to us as consumers of news to differentiate between the good and the bad.

So 4th estate wants separate numbers? What if somebody changes job? Will they take his number too?
What about 1st, 2nd & 3rd estates?
1st - Clergy
2nd - Noble men
3rd - People
Quote:

Originally Posted by StarScream (Post 799241)
You never heard of the fourth estate?

I believe it is now known that its not a special series but a temporary registration number.

Since the query in this thread is answered.

Thread Closed