Team-BHP - Grand Vitara Owners
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Grand Vitara Owners (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/38555-grand-vitara-owners-10.html)

Hey GV Owners - I booked myself a GV MT 2.0 lt brand new lying with Maruti - actually one of the last two vehicles left in stock with MSIL. Its a silver and just did the down payment on the vehicle. Finance and other formalities will take another 10 days and if all goes as planned I might riding the long cherished dream of owning a SUV by the 15th of this month !! Cool !!

I'd be driving it down from Nagpur to Mumbai. Anything I should try to experience in the new vehicle on the long drive??

Oh by the way, I got a cool 1.3 L cash discount on the GV, SGP mud flaps and a full tank on delivery day!! Is that good?? Who knows but i got myself a GV.

Thanks to all the GV owners who inspired me !!!

MOz

Congrate M-Oz but the new 2.4 is already been launched and will be available for sale starting 5th - 6th...

The Suzuki Vitara DDiS (Fiat’s Multijet engine) version earned itself the title of Australia’s best compact SUV at the 4X4OTY contest, judged by the reputed 4WD magazine editors in the country.

The competition was no where near easy, some of the tough and proven vehicles sold here in India too - Volkswagen Tiguan, Toyota RAV4, Hyundai Tucson, Nissan X-Trail, Jeep Wrangler, Subaru Forester and Honda CR-V.

Dont know whether they will lauch the 1.9 DDiS in india?

[quote=M-Oz;1367477]Hey GV Owners - I booked myself a GV MT 2.0 lt brand new lying with Maruti

Congats M-Oz! So you finally decided to buy a new one rather than a used one. The new GV 2.4 will be here in a few days but it'll also be a couple of lakhs more; and considering you got 1.3 L off the price, that a great deal! Keep posting your experiences with your GV.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitesh.b (Post 1367495)
Congrate M-Oz but the new 2.4 is already been launched and will be available for sale starting 5th - 6th...

Yeah I know vitesh.b. Actually the only reason i didnt wait for the 2.4 is because its going to be atleast 2L more ex showroom than the 2.0 and thats quite off my budget. Plus, I got a brand new car (didnt have to settle for a second hand 2.0) and a good discount on it too. Im really happy with what i got !! It took me quite a while to take the decision and im quite confident its a wise one !!!:Cheering:

Welcome to the club M-Oz Wise move.
Pictures?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sudev (Post 1368783)
Welcome to the club M-Oz Wise move.
Pictures?

Im getting my hands on the car by 15th and pictures will follow. Thanks Sudev!

Hi all,

Any owners in Gurgaon of the GV who are happy with the service they are getting from any particular dealer there? I am moving back to Gurgaon in 2 weeks time, and have bought a silver 2.4 GV (its sitting in the stockyard in Ludhiana as i have bought it through the Canteen). Was wondering where i could get spares and service for it?
I have been following Sudev's posts for a while and have searched this forum for this information, doesnt seem to have been discussed anywhere (except Oldmonks saga with his GV booking in Bangalore).
Would appreciate any suggestions.

thanks,
shayne

Shyne, you can get the GV serviced at any Maruti service center. Not sure why you are confused about this. All the routine consumables (filter/oil) are same as SX4.

GRV (Rajul) lives in Gurgaon and has a Grand Vitara.

BTW what was the price on road through canteen?

Thank you Samurai, that's comforting to know, i had no idea about the shared parts.

Hi Sudev, its coming to around 16.7 on road through the canteen. I have not paid the full amount yet so don't know the exactly, but it will not be more than 10k either side of the figure i mentioned.

@ Shayne: Am in Gugaon and have a GV. Unfortunately not driven much (bad back), so I have only been to the workshop once. But I tried Competent and they seemed fine. I'll need to service my car soon and am planning to take it back to Competent; I'll update my thread about it when I do.

R_R