Team-BHP - Ministerial BMW
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Ministerial BMW (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/3861-ministerial-bmw.html)

Just saw a state minister in white BMW 523. I thought all they got were Contessa's, looks like the ministers have moved up in life - unless he is using his own car!

Contessa's, I really oubt that!!
Atleast here in Kerala you find them on Lancers, corollas or skodas....

hey man
all ministers corrupt and they have to put their money somewhere dont they
i know that praful patel has a merc E250D , octavia elegance , and some others.
the octavia is his daughters

even the ministers of our very own maharashtra saashan are now moving about in merc Es' and Cs', octavias, mondeos, lancers.

Drifter

didnt sharad pawar have a lx470.....pearl white.....

On the topic of ministers , the High Court has rejected the plea for our maharashtra govt ministers to get Skoda's . they can get cars worth 6 lacs only is the ruling !

good job there wat say ?

Hey N_C,
the comparision between the contessa and skoda was really unfair.
They forgot to add the contessas are more polluting, slower, uncomfortable and breakdown easily as compared to skoda.
But then what do you expect from a country where mahindra boleros are better then qualis and where Enzos come for 1 crore with a 600cc engine (remember the mid day article?)
The best cars for the ministry however are tata indigo diesels/ esteems.
Cheap and FE.

Lambo,

these ministers were offered the NHC not the contessa's and they refused - they wanted the octy !!

the high court ruled that since the state funds are in debt , they should not go for the octy's ! but these SELFISH ministers were stuck with the octy's !!

guess this ruling shoots their plans down ! NHC for them is ok i guess , wat say ?

For the nice honest ones yes for the many corrupt ones, a maruti 800 would be the best i would give them.
Looking at their priorities, i say that they should be given an option between viva crdi and NHC.
The viva crdi is the best bet for them.

Note from the Admin : Post deleted : Watch the slang, SMS language and smilies.

I honestly think that the good ol Amby has the best back seat ever-most comfortable. Its like it was shaped just for your back.
I think the top guys like the CM and all should get Amby limos while the rest get Indigos. Keeping in mind that we cant go around spending crores on official cars we also have to understand that our netas cant go around in 800s or somthing. Imagine what Musharraf would say..............

i know one who has a SLK.

Guys its possible that the car could have been brought by his own money. Could be some rich politician like VM (or a bit poorer than him). I'v even seen a Bangled 7 and a new E with minister in it. Wait a minute......................... why are we talkin abt the state ministers. The Pres gets driven in a bullet proof Caddy and the PM in a 7 series (though he still prefers the good ol Amby).

own money!!!
unlikely
cos i think the cm officially earns some 30-40k a month plus perks
unless his discount rail fare works at choksi i think he got it as a gift or somthing. cos the opposition wouldnt really let him buy it from state money

atleast 2 such cars are owned/driven by "professional politicians". one was seen driving a 7 series maroon BMW and the other a black SLK. they belong to "opposing" parties. any more info might get me into trouble in a public forum.

Many politicians have other businesses but unlike VM or AA they have used their political power/position to start, own and run these businesses.